Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SoxN
Alias: CG18024, DM64, Dmel\CG18024, SOX29F, SOXB1, Sox B1, Sry-rDM64, soxN, SoxNeuro, CG18024-PA, CG18024-PB, Sox-neuro, SoxN-PA, SoxN-PB, Sry-related DM64, soxneuro
Species: fruit fly
- Laudet V, Stehelin D, Clevers H. Ancestry and diversity of the HMG box superfamily. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:2493-501 pubmed..Finally, we provide a tree for the highly complex group of SRY-like ('Sox' genes), clustering at least 40 different loci that rapidly diverged in various animal lineages. ..
- Girardot F, Lasbleiz C, Monnier V, Tricoire H. Specific age-related signatures in Drosophila body parts transcriptome. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:69 pubmed..This work also emphasizes the need for such experiments to reveal in greater detail the consequences of the transcriptional modifications induced by aging regulatory pathways. ..
- Colomb S, Joly W, Bonneaud N, Maschat F. A concerted action of Engrailed and Gooseberry-Neuro in neuroblast 6-4 is triggering the formation of embryonic posterior commissure bundles. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2197 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate a more specific function of GsbN in differentiated neurons, leading to fasciculations between axons, which might be required to obtain PC mature axon bundles. ..
- Sharma S, Nirenberg M. Silencing of genes in cultured Drosophila neurons by RNA interference. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12925-30 pubmed..The results suggest that this cultured neural cell system can be used to study RNAi-dependent silencing of genes involved in many kinds of neural functions. ..
- Sessa L, Bianchi M. The evolution of High Mobility Group Box (HMGB) chromatin proteins in multicellular animals. Gene. 2007;387:133-40 pubmed..The organization of HMGB genes was very conserved during Metazoan evolution, with the only deviations appearing in Caenorhabditis and Dipteran (Drosophila and Anopheles) species. ..
- Ferrero E, Fischer B, Russell S. SoxNeuro orchestrates central nervous system specification and differentiation in Drosophila and is only partially redundant with Dichaete. Genome Biol. 2014;15:R74 pubmed publisher..In common with vertebrates, the Drosophila group B proteins SoxNeuro and Dichaete are involved in central nervous system development, where they play both similar and unique roles in ..
- Carl S, Russell S. Common binding by redundant group B Sox proteins is evolutionarily conserved in Drosophila. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:292 pubmed publisher..In Drosophila melanogaster, the two group B Sox proteins Dichaete and SoxNeuro show widespread common binding across the genome...
- Bonneaud N, Savare J, Berta P, Girard F. SNCF, a SoxNeuro interacting protein, defines a novel protein family in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2003;319:33-41 pubmed..In Drosophila, SoxNeuro (SoxN) was recently shown to be involved in the formation of neuroblasts [Development 129 (2002) 4193; ..
- Suzuki T, Kaido M, Takayama R, Sato M. A temporal mechanism that produces neuronal diversity in the Drosophila visual center. Dev Biol. 2013;380:12-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that medulla neuron types are specified in a birth order-dependent manner by the action of temporal transcription factors that are sequentially expressed in NBs. ..
- Chao A, Jones W, Bejsovec A. The HMG-box transcription factor SoxNeuro acts with Tcf to control Wg/Wnt signaling activity. Development. 2007;134:989-97 pubmed..We find that loss-of-function mutations in the neural determinant SoxNeuro (also known as Sox-neuro, SoxN) partially suppress wg mutant pattern defects...
- Lloret Llinares M, Pérez Lluch S, Rossell D, Morán T, Ponsa Cobas J, Auer H, et al. dKDM5/LID regulates H3K4me3 dynamics at the transcription-start site (TSS) of actively transcribed developmental genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9493-505 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that, at developmental genes, dKDM5/LID and ASH2 coordinately regulate H3K4me3 at TSS and that this dynamic regulation contributes to transcription. ..
- Bejsovec A, Chao A. crinkled reveals a new role for Wingless signaling in Drosophila denticle formation. Development. 2012;139:690-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ck acts in concert with Wg targets to orchestrate the proper shaping of denticles in the Drosophila embryonic epidermis. ..
- Eivers E, Fuentealba L, Sander V, Clemens J, Hartnett L, De Robertis E. Mad is required for wingless signaling in wing development and segment patterning in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6543 pubmed publisher..In Xenopus embryos, segmental border formation was disrupted by Smad8 depletion. The results show that Mad is required for Wingless signaling and for the integration of gradients of positional information. ..
- Overton P, Chia W, Buescher M. The Drosophila HMG-domain proteins SoxNeuro and Dichaete direct trichome formation via the activation of shavenbaby and the restriction of Wingless pathway activity. Development. 2007;134:2807-13 pubmed..We show that the expression of the high mobility group (HMG)-domain protein SoxNeuro (SoxN) is activated by Spi, and repressed by Wg, signaling...
- Rizzo N, Bejsovec A. SoxNeuro and Shavenbaby act cooperatively to shape denticles in the embryonic epidermis of Drosophila. Development. 2017;144:2248-2258 pubmed publisher..Instead, a second Wg-responsive transcription factor, SoxNeuro (SoxN), cooperates with Svb to shape the denticles...
- McKimmie C, Woerfel G, Russell S. Conserved genomic organisation of Group B Sox genes in insects. BMC Genet. 2005;6:26 pubmed..since they play essential roles in early neural specification and mutations in the Drosophila Dichaete and SoxN genes can be rescued with mammalian Sox genes...
- Savare J, Bonneaud N, Girard F. SUMO represses transcriptional activity of the Drosophila SoxNeuro and human Sox3 central nervous system-specific transcription factors. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2660-9 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that SoxNeuro, an HMG box-containing transcription factor involved in neuroblast formation in Drosophila, is a substrate for ..
- Soullier S, Jay P, Poulat F, Vanacker J, Berta P, Laudet V. Diversification pattern of the HMG and SOX family members during evolution. J Mol Evol. 1999;48:517-27 pubmed..The various UBF boxes cannot be clustered together and their diversification appears to be extremely ancient, probably before the appearance of metazoans. ..