Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SMC3
Description: Structural maintenance of chromosomes 3
Alias: CAP, CG9802, Cap, DmSMC3, DmSMC3/Cap, Dmel\CG9802, Smc3, cap, dCAP, dSMC3, structural maintenance of chromosomes 3, CG9802-PA, Chromosome-associated protein, SMC3-PA, cohesin subunit SMC3
Species: fruit fly
- Smith H, Roberts M, Nguyen H, Peterson M, Hartl T, Wang X, et al. Maintenance of interphase chromosome compaction and homolog pairing in Drosophila is regulated by the condensin cap-h2 and its partner Mrg15. Genetics. 2013;195:127-46 pubmed publisher..we performed a yeast two-hybrid screen and identified the chromo-barrel domain protein Mrg15 to interact with the Cap-H2 condensin subunit...
- Hong C, Ganetzky B. Molecular characterization of neurally expressing genes in the para sodium channel gene cluster of drosophila. Genetics. 1996;142:879-92 pubmed..which are: calnexin (Cnx), actin related protein 14D (Arp 14D), calcineurin A 14D (CnnA14D), and chromosome associated protein (Cap)...
- Saberi S, FarrÃ© P, Cuvier O, Emberly E. Probing long-range interactions by extracting free energies from genome-wide chromosome conformation capture data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:171 pubmed publisher..PCA filtering can improve the fit, and the predicted coupling energies lead to biologically meaningful insights for how various chromatin bound factors influence the stability of DNA loops in chromatin. ..
- Ivanovska I, Khandan T, Ito T, Orr Weaver T. A histone code in meiosis: the histone kinase, NHK-1, is required for proper chromosomal architecture in Drosophila oocytes. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2571-82 pubmed..These studies reveal a critical role for histone modifications in chromosome dynamics in meiosis and mitosis. ..
- Carter S, Sjögren C. The SMC complexes, DNA and chromosome topology: right or knot?. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;47:1-16 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the details of the relationship between the SMC complexes and topology. It also discusses the possibility that the SMC complexes are united by a capability to sense the geometrical chirality of DNA crossings. ..
- Harvey S, Krien M, O Connell M. Structural maintenance of chromosomes (SMC) proteins, a family of conserved ATPases. Genome Biol. 2002;3:REVIEWS3003 pubmed..Recent studies are beginning to decipher molecular details of how these processes are carried out. ..
- Meyer R, Algazeery A, Capri M, Brazier H, Ferry C, AÃ¯t Ahmed O. Drosophila Yemanuclein associates with the cohesin and synaptonemal complexes. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:4658-66 pubmed publisher..This is further supported by the impact of yem mutations on DSB kinetics. A Hira mutation gave a similar effect, presumably through disruption of Hira-Yem complex. ..
- Mouri K, Horiuchi S, Uemura T. Cohesin controls planar cell polarity by regulating the level of the seven-pass transmembrane cadherin Flamingo. Genes Cells. 2012;17:509-24 pubmed publisher..Through genetic screening, we found that a mutation of the SMC3 gene caused dramatic misspecification of wing hair positions...
- Eichinger C, Kurze A, Oliveira R, Nasmyth K. Disengaging the Smc3/kleisin interface releases cohesin from Drosophila chromosomes during interphase and mitosis. EMBO J. 2013;32:656-65 pubmed publisherCohesin's Smc1, Smc3, and kleisin subunits create a tripartite ring within which sister DNAs are entrapped. Evidence suggests that DNA enters through a gate created by transient dissociation of the Smc1/3 interface...
- Kusch T. Brca2-Pds5 complexes mobilize persistent meiotic recombination sites to the nuclear envelope. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:717-27 pubmed publisher..The identification of Brca2-Pds5 complexes as key mediators of this process provides a first mechanistic explanation for the contribution of lamins and cohesins to meiotic recombination. ..
- Heidmann D, Horn S, Heidmann S, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, Lehner C. The Drosophila meiotic kleisin C(2)M functions before the meiotic divisions. Chromosoma. 2004;113:177-87 pubmed..C(2)M associates in vivo with the Smc3 cohesin subunit, as previously shown for yeast Rec8...
- Guo Z, Batiha O, Bourouh M, Fifield E, Swan A. Role of Securin, Separase and Cohesins in female meiosis and polar body formation in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:531-42 pubmed publisher..Cohesion on polar body chromosomes depends on the cohesin components SMC3 and the mitotic Î±-kleisin Rad21 (also called Vtd in Drosophila)...
- Ribeiro A, Silva R, Foyn H, Tiago M, Rathore O, Arnesen T, et al. Naa50/San-dependent N-terminal acetylation of Scc1 is potentially important for sister chromatid cohesion. Sci Rep. 2016;6:39118 pubmed publisher..Naa50/San is required during tissue proliferation for the correct interaction between the cohesin subunits Scc1 and Smc3. Our results also suggest a working model where Naa50/San N-terminally acetylates the nascent Scc1 polypeptide, and ..
- Vass S, Cotterill S, Valdeolmillos A, Barbero J, Lin E, Warren W, et al. Depletion of Drad21/Scc1 in Drosophila cells leads to instability of the cohesin complex and disruption of mitotic progression. Curr Biol. 2003;13:208-18 pubmed..The observation of SA instability in the absence of Drad21 implies that the expression of cohesin subunits and assembly of the cohesin complex will be tightly regulated. ..