Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slimfast
Alias: CG11128, Dmel\CG11128, Slif, slifA, slimfast, CG11128-PA, CG11128-PB, CG11128-PC, slif-PA, slif-PB, slif-PC
Species: fruit fly
- Okamoto N, Nishimura T. Signaling from Glia and Cholinergic Neurons Controls Nutrient-Dependent Production of an Insulin-like Peptide for Drosophila Body Growth. Dev Cell. 2015;35:295-310 pubmed publisher..These results provide a molecular framework that explains how the production of an endocrine hormone in a specific tissue is coordinated with environmental conditions. ..
- Arquier N, Geminard C, Bourouis M, Jarretou G, Honegger B, Paix A, et al. Drosophila ALS regulates growth and metabolism through functional interaction with insulin-like peptides. Cell Metab. 2008;7:333-8 pubmed publisher..These results lead us to propose an evolutionary perspective in which ALS function appeared prior to the separation between metabolic and growth effects that are associated with vertebrate insulin and IGFs. ..
- Storelli G, Defaye A, Erkosar B, Hols P, Royet J, Leulier F. Lactobacillus plantarum promotes Drosophila systemic growth by modulating hormonal signals through TOR-dependent nutrient sensing. Cell Metab. 2011;14:403-14 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the intestinal microbiota should also be envisaged as a factor that influences the systemic growth of its host...
- Nuzhdin S, Brisson J, Pickering A, Wayne M, Harshman L, McIntyre L. Natural genetic variation in transcriptome reflects network structure inferred with major effect mutations: insulin/TOR and associated phenotypes in Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:124 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results question the assertion of the 'sparse' nature of genetic networks, while validating and extending candidate gene approaches in the analyses of complex traits. ..
- Raisin S, Pantalacci S, Breittmayer J, Leopold P. A new genetic locus controlling growth and proliferation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2003;164:1015-25 pubmed..This suggested either that a particular combination of these transcripts was necessary or that other sequences are involved. ..
- Shim J, Mukherjee T, Banerjee U. Direct sensing of systemic and nutritional signals by haematopoietic progenitors in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:394-400 pubmed publisher..We expect that this study will promote investigation of such possible direct signal sensing mechanisms by mammalian myeloid progenitors...
- Benmimoun B, Polesello C, Waltzer L, Haenlin M. Dual role for Insulin/TOR signaling in the control of hematopoietic progenitor maintenance in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:1713-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study highlights the role of the IIS/TOR pathways in orchestrating hematopoietic progenitor fate and links blood cell fate to nutritional status. ..
- Bjordal M, Arquier N, Kniazeff J, Pin J, Leopold P. Sensing of amino acids in a dopaminergic circuitry promotes rejection of an incomplete diet in Drosophila. Cell. 2014;156:510-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify a central amino-acid-sensing mechanism operating in specific DA neurons and controlling food intake. ..
- Gutierrez E, Wiggins D, Fielding B, Gould A. Specialized hepatocyte-like cells regulate Drosophila lipid metabolism. Nature. 2007;445:275-80 pubmed..Tissue-specific manipulations of the Slimfast amino-acid channel, the Lsd2 fat-storage regulator and the Brummer lipase indicate that oenocytes act downstream ..
- Rajan A, Perrimon N. Drosophila cytokine unpaired 2 regulates physiological homeostasis by remotely controlling insulin secretion. Cell. 2012;151:123-37 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, we find that human Leptin can rescue the upd2 mutant phenotypes, suggesting that Upd2 is the functional homolog of Leptin. ..
- Armstrong A, Laws K, Drummond Barbosa D. Adipocyte amino acid sensing controls adult germline stem cell number via the amino acid response pathway and independently of Target of Rapamycin signaling in Drosophila. Development. 2014;141:4479-88 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a new step in adipocyte-stem cell crosstalk. ..
- Ivanov D, Escott Price V, Ziehm M, Magwire M, Mackay T, Partridge L, et al. Longevity GWAS Using the Drosophila Genetic Reference Panel. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015;70:1470-8 pubmed publisher..Genes in the target of rapamycin pathway (TOR; Chrb, slif, mipp2, dredd, RpS9, dm) contributed to the significant enrichment of this pathway among the top-ranked 100 genes (..
- Nowak K, Seisenbacher G, Hafen E, Stocker H. Nutrient restriction enhances the proliferative potential of cells lacking the tumor suppressor PTEN in mitotic tissues. elife. 2013;2:e00380 pubmed publisher..Akt/PKB and TORC1, and a reduction in amino acid uptake by reducing the levels of the amino acid transporter Slimfast caused clones of PTEN mutant cells to collapse...