Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slgA
Description: sluggish A
Alias: CG1417, Dmel\CG1417, EE85, PRODH, slg, tu3, sluggish A, CG1417-PA, CG1417-PB, CG1417-PC, CG1417-PD, CG1417-PE, CG1417-PF, CG1417-PG, CG1417-PH, CG1417-PI, CG1417-PJ, CG1417-PK, CG1417-PL, CG1417-PM, CG1417-PN, proline dehydrogenase, slgA-PA, slgA-PB, slgA-PC, slgA-PD, slgA-PE, slgA-PF, slgA-PG, slgA-PH, slgA-PI, slgA-PJ, slgA-PK, slgA-PL, slgA-PM, slgA-PN, sluggish, sluggish-A, sluggishA
Species: fruit fly
- Tritsch D, Mawlawi H, Biellmann J. Mechanism-based inhibition of proline dehydrogenase by proline analogues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1202:77-81 pubmedThe inactivation of proline dehydrogenase by several L-Pro analogues was investigated with the aim to block the essential metabolic pathway of tsetse flies allowing the degradation of L-Pro to L-Glu...
- Fergestad T, Olson L, Patel K, Miller R, Palladino M, Ganetzky B. Neuropathology in Drosophila mutants with increased seizure susceptibility. Genetics. 2008;178:947-56 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the importance of proper cellular metabolism in maintaining both the activity and viability of neurons. ..
- Fergestad T, Bostwick B, Ganetzky B. Metabolic disruption in Drosophila bang-sensitive seizure mutants. Genetics. 2006;173:1357-64 pubmed..Our data implicate cellular metabolism in regulating seizure susceptibility and suggest that differential sensitivity of neuronal subtypes to metabolic changes underlies distinct types of seizure activity. ..
- Miklos G, Yamamoto M, Burns R, Maleszka R. An essential cell division gene of Drosophila, absent from Saccharomyces, encodes an unusual protein with tubulin-like and myosin-like peptide motifs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5189-94 pubmed..The Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome lacks a true homolog of the misato gene, and this finding highlights the emerging problem of assigning functional attributes to orphan genes that occur only in some evolutionary lineages. ..
- Misener S, Chen C, Walker V. Cold tolerance and proline metabolic gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2001;47:393-400 pubmed
- Maleszka R, de Couet H, Miklos G. Data transferability from model organisms to human beings: insights from the functional genomics of the flightless region of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3731-6 pubmed
- Markow T, Merriam J. Phototactic and geotactic behavior of countercurrent defective mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. Behav Genet. 1977;7:447-55 pubmed..The results suggest that certain mutations may be affecting visual components other than the ERG while other mutations may be more centrally or generally acting. ..
- Russell R, Healy M, Oakeshott J. Molecular analysis of the lethal(1)B214 region at the base of the X chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 1992;101:456-66 pubmed
- Maleszka R, Hanes S, Hackett R, de Couet H, Miklos G. The Drosophila melanogaster dodo (dod) gene, conserved in humans, is functionally interchangeable with the ESS1 cell division gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:447-51 pubmed..When we expressed the dodo gene product in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, it rescued the lethal phenotype of the ESS1 cell division gene. ..