Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Skeletor
Alias: 2Ab3, CG14681, CG14682, CG31261, CG32922, CG33676, CG43161, Dmel\CG43161, Dmel_CG14681, Dmel_CG33676, skeletor, skeletor, CG43161-PB, CG43161-PC, CG43161-PD, CG43161-PE, Skeletor-PB, Skeletor-PC, Skeletor-PD, Skeletor-PE
Species: fruit fly
- Aravind L. DOMON: an ancient extracellular domain in dopamine beta-monooxygenase and other proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 2001;26:524-6 pubmed..This domain was predicted to adopt an all-beta fold with seven or eight strands and might function as a module mediating a range of extracellular adhesive interactions. ..
- Qi H, Rath U, Wang D, Xu Y, Ding Y, Zhang W, et al. Megator, an essential coiled-coil protein that localizes to the putative spindle matrix during mitosis in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4854-65 pubmed..ortholog in Drosophila with an extended coiled-coil domain, colocalizes with the putative spindle matrix proteins Skeletor and Chromator during mitosis...
- Qi H, Rath U, Ding Y, Ji Y, Blacketer M, Girton J, et al. EAST interacts with Megator and localizes to the putative spindle matrix during mitosis in Drosophila. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:1284-91 pubmed..at interphase, redistributes during mitosis to colocalize with the spindle matrix proteins, Megator and Skeletor. EAST and Megator also colocalize to the intranuclear space surrounding the chromosomes at interphase...
- Johansen J, Johansen K. The spindle matrix through the cell cycle in Drosophila. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:213-20 pubmed
- Scholey J, Rogers G, Sharp D. Mitosis, microtubules, and the matrix. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:261-6 pubmed..The mechanical events of mitosis depend on the action of microtubules and mitotic motors, but whether these spindle components act alone or in concert with a spindle matrix is an important question. ..