Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sif
Description: still life
Alias: CG32414, CG34418, CG5256, CG5406, Dm_3L:26493, Dmel\CG34418, Dmel_CG32414, Dmel_CG5406, RhoGEF, SIF, Sif, lincRNA.447, slf, still life, CG34418-PA, CG34418-PB, CG34418-PC, CG34418-PF, CG34418-PI, CG34418-PJ, CG34418-PK, CG34418-PL, CG34418-PM, CG34418-PN, CG34418-PO, CG34418-PP, CG34418-PQ, sif-PA, sif-PB, sif-PC, sif-PF, sif-PI, sif-PJ, sif-PK, sif-PL, sif-PM, sif-PN, sif-PO, sif-PP, sif-PQ, still life type 1, still life type 2, still-life
Species: fruit fly
- Dickman D, Davis G. The schizophrenia susceptibility gene dysbindin controls synaptic homeostasis. Science. 2009;326:1127-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, dysbindin is essential for adaptive neural plasticity and may link altered homeostatic signaling with a complex neurological disease. ..
- Parnas D, Haghighi A, Fetter R, Kim S, Goodman C. Regulation of postsynaptic structure and protein localization by the Rho-type guanine nucleotide exchange factor dPix. Neuron. 2001;32:415-24 pubmed..Many, but not all, dpix defects are mediated through dPak, a member of the family of Cdc42/Rac1-activated kinases. Thus, a Rho-type GEF and Rho-type effector kinase regulate postsynaptic structure. ..
- Callebaut I, Cossart P, Dehoux P. EVH1/WH1 domains of VASP and WASP proteins belong to a large family including Ran-binding domains of the RanBP1 family. FEBS Lett. 1998;441:181-5 pubmed
- Brown E, Layne J, Zhu C, Jegga A, Rollmann S. Genome-wide association mapping of natural variation in odour-guided behaviour in Drosophila. Genes Brain Behav. 2013;12:503-15 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that subtle changes influencing nervous system function can result in marked differences in behaviour. ..
- Jager H, Herzig A, Lehner C, Heidmann S. Drosophila separase is required for sister chromatid separation and binds to PIM and THR. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2572-84 pubmed..Although our work shows that separase is required for sister chromatid separation in higher eukaryotes, in addition, it also indicates that the regulatory proteins have diverged to a surprising degree, particularly in Drosophila. ..
- Jin Y. Synaptogenesis: insights from worm and fly. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2002;12:71-9 pubmed
- Glazov E, Pheasant M, McGraw E, Bejerano G, Mattick J. Ultraconserved elements in insect genomes: a highly conserved intronic sequence implicated in the control of homothorax mRNA splicing. Genome Res. 2005;15:800-8 pubmed
- Georgiou M, Baum B. Polarity proteins and Rho GTPases cooperate to spatially organise epithelial actin-based protrusions. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1089-98 pubmed publisher..Bazooka/Par3 acts upstream of the RacGEF Sif/TIAM1 to limit filopodia to the basal domain, whereas Cdc42, aPKC and Par6 are required for normal protrusion ..
- Adewoye A, Kyriacou C, Tauber E. Identification and functional analysis of early gene expression induced by circadian light-resetting in Drosophila. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:570 pubmed publisher..The analysis suggests multiple domains and pathways that might be associated with light entrainment, including a mechanism that was represented by a light-activated set of chromatin remodelling genes. ..
- Oliva C, Sierralta J. Regulation of axonal development by the nuclear protein hindsight (pebbled) in the Drosophila visual system. Dev Biol. 2010;344:911-21 pubmed publisher..Based on genetic interaction experiments we show that part of HNT function in axonal development is exerted through the regulation of genes involved in the dynamics of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Ponting C, Phillips C, Davies K, Blake D. PDZ domains: targeting signalling molecules to sub-membranous sites. Bioessays. 1997;19:469-79 pubmed..Recently, the crystal structures of PDZ domains, with and without ligand, have been determined. These demonstrate the mode of ligand-binding and the structural bases for sequence conservation among diverse PDZ domains. ..