Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SdhA
Description: Succinate dehydrogenase, subunit A (flavoprotein)
Alias: CG17246, DHSA, Dmel\CG17246, SDH, Scs-fp, Sdh, Sdh A, Sdha, scs-fp, sdh, succinate dehydrogenase, subunit A (flavoprotein), CG17246-PA, CG17246-PB, CG17246-PC, COMPLEX II: flavoprotein subunit, SUCCINYL COENZIME A SYNTHETASE FLAVOPROTEIN SUBUNIT, SdhA-PA, SdhA-PB, SdhA-PC, succinate dehydrogenase, succinate dehydrogenase A, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit, succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein, succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein subunit, succinyl CoA synthetase flavoprotein subunit of complex II, succinyl coenzyme A synthetase flavoprotein subunit
Species: fruit fly
- Lawrence P. A general cell marker for clonal analysis of Drosophila development. J Embryol Exp Morphol. 1981;64:321-32 pubmedThe mitochondrial enzyme, succinate dehydrogenase, can be localized by specific histochemical stains. A naturally occurring variant which gives heat-labile enzyme is used to map a gene responsible for succinate dehydrogenase...
- Denholm B, Sudarsan V, Pasalodos Sanchez S, Artero R, Lawrence P, Maddrell S, et al. Dual origin of the renal tubules in Drosophila: mesodermal cells integrate and polarize to establish secretory function. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1052-7 pubmed..Strikingly, the normal incorporation of stellate cells and the later physiological activity of the mature tubules depend on the activity of hibris, an ortholog of mammalian NEPHRIN. ..
- Comas D, Petit F, Preat T. Drosophila long-term memory formation involves regulation of cathepsin activity. Nature. 2004;430:460-3 pubmed..In wild-type flies, cer expression transiently decreases after LTM conditioning, indicating that cysteine proteinases are activated early in LTM formation. ..
- Mast J, Tomalty K, Vogel H, Clandinin T. Reactive oxygen species act remotely to cause synapse loss in a Drosophila model of developmental mitochondrial encephalopathy. Development. 2008;135:2669-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, alterations in electron transport chain function explain many of the neurodegenerative changes seen in both early- and late-onset disorders. ..
- Celotto A, Chiu W, Van Voorhies W, Palladino M. Modes of metabolic compensation during mitochondrial disease using the Drosophila model of ATP6 dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25823 pubmed publisher..However, succinate dehydrogenase activity is reduced and mitochondrial supercomplex formation is severely disrupted contributing to the ..
- Na U, Yu W, Cox J, Bricker D, Brockmann K, Rutter J, et al. The LYR factors SDHAF1 and SDHAF3 mediate maturation of the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase. Cell Metab. 2014;20:253-66 pubmed publisherDisorders arising from impaired assembly of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) result in a myriad of pathologies, consistent with its unique role in linking the citric acid cycle and electron transport chain...
- Van Vranken J, Bricker D, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Cox J, Thummel C, et al. SDHAF4 promotes mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase activity and prevents neurodegeneration. Cell Metab. 2014;20:241-52 pubmed publisherb>Succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) occupies a central place in cellular energy production, linking the tricarboxylic cycle with the electron transport chain...