Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: scrt
Alias: BcDNA:RH71479, CG1130, Dmel\CG1130, Scrt, anon-EST:Liang-1.31, anon-EST:Liang-1.67, anon-WO02059370.57, clone 1.31, clone 1.67, lincRNA.S4061, scratch, CG1130-PA, CG1130-PB, scrt-PA, scrt-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Chang J, Kim I, Ahn J, Kwon J, Jeon S, Kim S. The CNS midline cells coordinate proper cell cycle progression and identity determination of the Drosophila ventral neuroectoderm. Dev Biol. 2000;227:307-23 pubmed..This study indicates that the CNS midline cells play important roles in the coordination of the proper cell cycle progression and the correct identity determination of the adjacent ventral neuroectoderm along the dorsoventral axis. ..
- Ganesan S, Karr J, Featherstone D. Drosophila glutamate receptor mRNA expression and mRNP particles. RNA Biol. 2011;8:771-81 pubmed publisher..These results reveal some of the earliest events in postsynaptic development and provide a foundation for future studies of GluR mRNA biology. ..
- Vaessin H, Brand M, Jan L, Jan Y. daughterless is essential for neuronal precursor differentiation but not for initiation of neuronal precursor formation in Drosophila embryo. Development. 1994;120:935-45 pubmed..da is not required for the initial appearance of nascent neuronal precursors but is required for these cells to express multiple neuronal precursor genes and to produce the normal number of neurons. ..
- Golubyatnikov V, Bukharina T, Furman D. A model study of the morphogenesis of D. melanogaster mechanoreceptors: the central regulatory circuit. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2015;13:1540006 pubmed publisher..The CRC comprises the genes hairy, senseless (sens), charlatan (chn), scratch (scrt), daughterless (da), extramacrochaete (emc), and groucho (gro), coding for the transcription factors ..
- Giebel B, Stuttem I, Hinz U, Campos Ortega J. Lethal of scute requires overexpression of daughterless to elicit ectopic neuronal development during embryogenesis in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1997;63:75-87 pubmed..Under the present conditions, lateral inhibition is thus dominant over the activity of proneural genes. ..
- Badenhorst P. Tramtrack controls glial number and identity in the Drosophila embryonic CNS. Development. 2001;128:4093-101 pubmed..I propose that Tramtrack ensures stable mature glial identity by both repressing neuroblast-specific genes and controlling glial cell proliferation. ..
- Petersen L, Stowers R. A Gateway MultiSite recombination cloning toolkit. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24531 pubmed publisher..An inventory of entry clones and destination vectors for Gateway MultiSite cloning has also been established (www.gatewaymultisite.org). ..
- Kang D, Jung K, Kim S, Jeon S. Computational-aided identification of genes regulated by the Drosophila vnd. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:355-65 pubmed publisher..These included zfh1, uzip, CG7687, SytIV, stau, ase, scrt, and dpn genes. Ectopic expression of vnd, using the GAL4/UAS system, caused abnormal expression of all eight genes...
- Roark M, Sturtevant M, Emery J, Vaessin H, Grell E, Bier E. scratch, a pan-neural gene encoding a zinc finger protein related to snail, promotes neuronal development. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2384-98 pubmedThe Drosophila scratch (scrt) gene is expressed in most or all neuronal precursor cells and encodes a predicted zinc finger transcription factor closely related to the product of the mesoderm determination gene snail (sna)...
- Bier E, Vaessin H, Shepherd S, Lee K, McCall K, Barbel S, et al. Searching for pattern and mutation in the Drosophila genome with a P-lacZ vector. Genes Dev. 1989;3:1273-87 pubmed..This type of screen appears to be an effective way to find new loci that may play a role in the development of the Drosophila nervous system. ..
- Hilgers V, Lemke S, Levine M. ELAV mediates 3' UTR extension in the Drosophila nervous system. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2259-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism for coordinating 3' UTR extension may be generally used in a variety of cellular processes. ..
- Hassan B, Vaessin H. Regulatory interactions during early neurogenesis in Drosophila. Dev Genet. 1996;18:18-27 pubmed..While lineage identity genes allow the various lineages to acquire specific identities, neuronal precursor genes presumably regulate functional and developmental characteristics common to all neuronal precursor cells. ..