Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RpL38
Description: Ribosomal protein L38
Alias: 41Af, 41Ag, BcDNA:RE42506, CG18001, CG40278, Dmel\CG18001, E-2b, GroupIV, M(2)41A, M(2)S2, M(2)S3, Rp L38, l(2)41Af, l(2)41Ag, l(2)41Ai, l(2)EMS4-72, l(2)EMS45-72, l(2R)A', ribosomal protein L38, CG18001-PA, CG18001-PB, Minute(2)41A, RpL38-PA, RpL38-PB, enhancer on chromosome 2, complementation group b, lethal(2)41Af, nipped, ribosomal protein 38
Species: fruit fly
- Dimitri P. Cytogenetic analysis of the second chromosome heterochromatin of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1991;127:553-64 pubmed..Extensive cell death during imaginal disc development was observed in individuals hemizygous for either the EMS 31 and rolled mutations, leading to a pattern of phenotypic defects of adult structures. ..
- Lindsley D, Sandler L, Baker B, Carpenter A, Denell R, Hall J, et al. Segmental aneuploidy and the genetic gross structure of the Drosophila genome. Genetics. 1972;71:157-84 pubmed..Moreover, except for the single triplo-lethal locus, the effects of hyperploidy are much less pronounced than those of the corresponding hypoploidy. ..
- Dimitri P, Arca B, Berghella L, Mei E. High genetic instability of heterochromatin after transposition of the LINE-like I factor in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:8052-7 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that I factors transpose with high frequency into pericentric regions of chromosome 2 and may play a role in the evolution of constitutive heterochromatin. ..
- Rasmuson Lestander A, Larsson J, Rasmuson B. Position-effect variegation and z1 mediated white repression in the In(1)wis system in Drosophila melanogaster. Hereditas. 1993;119:209-18 pubmed..We propose that nonhomologous chromosome pairing between X and Y is important for the synapsis-dependent z1-mediated repression of white transcription activity in this system. ..
- Duffy J, Wells J, Gergen J. Dosage-sensitive maternal modifiers of the drosophila segmentation gene runt. Genetics. 1996;142:839-52 pubmed..Furthermore, the effects of one of these loci, M(1)1B, is indirect and mediated through effects on the transcriptional regulation of posterior gap genes. ..
- Eberl D, Duyf B, Hilliker A. The role of heterochromatin in the expression of a heterochromatic gene, the rolled locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;134:277-92 pubmed
- Presgraves D. A fine-scale genetic analysis of hybrid incompatibilities in Drosophila. Genetics. 2003;163:955-72 pubmed..Finally, I estimate that a total of approximately 191 hybrid-lethal incompatibilities separate D. melanogaster and D. simulans, indicating extensive functional divergence between these species' genomes. ..
- Rollins R, Morcillo P, Dorsett D. Nipped-B, a Drosophila homologue of chromosomal adherins, participates in activation by remote enhancers in the cut and Ultrabithorax genes. Genetics. 1999;152:577-93 pubmed..in the Notch receptor pathway in the wing margin, including scalloped, vestigial, mastermind, Chip, and the Nipped locus...
- Hilliker A, Holm D. Genetic analysis of the proximal region of chromosome 2 of Drosophila melanogaster. I. Detachment products of compound autosomes. Genetics. 1975;81:705-21 pubmed..The data further demonstrate that rolled, and probably light, are located within the proximal heterochromatin. Thus, functional genetic loci are found in heterochromatin, albeit at low density. ..