Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RpL32
Description: Ribosomal protein L32
Alias: 143250_at, BcDNA:RH03940, CG7939, Dmel\CG7939, L32, M(3)99D, RP-49, RP49, RPL32, Rp-49, Rp49, Rp49/RpL32, Rpl32, bs30a02.y1, rp49, rp49/RpL32, rpl32, ribosomal protein L32, CG7939-PA, CG7939-PB, CG7939-PC, CG7939-PD, Minute(3)99D, RpL32-PA, RpL32-PB, RpL32-PC, RpL32-PD, r-protein 49, ribosomal protein 49, ribosomal protein 49/L32
Species: fruit fly
- Rozas J, Aguade M. Transfer of genetic information in the rp49 region of Drosophila subobscura between different chromosomal gene arrangements. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8083-7 pubmedNucleotide variation in the region including the ribosomal protein 49 (rp49) gene was investigated by direct sequencing of 10 alleles of Drosophila subobscura from chromosomes differing in gene arrangements...
- D Hulst C, De Geest N, Reeve S, Van Dam D, De Deyn P, Hassan B, et al. Decreased expression of the GABAA receptor in fragile X syndrome. Brain Res. 2006;1121:238-45 pubmed
- Lu X, Wontakal S, Emelyanov A, Morcillo P, Konev A, Fyodorov D, et al. Linker histone H1 is essential for Drosophila development, the establishment of pericentric heterochromatin, and a normal polytene chromosome structure. Genes Dev. 2009;23:452-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, linker histone H1 is essential in Drosophila and plays a fundamental role in the architecture and activity of chromosomes in vivo. ..
- Sakai A, Schwartz B, Goldstein S, Ahmad K. Transcriptional and developmental functions of the H3.3 histone variant in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1816-20 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that the H3.3 variant plays an essential role in chromatin transitions in the male germline. ..
- Bossuyt W, De Geest N, Aerts S, Leenaerts I, Marynen P, Hassan B. The atonal proneural transcription factor links differentiation and tumor formation in Drosophila. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e40 pubmed publisher..Combined with evidence that atonal's mammalian homolog, ATOH1, is a tumor suppressor gene, our data support a critical, evolutionarily conserved, function for ato in oncogenesis. ..
- Huet F, Ruiz C, Richards G. Puffs and PCR: the in vivo dynamics of early gene expression during ecdysone responses in Drosophila. Development. 1993;118:613-27 pubmed..As these molecules have homologues in vertebrates, our analysis may have general implications for the organisation of hormonal responses in vivo. ..
- Fan S, Marchand V, Ephrussi A. Drosophila Ge-1 promotes P body formation and oskar mRNA localization. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20612 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an important role of dGe-1 in optimization of the osk mRNA localization process required for patterning the Drosophila embryo. ..
- Lozovskaya E, Petrov D, Hartl D. A combined molecular and cytogenetic approach to genome evolution in Drosophila using large-fragment DNA cloning. Chromosoma. 1993;102:253-66 pubmed..melanogaster. The materials and methods described will make it possible to carry out a direct study of molecular evolution at the level of chromosome structure and organization as well as at the level of individual genes. ..
- Kongsuwan K, Dellavalle R, Merriam J. Deficiency Analysis of the Tip of Chromosome 3R in DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER. Genetics. 1986;112:539-50 pubmed..These deficiencies will be useful for future genetic and molecular analyses of the genes that map within the right tip of chromosome 3. ..
- Herold A, Klymenko T, Izaurralde E. NXF1/p15 heterodimers are essential for mRNA nuclear export in Drosophila. RNA. 2001;7:1768-80 pubmed..We conclude that Dm NXF1/p15 heterodimers only (but not NXF2-NXF4) mediate the export of the majority of mRNAs in Drosophila cells and that the other members of the NXF family play more specialized or different roles. ..
- Klenov M, Sokolova O, Yakushev E, Stolyarenko A, Mikhaleva E, Lavrov S, et al. Separation of stem cell maintenance and transposon silencing functions of Piwi protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18760-5 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the Piwi function in GSC self-renewal is independent of transposon repression and is normally realized in the cytoplasm of GSC niche cells. ..
- Tulin A, Stewart D, Spradling A. The Drosophila heterochromatic gene encoding poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) is required to modulate chromatin structure during development. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2108-19 pubmed..We propose that PARP-e autoregulates Parp transcription by influencing the chromatin structure of its heterochromatic environment. Our results indicate that Parp plays a fundamental role organizing the structure of Drosophila chromatin. ..
- Longdon B, Hadfield J, Day J, Smith S, McGonigle J, Cogni R, et al. The causes and consequences of changes in virulence following pathogen host shifts. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1004728 pubmed publisher..High levels of virulence are associated with high viral loads, and this may determine the transmission rate of the virus. ..
- Carulli J, Krane D, Hartl D, Ochman H. Compositional heterogeneity and patterns of molecular evolution in the Drosophila genome. Genetics. 1993;134:837-45 pubmed
- Benosman S, Ravanan P, Correa R, Hou Y, Yu M, Gulen M, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-2 (IRAK2) is a critical mediator of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64256 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate an unexpected linkage of the innate immunity machinery to UPR signaling, revealing IRAK2 as a novel amplifier of the IRE1 pathway. ..
- Goda T, Mirowska K, Currie J, Kim M, Rao N, Bonilla G, et al. Adult circadian behavior in Drosophila requires developmental expression of cycle, but not period. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002167 pubmed publisher..Given the conservation of clock genes and circuits among animals, this study provides a rationale for investigating a possible similar developmental role of the homologous mammalian CLOCK/BMAL1 complex. ..
- Ghosh S, Obrdlik A, Marchand V, Ephrussi A. The EJC binding and dissociating activity of PYM is regulated in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004455 pubmed publisher..This, together with the fact that the EJC-disassembly activity of DmPYM is regulated, implicates PYM as an effector of EJC homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Clark I, Wyckoff D, Gavis E. Synthesis of the posterior determinant Nanos is spatially restricted by a novel cotranslational regulatory mechanism. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1311-4 pubmed..Thus, synthesis of ectopic Nos protein is inhibited by a novel regulatory mechanism that does not involve a stable arrest of the translation cycle. ..
- Lee K, Kim S, Kim E, Ha E, You H, Kim B, et al. Bacterial-derived uracil as a modulator of mucosal immunity and gut-microbe homeostasis in Drosophila. Cell. 2013;153:797-811 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that bacteria with distinct abilities to activate uracil-induced gut inflammation, in terms of intensity and duration, act as critical factors that determine homeostasis or pathogenesis in gut-microbe interactions. ..
- Shinomiya K, Karuppudurai T, Lin T, Lu Z, Lee C, Meinertzhagen I. Candidate neural substrates for off-edge motion detection in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1062-70 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that T5 computes small-field motion signals by integrating multiple cholinergic Tm inputs using nicotinic and muscarinic cholinoceptors. ..
- Frolov M, Birchler J. Mutation in P0, a dual function ribosomal protein/apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease, modifies gene expression and position effect variegation in Drosophila. Genetics. 1998;150:1487-95 pubmed..Recent work revealed that Drosophila ribosomal protein P0 contains an apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease activity. Our results suggest that this multifunctional protein is also involved in regulation of gene expression in Drosophila. ..
- Choi Y, Kim H, Hong S, Ryu J, Han S, Song R. In situ visualization of gene expression using polymer-coated quantum-dot-DNA conjugates. Small. 2009;5:2085-91 pubmed publisher..Importantly, multiplex FISH of Ribosomal protein 49 and Actin 5C using green and red QD-DNA conjugates allows the observation of cellular distribution of the ..
- Fanti L, Perrini B, Piacentini L, Berloco M, Marchetti E, Palumbo G, et al. The trithorax group and Pc group proteins are differentially involved in heterochromatin formation in Drosophila. Chromosoma. 2008;117:25-39 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that trx-G proteins, along with some Pc-G proteins, play an active role in heterochromatin formation in Drosophila. ..
- Manfruelli P, Reichhart J, Steward R, Hoffmann J, Lemaitre B. A mosaic analysis in Drosophila fat body cells of the control of antimicrobial peptide genes by the Rel proteins Dorsal and DIF. EMBO J. 1999;18:3380-91 pubmed..Finally, we have used fat body cell clones homozygous for various mutations to show that a linear activation cascade Spaetzle--> Toll-->Cactus-->Dorsal/DIF leads to the induction of the drosomycin gene in larval fat body cells. ..
- Chiari Y, Dion K, Colborn J, Parmakelis A, Powell J. On the possible role of tRNA base modifications in the evolution of codon usage: queuosine and Drosophila. J Mol Evol. 2010;70:339-45 pubmed publisher..willistoni is in young females producing eggs. Because tRNAs laid down in eggs persist through the early stages of development, this implies that Q modification occurs earlier in development in D. willistoni than in other Drosophila...
- Kozlova N, Braga J, Lundgren J, Rino J, Young P, Carmo Fonseca M, et al. Studies on the role of NonA in mRNA biogenesis. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2619-30 pubmed..Our data suggest that NonA facilitates the intranuclear mobility of mRNP particles. ..
- Millo H, Leaper K, Lazou V, Bownes M. Myosin VI plays a role in cell-cell adhesion during epithelial morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1335-51 pubmed..Some embryos hatch into larvae, containing detached cells loose in the haemolymph. Myosin VI is crucial for correct cell morphology and maintenance of adhesive cellular contacts within epithelial cell layers. ..
- Muha V, Horvath A, Bekesi A, Pukancsik M, Hodoscsek B, Merenyi G, et al. Uracil-containing DNA in Drosophila: stability, stage-specific accumulation, and developmental involvement. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002738 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we also show lack of the UNG gene in all available genomes of other Holometabola insects, indicating a potentially general tolerance and developmental role of uracil-DNA in this evolutionary clade. ..
- Powell J, Sezzi E, Moriyama E, Gleason J, Caccone A. Analysis of a shift in codon usage in Drosophila. J Mol Evol. 2003;57 Suppl 1:S214-25 pubmed publisher..However, we do not argue that this shift was adaptive in nature, rather it may be an example of a "frozen accident."..
- Liu T, Li L, Zhang F, Wang Y. Transcriptional inhibition of the Catalase gene in phosphine-induced oxidative stress in Drosophila melanogaster. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2015;124:1-7 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed that PH3 induces oxidative stress and targets CAT by downregulating its encoding gene in Drosophila. Our results provide new insight into the signal transduction mechanism between PH3 and its target genes. ..
- Armstrong N, Ramamoorthy M, Lyon D, Jones K, Duttaroy A. Mechanism of silver nanoparticles action on insect pigmentation reveals intervention of copper homeostasis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53186 pubmed publisher..Finally, we claim that Drosophila, an established genetic model system, can be well utilized for further understanding of the biological effects of nanoparticles. ..
- Ren J, Sun J, Zhang Y, Liu T, Ren Q, Li Y, et al. Down-regulation of Decapping Protein 2 mediates chronic nicotine exposure-induced locomotor hyperactivity in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52521 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a significant role for the mRNA decapping pathway in developing locomotor hyperactivity in response to chronic nicotine exposure and identify Dcp2 as a potential candidate for future research on nicotine dependence. ..
- Rugjee K, Roy Chaudhury S, Al Jubran K, Ramanathan P, Matina T, Wen J, et al. Fluorescent protein tagging confirms the presence of ribosomal proteins at Drosophila polytene chromosomes. Peerj. 2013;1:e15 pubmed publisher..we have generated several transgenic flies expressing RPs (RpS2, RpS5a, RpS9, RpS11, RpS13, RpS18, RpL8, RpL11, RpL32, and RpL36) tagged with either green or red fluorescent protein...
- Yanicostas C, Vincent A, Lepesant J. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation contributes to the sex-regulated expression of two sequence-related genes at the janus locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:2526-35 pubmed..The janA gene displayed a much more complex expression; one of the major mRNAs was found in both sexes and at all stages, whereas the two other janA transcripts were expressed only in males. ..
- Tamate H, Patel R, Riedl A, Jacobs Lorena M. Overproduction and translational regulation of rp49 ribosomal protein mRNA in transgenic Drosophila carrying extra copies of the gene. Mol Gen Genet. 1990;221:171-5 pubmed..In this study we assayed for changes of ribosomal protein rp49 gene expression in flies transformed with extra copies of the gene...
- Fic W, Juge F, Soret J, Tazi J. Eye development under the control of SRp55/B52-mediated alternative splicing of eyeless. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e253 pubmed..Our results suggest that B52/SRp55 splicing activity is used during normal eye development to control eye organogenesis and size through regulation of eyeless alternative splicing. ..
- Hartje W, Reul J, Willmes K. Left hemispheric interference with nonverbal performance in aphasics: comparison with data from split-brain studies. Brain Cogn. 1988;8:137-46 pubmed
- Ferrer P, Crozatier M, Salles C, Vincent A. Interspecific comparison of Drosophila serendipity delta and beta: multimodular structure of these C2H2 zinc finger proteins. J Mol Evol. 1994;38:263-73 pubmed..pseudoobscura sry delta gene rescues the sry delta mutant phenotype. Convergence of genetic and structural data on the sry proteins supports a multimodular function and mode of evolution of these C2H2 finger proteins. ..
- Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Matsukage A. Targeted expression of the DNA binding domain of DRE-binding factor, a Drosophila transcription factor, attenuates DNA replication of the salivary gland and eye imaginal disc. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6020-8 pubmed..The lines of evidence suggest that the N-terminal fragment can impede the endogenous DREF function in a dominant negative manner and that DREF is required for normal DNA replication in both mitotic cell cycle and endo cycle. ..
- Reim I, Mattow J, Saumweber H. The RRM protein NonA from Drosophila forms a complex with the RRM proteins Hrb87F and S5 and the Zn finger protein PEP on hnRNA. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:573-86 pubmed..Like NonA, X4/PEP, S5, and P11/Hrb87F are present on active sites on polytene chromosomes. The precipitated NonA complex is enriched for certain protein encoding RNAs, notably, histone H3 and H4 RNA. ..
- Basset A, Khush R, Braun A, Gardan L, Boccard F, Hoffmann J, et al. The phytopathogenic bacteria Erwinia carotovora infects Drosophila and activates an immune response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:3376-81 pubmed
- Al Jubran K, Wen J, Abdullahi A, Roy Chaudhury S, Li M, Ramanathan P, et al. Visualization of the joining of ribosomal subunits reveals the presence of 80S ribosomes in the nucleus. RNA. 2013;19:1669-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we detected rapid puromycin incorporation in the nucleolus and at transcription sites, providing an independent indication of functional 80S in the nucleolus and 80S association with nascent transcripts. ..
- Earl J, Britt S. Expression of Drosophila rhodopsins during photoreceptor cell differentiation: insights into R7 and R8 cell subtype commitment. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:687-94 pubmed..This sequence mimics the model for how R7 and R8 photoreceptor cells are specified, and defines the timing of photoreceptor cell fate decisions with respect to other events in eye development. ..
- Chandrashekara K, Popli S, Shakarad M. Curcumin enhances parental reproductive lifespan and progeny viability in Drosophila melanogaster. Age (Dordr). 2014;36:9702 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that curcumin can not only correct a key step in the citric acid cycle and help in the release of additional energy but also permanently correct developmental and morphogenetic processes. ..
- Milon B, Cheng H, Tselebrovsky M, Lavrov S, Nenasheva V, Mikhaleva E, et al. Role of histone deacetylases in gene regulation at nuclear lamina. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49692 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the manifold and central involvement of class I HDACs in regulation of lamina-associated genes, illuminating a mechanism by which these enzymes can orchestrate normal and pathological development...
- Schweisguth F, Lepesant J, Vincent A. The serendipity alpha gene encodes a membrane-associated protein required for the cellularization of the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 1990;4:922-31 pubmed..The sry alpha protein is associated with the invaginating plasma membrane and colocalizes with F-actin. We propose that sry alpha is involved in the localization of membrane furrows within the syncytial blastoderm...
- Abramov Y, Shatskikh A, Maksimenko O, Bonaccorsi S, Gvozdev V, Lavrov S. The Differences Between Cis- and Trans-Gene Inactivation Caused by Heterochromatin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2016;202:93-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that trans-inactivation is followed by de novo HP1a accumulation in the affected transgene; trans-inactivation is specifically favored by the chromatin remodeler SAYP and prevented by Argonaute AGO2. ..
- Ponton F, Chapuis M, Pernice M, Sword G, Simpson S. Evaluation of potential reference genes for reverse transcription-qPCR studies of physiological responses in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:840-50 pubmed publisher..We analyzed the expression levels of seven candidate reference genes (Actin, EF1, Mnf, Rps20, Rpl32, Tubulin and 18S) in flies that were injured, heat-stressed, or fed different diets...
- Hiebert J, Birchler J. Effects of the maleless mutation on X and autosomal gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1994;136:913-26 pubmed..These observations suggest that if mle plays a role in the discrimination of the X and the autosomes, it may do so by modification of the effects of dosage sensitive regulatory genes. ..
- Baehrecke E, Thummel C. The Drosophila E93 gene from the 93F early puff displays stage- and tissue-specific regulation by 20-hydroxyecdysone. Dev Biol. 1995;171:85-97 pubmed..We propose that E93 acts in a stage-specific regulatory hierarchy in the salivary gland to direct its histolysis in response to the prepupal ecdysteroid pulse. ..
- Juge F, Zaessinger S, Temme C, Wahle E, Simonelig M. Control of poly(A) polymerase level is essential to cytoplasmic polyadenylation and early development in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2002;21:6603-13 pubmed..This demonstrates that regulation of the PAP level is essential for controlled cytoplasmic polyadenylation and early development. ..
- Hock T, Cottrill T, Keegan J, Garza D. The E23 early gene of Drosophila encodes an ecdysone-inducible ATP-binding cassette transporter capable of repressing ecdysone-mediated gene activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9519-24 pubmed..Our results suggest the existence of a previously unrecognized regulatory mechanism for modulating steroid hormone signaling in Drosophila...
- Torok I, Herrmann Horle D, Kiss I, Tick G, Speer G, Schmitt R, et al. Down-regulation of RpS21, a putative translation initiation factor interacting with P40, produces viable minute imagos and larval lethality with overgrown hematopoietic organs and imaginal discs. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2308-21 pubmed..These data demonstrate a strong interaction between components of the translation machinery and showed that their underexpression impairs the control of cell proliferation in both hematopoietic organs and imaginal discs. ..
- Vincent A, O Connell P, Gray M, Rosbash M. Drosophila maternal and embryo mRNAs transcribed from a single transcription unit use alternate combinations of exons. EMBO J. 1984;3:1003-13 pubmed..Multiple mRNAs, transcribed from genes which lie adjacent to a ribosomal protein ( rp49 ) gene, are present during oogenesis, embryogenesis, or both...
- Patel R, Jacobs Lorena M. Generation of Minute phenotypes by a transformed antisense ribosomal protein gene. Dev Genet. 1992;13:256-63 pubmed..the effects of antisense r-protein 49 expression, a gene known to correspond to a Minute mutation An antisense rp49 gene driven by a strong and inducible promoter was transformed into the Drosophila germ line...
- Al Atia G, Fruscoloni P, Jacobs Lorena M. Translational regulation of mRNAs for ribosomal proteins during early Drosophila development. Biochemistry. 1985;24:5798-803 pubmed..Coordination between r-protein and rRNA synthesis appears to be achieved by regulating translation of r-protein mRNAs in early embryos and by decreasing their abundance in adult tissues. ..
- Schuettengruber B, Cavalli G. Polycomb domain formation depends on short and long distance regulatory cues. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56531 pubmed publisher..Future work aimed to pinpoint the factors providing this barrier function will be required to understand the precise molecular mechanism by which active promoter regions can act as boundaries to stop spreading of H3K27me3. ..
- Tomita J, Ueno T, Mitsuyoshi M, Kume S, Kume K. The NMDA Receptor Promotes Sleep in the Fruit Fly, Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128101 pubmed publisher..The application of the NMDAR antagonist, MK-801, reduced sleep in control flies, but not in fmn. These results suggest that NMDAR promotes sleep regulation in Drosophila. ..
- Kemphues K, Raff E, Kaufman T. Genetic analysis of B2t, the structural gene for a testis-specific beta-tubulin subunit in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1983;105:345-56 pubmed..All four mutant genes encode beta 2-tubulin subunits that are synthesized at normal rates but do not accumulate. All mutants are completely male sterile as homozygotes. ..
- Bhadra M, Bhadra U, Kundu J, Birchler J. Gene expression analysis of the function of the male-specific lethal complex in Drosophila. Genetics. 2005;169:2061-74 pubmed
- Fuda N, Buckley M, Wei W, Core L, Waters C, Reinberg D, et al. Fcp1 dephosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain is required for efficient transcription of heat shock genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3428-37 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Fcp1 is required to maintain the pool of initiation-competent unphosphorylated Pol II, and this function is particularly important for the highly transcribed heat shock genes. ..
- Herrig D, Modrick A, Brud E, Llopart A. Introgression in the Drosophila subobscura--D. Madeirensis sister species: evidence of gene flow in nuclear genes despite mitochondrial differentiation. Evolution. 2014;68:705-19 pubmed publisher..Contrary to other observations in Drosophila, the mitochondrial genome appears resilient to gene flow in the presence of nuclear exchange...
- Crozatier M, Kongsuwan K, Ferrer P, Merriam J, Lengyel J, Vincent A. Single amino acid exchanges in separate domains of the Drosophila serendipity delta zinc finger protein cause embryonic and sex biased lethality. Genetics. 1992;131:905-16 pubmed..The fourth mutation is located in the NH2-proximal part of the protein, in a domain proposed to be involved in specific protein-protein interactions. ..
- Pompa P, Vecchio G, Galeone A, Brunetti V, Maiorano G, Sabella S, et al. Physical assessment of toxicology at nanoscale: nano dose-metrics and toxicity factor. Nanoscale. 2011;3:2889-97 pubmed publisher..This approach may pave the way to a systematic classification of nanomaterials, leading to important developments in risk assessment and regulatory approval, as well as in a wide range of nanomedicine applications. ..
- Koushika S, Soller M, White K. The neuron-enriched splicing pattern of Drosophila erect wing is dependent on the presence of ELAV protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1836-45 pubmed..Additionally, we report that ELAV promotes a neuron-enriched splice isoform of Drosophila armadillo transcript. ELAV, however, is not involved in all neuron-enriched splice events. ..
- Munte A, Aguade M, Segarra C. Divergence of the yellow gene between Drosophila melanogaster and D. subobscura: recombination rate, codon bias and synonymous substitutions. Genetics. 1997;147:165-75 pubmed..melanogaster. ..
- Shikama N, Brack C. Changes in the expression of genes involved in protein synthesis during Drosophila aging. Gerontology. 1996;42:123-36 pubmed..Our data suggest that down-regulation of RNA polymerase I-, II-, and III-mediated transcription may contribute to an age-related decrease in protein synthesis or other homeostatic functions. ..
- Myers F, Francis Lang H, Newbury S. Degradation of maternal string mRNA is controlled by proteins encoded on maternally contributed transcripts. Mech Dev. 1995;51:217-26 pubmed..Therefore, the proteins required to activate the degradation of string mRNA are encoded on a maternally contributed mRNA. We discuss possible models to explain the degradation pathway. ..
- Matta B, Bitner Mathé B, Alves Ferreira M. Getting real with real-time qPCR: a case study of reference gene selection for morphological variation in Drosophila melanogaster wings. Dev Genes Evol. 2011;221:49-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, we identified and validated a pair of genes (RpL32 and Tbp) as being stably expressed in both experimental comparisons...
- Furuhashi H, Nakajima M, Hirose S. DNA supercoiling factor contributes to dosage compensation in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:4475-83 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that SCF plays a role in transcriptional activation via alteration of chromatin structure and provide evidence that SCF contributes to dosage compensation. ..
- Zhou B, Yun E, Ray L, You J, Ip Y, Lin X. Retromer promotes immune quiescence by suppressing Spätzle-Toll pathway in Drosophila. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:512-520 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest a novel function of retromer in regulating Toll pathway and innate immunity at a step that modulates ligand processing or activity...
- Erokhin M, Parshikov A, Georgiev P, Chetverina D. E(y)2/Sus1 is required for blocking PRE silencing by the Wari insulator in Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 2010;119:243-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the E(y)2 protein in different Drosophila insulators serves to protect gene expression from silencing. ..
- O Connell P, Rosbash M. Sequence, structure, and codon preference of the Drosophila ribosomal protein 49 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1984;12:5495-513 pubmedIn this communication, we describe several features of the D. melanogaster gene which codes for ribosomal protein 49 (rp49)...
- Gibert J, Mouchel Vielh E, De Castro S, Peronnet F. Phenotypic Plasticity through Transcriptional Regulation of the Evolutionary Hotspot Gene tan in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006218 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity of t expression to environmental conditions might therefore give more substrate for selection, explaining why this gene has frequently been involved in evolution of pigmentation. ..
- Frolov M, Benevolenskaya E, Birchler J. The oxen gene of Drosophila encodes a homolog of subunit 9 of yeast ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase complex: evidence for modulation of gene expression in response to mitochondrial activity. Genetics. 2000;156:1727-36 pubmed..The oxen mutation provides a model for the genetic analysis in multicellular organisms of the effect of mitochondrial activity on nuclear gene expression...
- Lam G, Hall B, Bender M, Thummel C. DHR3 is required for the prepupal-pupal transition and differentiation of adult structures during Drosophila metamorphosis. Dev Biol. 1999;212:204-16 pubmed
- Segarra C, Aguade M. Nucleotide divergence of the rp49 gene region between Drosophila melanogaster and two species of the Obscura group of Drosophila. J Mol Evol. 1993;36:243-8 pubmedA 2.1-kb SstI fragment including the rp49 gene and the 3' end of the delta-serendipity gene has been cloned and sequenced in Drosophila pseudoobscura. rp49 maps at region 62 on the tip of chromosome II of this species...
- Polito C, Pannuti A, Lucchesi J. Dosage compensation in Drosophila melanogaster male and female embryos generated by segregation distortion of the sex chromosomes. Dev Genet. 1990;11:249-53 pubmed..We have used this scheme to determine that the steady-state levels of transcripts of X-linked genes are the same in early male and female embryos, establishing that these genes are dosage compensated. ..