Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RpL14
Description: Ribosomal protein L14
Alias: CG6253, Dmel\CG6253, L14, M(3)66, M(3)66D, M66D, RPL14, Rp L14, anon-EST:Posey193U, anon-EST:Posey6, rpl14, ribosomal protein L14, 60 S ribosomal protein L14, CG6253-PA, Minute(3)66D, RpL14-PA, minute (3)66D
Species: fruit fly
- Coelho C, Kolevski B, Bunn C, Walker C, Dahanukar A, Leevers S. Growth and cell survival are unevenly impaired in pixie mutant wing discs. Development. 2005;132:5411-24 pubmed..We propose a model in which a balance of growth inhibitors and promoters determines tissue growth rates and cell survival. An alteration in this balance slows growth before final disc size is reached...
- Pinnola A, Naumova N, Shah M, Tulin A. Nucleosomal core histones mediate dynamic regulation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 protein binding to chromatin and induction of its enzymatic activity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32511-9 pubmed..Therefore, our data collectively suggests a model in which both the regulation of PARP1 protein binding to chromatin and the enzymatic activation of PARP1 protein depend on the dynamics of nucleosomal core histone mediation. ..
- Haynes S. Primary structure of Drosophila ribosomal protein L14 and identification of conserved protein motifs. DNA Seq. 1997;8:105-8 pubmed..I have sequenced a cDNA that encodes a Drosophila homolog of the rat ribosomal protein L14. The cDNA sequence was 601 nucleotides long, with an open reading frame encoding a protein of 166 amino ..
- Montagne J, Stewart M, Stocker H, Hafen E, Kozma S, Thomas G. Drosophila S6 kinase: a regulator of cell size. Science. 1999;285:2126-9 pubmed..Thus, the dS6K gene product regulates cell size in a cell-autonomous manner without impinging on cell number. ..
- McDermott S, Meignin C, Rappsilber J, Davis I. Drosophila Syncrip binds the gurken mRNA localisation signal and regulates localised transcripts during axis specification. Biol Open. 2012;1:488-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that Syncrip/SYNCRIP is part of a conserved complex associated with localised transcripts and required for their correct translational regulation in flies and mammals. ..
- Xun Z, Sowell R, Kaufman T, Clemmer D. Quantitative proteomics of a presymptomatic A53T alpha-synuclein Drosophila model of Parkinson disease. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:1191-203 pubmed publisher..J. Proteome Res. 6, 3729-3738) that defects in cellular components such as actin cytoskeleton and mitochondria may contribute to the development of later symptoms. ..
- Jacobsson L, Kronhamn J, Rasmuson Lestander A. The Drosophila Pax6 paralogs have different functions in head development but can partially substitute for each other. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;282:217-31 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that Toy and Ey, to some extent, can substitute for each other. Nevertheless, the phenotypes of the rescued flies indicate that the two Pax6 genes are specialized to regulate defined structures of the fly head. ..