Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: robl
Alias: CG10751, DLC, Dmel\CG10751, LC7, l(2)k10408, roblk, roadblock, CG10751-PA, dynein light chain, dynein light chain LC7, dynein, light chain, roadblock-type 2, robl-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Nyarko A, Barbar E. Light chain-dependent self-association of dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1556-66 pubmed publisher..However, recent studies show that the predicted coiled-coil sequence partially overlaps the light chain LC7 recognition sequence on IC, raising questions about the apparently contradictory effects of LC8 and LC7...
- Kang M, Hansen T, Mickiewicz M, Kaczynski T, Fye S, Gunawardena S. Disruption of axonal transport perturbs bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)--signaling and contributes to synaptic abnormalities in two neurodegenerative diseases. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104617 pubmed publisher..Thus problems in axonal transport occurs early, perturbs BMP signaling, and likely contributes to the synaptic abnormalities observed in these two diseases...
- Copf T. Developmental shaping of dendritic arbors in Drosophila relies on tightly regulated intra-neuronal activity of protein kinase A (PKA). Dev Biol. 2014;393:282-297 pubmed publisher..Our data argue that tightly controlled dose-dependent intra-neuronal PKA activity levels are critical in determining the dendritic arbor complexity, one of the possible ways being through the regulation of organelle distribution. ..
- Hall J, Song Y, Karplus P, Barbar E. The crystal structure of dynein intermediate chain-light chain roadblock complex gives new insights into dynein assembly. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22566-75 pubmed publisherThe roadblock/LC7 dynein light chain is a ubiquitous component of all dyneins and is essential for many diverse processes including proper axonal transport and dendrite growth...
- Hall J, Karplus P, Barbar E. Multivalency in the assembly of intrinsically disordered Dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33115-21 pubmed publisher..Our results show assembled dynein IC as an elongated, flexible polybivalent duplex, and suggest that polybivalency is an important general mechanism for constructing stable yet reversible and functionally versatile complexes. ..
- Satoh D, Sato D, Tsuyama T, Saito M, Ohkura H, Rolls M, et al. Spatial control of branching within dendritic arbors by dynein-dependent transport of Rab5-endosomes. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1164-71 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important link between microtubule motors and endosomes in dendrite morphogenesis. ..
- Pfister K, Shah P, Hummerich H, Russ A, Cotton J, Annuar A, et al. Genetic analysis of the cytoplasmic dynein subunit families. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e1 pubmed
- Gao F, Bogert B. Genetic control of dendritic morphogenesis in Drosophila. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26:262-8 pubmed