Gene Symbol: Rnp4F
Description: RNA-binding protein 4F
Alias: 4F-rnp, 4f-rnp, CG3312, Dmel\CG3312, RNP-4F, Rnp-4F, rnp-4f, RNA-binding protein 4F, CG3312-PA, CG3312-PB, CG3312-PD, CG3312-PF, Rnp4F-PA, Rnp4F-PB, Rnp4F-PD, Rnp4F-PF, splicing assembly factor rnp-4f
Species: fruit fly
- Feiber A, Rangarajan J, Vaughn J. The evolution of single-copy Drosophila nuclear 4f-rnp genes: spliceosomal intron losses create polymorphic alleles. J Mol Evol. 2002;55:401-13 pubmed..The results provide insights into the evolution of intron loss and may lead to improved understanding of the dynamics of this process in natural populations. ..
- Chen J, Lakshmi G, Hays D, McDowell K, Ma E, Vaughn J. Spatial and temporal expression of dADAR mRNA and protein isoforms during embryogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Differentiation. 2009;78:312-20 pubmed publisher..In dADAR null mutants, rnp-4f 5'-UTR alternative splicing is significantly diminished, suggesting a non-catalytic role for dADAR in splicing regulation. A working model is proposed which provides a possible molecular mechanism. ..
- Keegan L, McGurk L, Palavicini J, Brindle J, Paro S, Li X, et al. Functional conservation in human and Drosophila of Metazoan ADAR2 involved in RNA editing: loss of ADAR1 in insects. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:7249-62 pubmed publisher..The ADAR1 gene has been lost several times, including during the evolution of insects and crustacea. These data complement our rescue results, supporting the idea that ADAR1 and ADAR2 have evolved highly conserved, distinct functions. ..
- Lavorgna G, Dahary D, Lehner B, Sorek R, Sanderson C, Casari G. In search of antisense. Trends Biochem Sci. 2004;29:88-94 pubmed..A range of bioinformatic resources could be used to assist future antisense research. ..
- Vaughn J, Ghosh S, Chen J. A phylogenetic study of Drosophila splicing assembly chaperone RNP-4F associated U4-/U6-snRNA secondary structure. Open J Anim Sci. 2013;3:36-48 pubmed