Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rm62
Alias: 4136, CG10279, DmRH8, Dmel\CG10279, Dmp68, Lip, RM62, dmP68, l(3)01086, l(3)j3D2, l(3)j3D5, l(3)rG338, l(3)s5196, p68, rm62, Rm62, CG10279-PA, CG10279-PB, CG10279-PC, CG10279-PD, CG10279-PE, CG10279-PF, CG10279-PH, CG10279-PI, CG10279-PJ, CG10279-PK, CG10279-PL, CG10279-PM, Lighten-up, Rm62-PA, Rm62-PB, Rm62-PC, Rm62-PD, Rm62-PE, Rm62-PF, Rm62-PH, Rm62-PI, Rm62-PJ, Rm62-PK, Rm62-PL, Rm62-PM, helicase p62, lighten up
Species: fruit fly
- Cziko A, McCann C, Howlett I, Barbee S, Duncan R, Luedemann R, et al. Genetic modifiers of dFMR1 encode RNA granule components in Drosophila. Genetics. 2009;182:1051-60 pubmed publisher..Several mutations in dco, orb2, pAbp, rm62, and smD3 genes dominantly suppress the sev-dfmr1 rough-eye phenotype, suggesting that they are required for dFMR1-..
- Stoiber M, Olson S, May G, Duff M, Manent J, Obar R, et al. Extensive cross-regulation of post-transcriptional regulatory networks in Drosophila. Genome Res. 2015;25:1692-702 pubmed publisher..From the simultaneous acquisition and integrative analysis of protein and RNA constituents of RNPs, we identify extensive cross-regulatory and hierarchical interactions in post-transcriptional control. ..
- Baxley R, Soshnev A, Koryakov D, Zhimulev I, Geyer P. The role of the Suppressor of Hairy-wing insulator protein in Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;356:398-410 pubmed publisher..2 and CP190, these proteins are not essential for oogenesis. These studies represent the first molecular investigations of Su(Hw) function in the germline, which uncover distinct requirements for Su(Hw) insulator and ovary functions. ..
- Olson S, Blanchette M, Park J, Savva Y, Yeo G, Yeakley J, et al. A regulator of Dscam mutually exclusive splicing fidelity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:1134-40 pubmed..Thus, the fidelity of mutually exclusive splicing in the exon 6 cluster is governed by an intricate combination of alternative RNA structures and a globally acting splicing repressor. ..
- Shpargel K, Praveen K, Rajendra T, Matera A. Gemin3 is an essential gene required for larval motor function and pupation in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:90-101 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the conservation of Gemin3 protein function in metazoan snRNP assembly and reveal that loss of either Smn or Gemin3 can contribute to neuromuscular dysfunction. ..
- Hurt J, Obar R, Zhai B, Farny N, Gygi S, Silver P. A conserved CCCH-type zinc finger protein regulates mRNA nuclear adenylation and export. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:265-77 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a model wherein ZC3H3 interfaces between the polyadenylation machinery, newly poly(A) mRNAs, and factors for transcript export. ..
- Lozovskaya E, Hartl D, Petrov D. Genomic regulation of transposable elements in Drosophila. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1995;5:768-73 pubmed..The finding of a type of hybrid dysgenesis in D. virilis, in which multiple unrelated transposable elements are mobilized simultaneously, may also be relevant to host-factor regulation of transposition. ..
- Lamiable O, Rabhi M, Peronnet F, Locker D, Decoville M. Rm62, a DEAD-box RNA helicase, complexes with DSP1 in Drosophila embryos. Genesis. 2010;48:244-53 pubmed publisher..Here we identify a DEAD-box RNA helicase, Rm62, as partner of DSP1 in a 250-kDa complex...
- Barry M, Triplett A, Christensen A. A peritrophin-like protein expressed in the embryonic tracheae of Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1999;29:319-27 pubmed..We have also mapped two similar genes that had been sequenced by the Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project, and find that these three very similar genes are not clustered, but are located on three different chromosomes. ..
- Kolaczkowski B, Hupalo D, Kern A. Recurrent adaptation in RNA interference genes across the Drosophila phylogeny. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:1033-42 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest a predictive model of how selective pressures generated by evolutionary arms race scenarios may affect multiple genes across protein interaction networks and other biochemical pathways. ..
- Smoyer L, Dorer D, Nickerson K, Christensen A. Phenotype of the Triplo-lethal locus of Drosophila melanogaster and its suppression by hyperoxia. Genet Res. 2003;82:163-70 pubmed..This is the first report of a phenotype associated with the Tpl locus and the first report of an environmental condition that suppresses the phenotype. ..
- Bolukbasi E, Vass S, Cobbe N, Nelson B, Simossis V, Dunbar D, et al. Drosophila poly suggests a novel role for the Elongator complex in insulin receptor-target of rapamycin signalling. Open Biol. 2012;2:110031 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, homology to small subunits of Elongator demonstrates a novel, unexpected role for this complex in insulin signalling. ..
- Boeke J, Bag I, Ramaiah M, Vetter I, Kremmer E, Pal Bhadra M, et al. The RNA helicase Rm62 cooperates with SU(VAR)3-9 to re-silence active transcription in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20761 pubmed publisher..We show that the DExD/H box containing RNA helicase Rm62 is targeted to a site of rapid induction of transcription where it is responsible for an increased degree of ..
- Moshkovich N, Nisha P, Boyle P, Thompson B, Dale R, Lei E. RNAi-independent role for Argonaute2 in CTCF/CP190 chromatin insulator function. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1686-701 pubmed publisher..We propose that RNAi-independent recruitment of AGO2 to chromatin by insulator proteins promotes the definition of transcriptional domains throughout the genome. ..
- Chambeyron S, Popkova A, Payen Groschêne G, Brun C, Laouini D, Pelisson A, et al. piRNA-mediated nuclear accumulation of retrotransposon transcripts in the Drosophila female germline. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14964-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that piRNAs are involved in a posttranscriptional gene-silencing mechanism resulting in RNA nuclear accumulation. ..
- Dorer D, Ezekiel D, Christensen A. The Triplo-lethal locus of Drosophila: reexamination of mutants and discovery of a second-site suppressor. Genetics. 1995;141:1037-42 pubmed..Su(Tpl) mutations suppress the lethality associated with three copies of the Triplo-lethal locus and are recessive lethal. We have mapped Su(Tpl) to the approximate map position 3-46.5, within the cytological region 76B-76D. ..
- Ahlander J, Bosco G. Sqd interacts with the Drosophila retinoblastoma tumor suppressor Rbf. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;383:363-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude from our studies that Rbf physically and genetically interacts with Sqd. We propose that the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor may play a novel role in RNA processing through interaction with RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Dorer D, Christensen A, Johnson D. A novel RNA helicase gene tightly linked to the Triplo-lethal locus of Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:5489-94 pubmed..Curiously, genetic analysis shows that the P element inserted into this gene is not responsible for the Tpl mutant phenotype. We present possible explanations for these findings. ..
- Monzo K, Papoulas O, Cantin G, Wang Y, Yates J, Sisson J. Fragile X mental retardation protein controls trailer hitch expression and cleavage furrow formation in Drosophila embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18160-5 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that in cleavage-stage Drosophila embryos, dFMRP affects protein expression by controlling the availability and/or competency of specific transcripts to be translated. ..
- Kuleesha Y, Puah W, Wasser M. Live imaging of muscle histolysis in Drosophila metamorphosis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:12 pubmed publisher..RNA interference (RNAi) of the genes encoding the helicase Rm62 and the lysosomal Cathepsin-L homolog Cysteine proteinase 1 (Cp1) caused premature cell death of persistent muscle ..
- Duncan K, Grskovic M, Strein C, Beckmann K, Niggeweg R, Abaza I, et al. Sex-lethal imparts a sex-specific function to UNR by recruiting it to the msl-2 mRNA 3' UTR: translational repression for dosage compensation. Genes Dev. 2006;20:368-79 pubmed
- Telonis Scott M, Kopp A, Wayne M, Nuzhdin S, McIntyre L. Sex-specific splicing in Drosophila: widespread occurrence, tissue specificity and evolutionary conservation. Genetics. 2009;181:421-34 pubmed publisher..females. We found that all six loci are themselves spliced sex specifically in gonads and heads, suggesting that regulatory hierarchies based on alternative splicing may be an important feature of sexual differentiation. ..
- Obbard D, Gordon K, Buck A, Jiggins F. The evolution of RNAi as a defence against viruses and transposable elements. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009;364:99-115 pubmed publisher..Over longer time scales, key RNAi genes are repeatedly duplicated or lost across the metazoan phylogeny, with important implications for RNAi as an immune defence. ..
- Le Thomas A, Rogers A, Webster A, Marinov G, Liao S, Perkins E, et al. Piwi induces piRNA-guided transcriptional silencing and establishment of a repressive chromatin state. Genes Dev. 2013;27:390-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Piwi identifies targets complementary to the associated piRNA and induces transcriptional repression by establishing a repressive chromatin state when correct targets are found. ..
- Lei E, Corces V. RNA interference machinery influences the nuclear organization of a chromatin insulator. Nat Genet. 2006;38:936-41 pubmed..when Argonaute genes required for RNAi are mutated, and insulator function is improved when the levels of the Rm62 helicase, involved in double-stranded RNA (dsRNA)-mediated silencing and heterochromatin formation, are reduced...
- Reddy B, Bajpe P, Bassett A, Moshkin Y, Kozhevnikova E, Bezstarosti K, et al. Drosophila transcription factor Tramtrack69 binds MEP1 to recruit the chromatin remodeler NuRD. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5234-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, there appears to be a hierarchical relationship in which transcription factor binding precedes remodeler recruitment. ..
- Kavi H, Birchler J. Interaction of RNA polymerase II and the small RNA machinery affects heterochromatic silencing in Drosophila. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2009;2:15 pubmed publisher..Pol II (largest and second largest subunit) and small RNA silencing machinery components (dcr-2, ago1, ago2, piwi, Lip [D], aub and hls)...
- Cugusi S, Li Y, Jin P, Lucchesi J. The Drosophila Helicase MLE Targets Hairpin Structures in Genomic Transcripts. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005761 pubmed publisher..The association of MLE at these sites is independent of sequence and chromosome location. We use two functional assays to test the biological relevance of this association and determine that MLE participates in the RNAi pathway. ..
- Martin Morris L, Csink A, Dorer D, Talbert P, Henikoff S. Heterochromatic trans-inactivation of Drosophila white transgenes. Genetics. 1997;147:671-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that many Drosophila genes, in many positions in the genome, can sense the heterochromatic state of a paired homologue...