Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rk
Alias: BG:DS00180.13, CG8930, CT25644, DLGR-2, DLGR2, Dmel\CG8930, LGR2, lgr2, rk/CG8930, rickets, CG8930-PA, glycoprotein hormone receptor II, glycoprotein-hormone-receptor-II, leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor 2, rk-PA
Species: fruit fly
- An S, Dong S, Wang Q, Li S, Gilbert L, Stanley D, et al. Insect neuropeptide bursicon homodimers induce innate immune and stress genes during molting by activating the NF-?B transcription factor Relish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34510 pubmed publisher..and sclerotization) through the Drosophila leucine-rich repeats-containing G protein-coupled receptor 2 (DLGR2). Recent studies show that both bursicon subunits also form homodimers...
- Scopelliti A, Cordero J, Diao F, Strathdee K, White B, Sansom O, et al. Local control of intestinal stem cell homeostasis by enteroendocrine cells in the adult Drosophila midgut. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1199-211 pubmed publisher..Bursicon binding to its receptor, DLGR2, the ortholog of mammalian leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptors (LGR4-6), represses the ..
- Natzle J, Kiger J, Green M. Bursicon signaling mutations separate the epithelial-mesenchymal transition from programmed cell death during Drosophila melanogaster wing maturation. Genetics. 2008;180:885-93 pubmed publisher..These observations establish that the Bursicon/Rickets signaling pathway is necessary for both wing expansion and initiation of the EMT that leads to removal of the ..
- Harwood B, Draper I, Kopin A. Targeted inactivation of the rickets receptor in muscle compromises Drosophila viability. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:4091-8 pubmed publisher..Bursicon activity is mediated through its cognate G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), rickets. We have developed a membrane-tethered bursicon construct that enables spatial modulation of rickets-mediated ..
- Nishi S, Nakabayashi K, Kobilka B, Hsueh A. The ectodomain of the luteinizing hormone receptor interacts with exoloop 2 to constrain the transmembrane region: studies using chimeric human and fly receptors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3958-64 pubmed..We fused the ectodomain of human LH or FSH receptors to the transmembrane region of fly LGR2. The chimeric human/fly receptors, unlike their wild type counterparts, exhibited ligand-independent constitutive ..
- Vallejo D, Juarez CarreÃ±o S, Bolivar J, Morante J, Dominguez M. A brain circuit that synchronizes growth and maturation revealed through Dilp8 binding to Lgr3. Science. 2015;350:aac6767 pubmed publisher..This previously unrecognized circuit suggests how growth and maturation rate are matched and co-regulated according to Dilp8 signals to stabilize organismal size. ..
- Gubb D, Ashburner M, Roote J, Davis T. A novel transvection phenomenon affecting the white gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;126:167-76 pubmed..This effect of rearrangements has been used as the basis for a screen, gamma-ray induced aberrations with at least one breakpoint opposite the TE site were recovered by their suppression of the zeste phenotype. ..
- Fossett N, Arbour Reily P, Kilroy G, McDaniel M, Mahmoud J, Tucker A, et al. Analysis of ENU-induced mutations at the Adh locus in Drosophila melanogaster. Mutat Res. 1990;231:73-85 pubmed..7 of the 9 intragenic mutations were GC to AT transitions which resulted in 5 single amino acid substitutions, 1 premature translation termination codon, and 1 splice site mutation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Anllo L, Schupbach T. Signaling through the G-protein-coupled receptor Rickets is important for polarity, detachment, and migration of the border cells in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2016;414:193-206 pubmed publisher..In a mutagenesis screen, we isolated two alleles of the gene rickets (rk) encoding a G-protein-coupled receptor...
- Flaven Pouchon J, Farine J, Ewer J, Ferveur J. Regulation of cuticular hydrocarbon profile maturation by Drosophila tanning hormone, bursicon, and its interaction with desaturase activity. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;79:87-96 pubmed publisher..of the new cuticle are controlled by the neurohormone, bursicon, and its receptor, encoded by the DLGR2 receptor, rickets (rk); by contrast, little is known about the timecourse of changes in CH profile and about the role of bursicon ..
- Sudo S, Kuwabara Y, Park J, Hsu S, Hsueh A. Heterodimeric fly glycoprotein hormone-alpha2 (GPA2) and glycoprotein hormone-beta5 (GPB5) activate fly leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor-1 (DLGR1) and stimulation of human thyrotropin receptors by chimeric fly GPA2 and human . Endocrinology. 2005;146:3596-604 pubmed..beta-subunits, capable of stimulating cAMP production mediated by fly orphan receptor DLGR1 but not DLGR2. Although the fly GPA2/GPB5 heterodimers did not activate human TSH or gonadotropin receptors, chimeric fly GPA2/..
- Harwood B, Fortin J, Gao K, Chen C, Beinborn M, Kopin A. Membrane tethered bursicon constructs as heterodimeric modulators of the Drosophila G protein-coupled receptor rickets. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:814-21 pubmed publisher..focus on Drosophila bursicon, a heterodimeric cystine-knot protein that activates the G protein-coupled receptor rickets (rk)...
- Loveall B, Deitcher D. The essential role of bursicon during Drosophila development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:92 pubmed publisher..functional significance of bursicon signaling during development, by disrupting the expression of its receptor, rickets, in different target tissues...
- Woodruff R, Ashburner M. The genetics of a small autosomal region of Drosophila melanogaster containing the structural gene for alcohol dehydrogenase. I. Characterization of deficiencies and mapping of ADH and visible mutations. Genetics. 1979;92:117-32 pubmed..These deficiencies probably include two polytene chromosome bands, 35B2 and 35B3. ..
- Gubb D, McGill S, Ashburner M. A selective screen to recover chromosomal deletions and duplications in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1988;119:377-90 pubmed..Such aberration breakpoints can be genetically mapped, as synthetic deletions, and then used as transposon-tagged sites for the recovery of genomic clones. ..
- O DONNELL J, Mandel H, Krauss M, Sofer W. Genetic and cytogenetic analysis of the Adh region in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1977;86:553-66 pubmed..If one includes three other loci known to belong there (el, Adh and Sco) a total of 16 complemetation groups have been identified in the region close to Adh. ..
- Woodruff R, Ashburner M. The genetics of a small autosomal region of Drosophila melanogaster containing the structural gene for alcohol dehydrogenase. II. Lethal mutations in the region. Genetics. 1979;92:133-49 pubmed