Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rga
Alias: CG2138, CG2161, Dmel\CG2161, NOT2, Not2, RGA, l(3)03834, not2, regena, CG2161-PA, CG2161-PB, CG2161-PC, Rga-PA, Rga-PB, Rga-PC
Species: fruit fly
- Tao Y, Chen S, Hartl D, Laurie C. Genetic dissection of hybrid incompatibilities between Drosophila simulans and D. mauritiana. I. Differential accumulation of hybrid male sterility effects on the X and autosomes. Genetics. 2003;164:1383-97 pubmed..Possible mechanisms of a "large X" effect include selective fixation of new mutations that are recessive or partially recessive and the evolution of sex-ratio distortion systems...
- Raisch T, Bhandari D, Sabath K, Helms S, Valkov E, Weichenrieder O, et al. Distinct modes of recruitment of the CCR4-NOT complex by Drosophila and vertebrate Nanos. EMBO J. 2016;35:974-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, despite the absence of sequence conservation, the N-terminal regions of Nanos proteins recruit CCR4-NOT to assemble analogous repressive complexes. ..
- Igreja C, Izaurralde E. CUP promotes deadenylation and inhibits decapping of mRNA targets. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1955-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the mode of action of CUP is more complex than previously thought and provide mechanistic insight into the regulation of mRNA expression by 4E-BPs. ..
- Bawankar P, Loh B, Wohlbold L, Schmidt S, Izaurralde E. NOT10 and C2orf29/NOT11 form a conserved module of the CCR4-NOT complex that docks onto the NOT1 N-terminal domain. RNA Biol. 2013;10:228-44 pubmed publisher..complex is assembled by the interaction of at least two modules: the NOT module, which minimally consists of NOT1, NOT2 and NOT3, and a catalytic module comprising two deadenylases, CCR4 and POP2/CAF1...
- Dietz K, Di Stefano L, Maher R, Zhu H, MacDonald M, Gusella J, et al. The Drosophila Huntington's disease gene ortholog dhtt influences chromatin regulation during development. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:330-45 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that a fundamental aspect of huntingtin function in heterochromatin/euchromatin organization is evolutionarily conserved across phyla. ..
- Antic S, Wolfinger M, Skucha A, Hosiner S, Dorner S. General and MicroRNA-Mediated mRNA Degradation Occurs on Ribosome Complexes in Drosophila Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2309-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings strongly indicate the association of the majority of bulk mRNAs as well as mRNAs targeted by miRNAs with the ribosome during their degradation. ..
- Frolov M, Benevolenskaya E, Birchler J. Regena (Rga), a Drosophila homolog of the global negative transcriptional regulator CDC36 (NOT2) from yeast, modifies gene expression and suppresses position effect variegation. Genetics. 1998;148:317-29 pubmedA mutation in Regena (Rga) was isolated in screens for modifiers of white eye color gene expression...
- Huntzinger E, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, Braun J, Eulalio A, Wohlbold L, Izaurralde E. The interactions of GW182 proteins with PABP and deadenylases are required for both translational repression and degradation of miRNA targets. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:978-94 pubmed publisher..melanogaster and human cells indicate that miRNA-mediated translational repression and degradation are mechanistically linked and are triggered through the interactions of GW182 proteins with PABP and deadenylases. ..
- Sgromo A, Raisch T, Bawankar P, Bhandari D, Chen Y, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, et al. A CAF40-binding motif facilitates recruitment of the CCR4-NOT complex to mRNAs targeted by Drosophila Roquin. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14307 pubmed publisher..Thus, despite the lack of sequence conservation, the C-terminal regions of Roquin proteins act as an effector domain that represses the expression of mRNA targets via recruitment of the CCR4-NOT complex. ..