Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ret
Description: Ret oncogene
Alias: CG1061, CG14396, D-ret, DRET, DRet, DmHD-59, DmRet, Dmel\CG14396, Dret, HD-59, MEN2, RET, Reto, dRET, dRet, dret, ret, Ret oncogene, CG14396-PA, CG14396-PB, CG14396-PC, Ret-PA, Ret-PB, Ret-PC, dret
Species: fruit fly
- Oates A, Wollberg P, Achen M, Wilks A. Sampling the genomic pool of protein tyrosine kinase genes using the polymerase chain reaction with genomic DNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:660-7 pubmed..Furthermore, as a tool to hasten the discovery of members of gene families that are of particular interest, this method offers an opportunity to sample the genome for new members irrespective of their expression pattern. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez K, Myers L, Bowser M, Kidd T. Genetic Tools for the Analysis of Drosophila Stomatogastric Nervous System Development. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128290 pubmed publisher..We constructed GAL4 lines driven by fragments of the Ret promoter, which yielded expression in a subset of migrating neural SNS precursors and also included a distinct set ..
- Anders J, Kjar S, Ibanez C. Molecular modeling of the extracellular domain of the RET receptor tyrosine kinase reveals multiple cadherin-like domains and a calcium-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35808-17 pubmed..and binding studies, we have investigated the structural organization of the extracellular region of the RET receptor tyrosine kinase, a functional receptor for glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Plaza Menacho I, Barnouin K, Barry R, Borg A, Orme M, Chauhan R, et al. RET Functions as a Dual-Specificity Kinase that Requires Allosteric Inputs from Juxtamembrane Elements. Cell Rep. 2016;17:3319-3332 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the juxtamembrane (JM) segment enhances RET catalytic domain activity through Y687...
- Fung S, Wang F, Chase M, Godt D, Hartenstein V. Expression profile of the cadherin family in the developing Drosophila brain. J Comp Neurol. 2008;506:469-88 pubmed..Cad87A is strongly enriched apically in epithelia and in neuronal dendrites. Fat-like, Cad86C, Cad88C, Cad89D, and Dret are expressed ubiquitously in embryonic and larval brains at low or moderate levels...
- Zartman J, Kanodia J, Yakoby N, Schafer X, Watson C, Schlichting K, et al. Expression patterns of cadherin genes in Drosophila oogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:31-6 pubmed publisher..Of particular note is the complex patterning of the region of the follicular epithelium that gives rise to the dorsal appendages, which are tubular structures that serve as respiratory organs for the developing embryo. ..
- Jaaro H, Beck G, Conticello S, Fainzilber M. Evolving better brains: a need for neurotrophins?. Trends Neurosci. 2001;24:79-85 pubmed..Expansion of the genome projects to other invertebrates, such as molluscs and coelenterates, should provide new insights on the molecular correlates of building complex brains. ..
- Klein P, Müller Rischart A, Motori E, Schönbauer C, Schnorrer F, Winklhofer K, et al. Ret rescues mitochondrial morphology and muscle degeneration of Drosophila Pink1 mutants. EMBO J. 2014;33:341-55 pubmed publisher..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its signaling receptor Ret are neuroprotective in toxin-based animal models of PD...
- Perea D, Guiu J, Hudry B, Konstantinidou C, Milona A, Hadjieconomou D, et al. Ret receptor tyrosine kinase sustains proliferation and tissue maturation in intestinal epithelia. EMBO J. 2017;36:3029-3045 pubmed publisherExpression of the Ret receptor tyrosine kinase is a defining feature of enteric neurons...
- Macagno J, Díaz Vera J, Yu Y, MacPherson I, Sandilands E, Palmer R, et al. FAK acts as a suppressor of RTK-MAP kinase signalling in Drosophila melanogaster epithelia and human cancer cells. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004262 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated how FAK regulates signalling resulting from the overexpression of the RTKs RET and EGFR. FAK suppressed RTKs signalling in Drosophila melanogaster epithelia by impairing MAPK pathway...
- Sopko R, Perrimon N. Receptor tyrosine kinases in Drosophila development. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2013;5: pubmed publisher..In this comprehensive review, we summarize what is known regarding each receptor tyrosine kinase during Drosophila development. Astonishingly, very little is known for approximately half of all Drosophila receptor tyrosine kinases. ..
- Huen D, Elsdon M, Ponder B. The Drosophila Ret gene is transcribed in multiple alternatively spliced forms. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;264:335-40 pubmedWe have cloned and sequenced the 5' and 3' ends of the Drosophila homolog of the vertebrate c-ret gene, Ret, and have derived from it the predicted protein sequence of Ret...
- Hill E, Broadbent I, Chothia C, Pettitt J. Cadherin superfamily proteins in Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster. J Mol Biol. 2001;305:1011-24 pubmed..Other common subclasses include the seven-helix membrane cadherins, Fat-like protocadherins and the Ret-like cadherins...
- Long H, Cameron S, Yu L, Rao Y. De novo GMP synthesis is required for axon guidance in Drosophila. Genetics. 2006;172:1633-42 pubmed..Our study thus provides the first in vivo evidence to support an essential and specific role for de novo synthesis of guanine nucleotides in axon guidance. ..
- Fu S, Yang Y, Das T, Tirtha D, Yen Y, Zhou B, et al. ?-H2AX kinetics as a novel approach to high content screening for small molecule radiosensitizers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38465 pubmed publisher..MS0019266 and MS0017509 are promising compounds that may be candidates for further development as radiosensitizing compounds as inhibitors of ribonucleotide reductase. ..
- Myers L, Perera H, Alvarado M, Kidd T. The Drosophila Ret gene functions in the stomatogastric nervous system with the Maverick TGFÎ² ligand and the Gfrl co-receptor. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisherThe RET receptor tyrosine kinase is crucial for the development of the enteric nervous system (ENS), acting as a receptor for Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) via GFR co-receptors...
- Das T, Dana D, Paroly S, Perumal S, Singh S, Jhun H, et al. Centrosomal kinase Nek2 cooperates with oncogenic pathways to promote metastasis. Oncogenesis. 2013;2:e69 pubmed publisher..Our finding posits a novel role for Nek2 in promoting metastasis in addition to its currently defined role in promoting chromosomal instability. It provides a rationale for the selective advantage of centrosome amplification in cancer. ..
- Kjaer S, Kurokawa K, Perrinjaquet M, Abrescia C, Ibanez C. Self-association of the transmembrane domain of RET underlies oncogenic activation by MEN2A mutations. Oncogene. 2006;25:7086-95 pubmed..endocrine neoplasia (MEN2A), mutations of cysteine residues in the extracellular juxtamembrane region of the RET receptor tyrosine kinase cause the formation of covalent receptor dimers linked by intermolecular disulfide bonds ..