Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ref1
Description: RNA and export factor binding protein 1
Alias: ALY, Aly, BcDNA:LD24793, CG1101, DmREF1, Dmel\CG1101, REF1, aly, cg1101, dmREF1, l(3)02267, ref1, RNA and export factor binding protein 1, Aly, CG1101-PA, Ref1-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Hayashi R, Handler D, Ish Horowicz D, Brennecke J. The exon junction complex is required for definition and excision of neighboring introns in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1772-85 pubmed publisher..Based on a transcriptome-wide analysis, we propose that the dependency of splicing on the EJC is exploited as a means to control the temporal order of splicing events. ..
- Provost E, Hersperger G, Timmons L, Ho W, Hersperger E, Alcazar R, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in a glutathione S-transferase suppress the prune-Killer of prune lethal interaction. Genetics. 2006;172:207-19 pubmed..These alleles are loss-of-function mutations in CG10065, a gene that is predicted to encode a protein with several zinc finger domains and glutathione S-transferase activity. ..
- Palacios I. RNA processing: splicing and the cytoplasmic localisation of mRNA. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R50-2 pubmed..The new findings suggest that recruitment of the Mago Nashi and Y14 proteins upon splicing of oskar mRNA is an essential step in the localisation of the RNA to the posterior pole of the Drosophila oocyte. ..
- McClure K, Schubiger G. A screen for genes that function in leg disc regeneration in Drosophila melanogaster. Mech Dev. 2008;125:67-80 pubmed..Of the 97 P-lacZ lines, we identified six genes (Krüppel-homolog-1, rpd3, jing, combgap, Aly and S6 kinase) that met both criteria...
- Vicente Crespo M, Pascual M, Fernandez Costa J, Garcia Lopez A, Monferrer L, Miranda M, et al. Drosophila muscleblind is involved in troponin T alternative splicing and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1613 pubmed publisher..and 13 dominant enhancers including Drosophila CUG-BP1 homolog aret, exon junction complex components tsunagi and Aly, and pro-apoptotic genes Traf1 and reaper...
- Korenjak M, Brehm A. E2F-Rb complexes regulating transcription of genes important for differentiation and development. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2005;15:520-7 pubmed
- Doggett K, Jiang J, Aleti G, White Cooper H. Wake-up-call, a lin-52 paralogue, and Always early, a lin-9 homologue physically interact, but have opposing functions in regulating testis-specific gene expression. Dev Biol. 2011;355:381-93 pubmed publisher..identified wake-up-call (wuc), a lin-52 paralogue, via a physical interaction with the tMAC lin-9-related subunit Aly, and find that Wuc co-localises with known tMAC subunits...
- Le Thomas A, Rogers A, Webster A, Marinov G, Liao S, Perkins E, et al. Piwi induces piRNA-guided transcriptional silencing and establishment of a repressive chromatin state. Genes Dev. 2013;27:390-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Piwi identifies targets complementary to the associated piRNA and induces transcriptional repression by establishing a repressive chromatin state when correct targets are found. ..
- Freibaum B, Lu Y, López González R, Kim N, Almeida S, Lee K, et al. GGGGCC repeat expansion in C9orf72 compromises nucleocytoplasmic transport. Nature. 2015;525:129-33 pubmed publisher..These studies show that a primary consequence of G4C2 repeat expansion is the compromise of nucleocytoplasmic transport through the nuclear pore, revealing a novel mechanism of neurodegeneration. ..