Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rca1
Description: Regulator of cyclin A1
Alias: 152549_at, CG10800, CLD4, Dmel\CG10800, Emi1, FBXO5, P3300, RCA1, S(rux)2A, l(2)03300, rca1, regulator of cyclin A1, CG10800-PA, Rca1-PA, regulator of cyclin A, regulator of cyclin A 1, suppressor of rux 2A
Species: fruit fly
- Han Z, Bodmer R. Myogenic cells fates are antagonized by Notch only in asymmetric lineages of the Drosophila heart, with or without cell division. Development. 2003;130:3039-51 pubmed..In addition, we provide evidence that whether or not Suppressor-of-Hairless can become a transcriptional activator is the key switch for the Numb/Notch activity in determining a myocardial versus pericardial cell fate. ..
- Araki M, Wharton R, Tang Z, Yu H, Asano M. Degradation of origin recognition complex large subunit by the anaphase-promoting complex in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2003;22:6115-26 pubmed..These observations suggest that in Drosophila, ORC1 regulates origin utilization much as does Cdc6 in budding yeast. ..
- Rogers G, Rusan N, Roberts D, Peifer M, Rogers S. The SCF Slimb ubiquitin ligase regulates Plk4/Sak levels to block centriole reduplication. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:225-39 pubmed publisher..Using a Plk4 Slimb-binding mutant and Slimb RNAi, we show that Slimb regulates Plk4 localization to centrioles during interphase, thus regulating centriole number and ensuring the block to centriole reduplication. ..
- Erhardt S, Mellone B, Betts C, Zhang W, Karpen G, Straight A. Genome-wide analysis reveals a cell cycle-dependent mechanism controlling centromere propagation. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:805-18 pubmed publisher..We also identified the mitotic cyclin A (CYCA) and the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) inhibitor RCA1/Emi1 as regulators of centromere propagation...
- Harper J, Burton J, Solomon M. The anaphase-promoting complex: it's not just for mitosis any more. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2179-206 pubmed
- Zielke N, Querings S, Grosskortenhaus R, Reis T, Sprenger F. Molecular dissection of the APC/C inhibitor Rca1 shows a novel F-box-dependent function. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1266-72 pubmedRca1 (regulator of Cyclin A)/Emi (early mitotic inhibitor) proteins are essential inhibitors of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C)...
- de Nooij J, Graber K, Hariharan I. Expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Dacapo is regulated by cyclin E. Mech Dev. 2000;97:73-83 pubmed..Our results argue for a mechanism where Cyclin E/Cdk activity induces Dacapo expression but only within certain windows that are permissive for dacapo expression. ..
- Rogulja D, Young M. Control of sleep by cyclin A and its regulator. Science. 2012;335:1617-21 pubmed publisher..We show that cyclin A (CycA) and regulator of cyclin A1, essential cell cycle factors, function in postmitotic neurons to promote sleep in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Bandura J, Jiang H, Nickerson D, Edgar B. The molecular chaperone Hsp90 is required for cell cycle exit in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003835 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that Hsp83 plays a heretofore unappreciated role in promoting APC/C function during cell cycle exit and suggest a mechanism by which Hsp90 inhibition could promote genomic instability and carcinogenesis. ..
- Acquaviva C, Pines J. The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome: APC/C. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2401-4 pubmed
- Tian X, Hansen D, Schedl T, Skeath J. Epsin potentiates Notch pathway activity in Drosophila and C. elegans. Development. 2004;131:5807-15 pubmed..Our results suggest that epsins play a specific, evolutionarily conserved role to promote Notch signaling during animal development and support the idea that they do so by targeting ligands of the Notch pathway for endocytosis. ..
- Treisman J, Heberlein U. Eye development in Drosophila: formation of the eye field and control of differentiation. Curr Top Dev Biol. 1998;39:119-58 pubmed
- Chen D, Ahlford A, Schnorrer F, Kalchhauser I, Fellner M, Viragh E, et al. High-resolution, high-throughput SNP mapping in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Methods. 2008;5:323-9 pubmed publisher..3 kb, and demonstrated the utility of these tools by rapidly mapping 14 mutations that disrupt embryonic muscle patterning. These resources enable high-resolution high-throughput genetic mapping in Drosophila. ..
- Baker N. Cell proliferation, survival, and death in the Drosophila eye. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2001;12:499-507 pubmed..Reiterated episodes of cell death also contribute to precise regulation of retinal cell number. The EGF receptor homolog has multiple roles in retinal proliferation and survival. ..
- Zielke N, Kim K, Tran V, Shibutani S, Bravo M, Nagarajan S, et al. Control of Drosophila endocycles by E2F and CRL4(CDT2). Nature. 2011;480:123-7 pubmed publisher..Many of the regulatory interactions essential to this novel cell cycle oscillator are conserved in animals and plants, indicating that elements of this mechanism act in most growth-dependent cell cycles. ..
- Secombe J, Pispa J, Saint R, Richardson H. Analysis of a Drosophila cyclin E hypomorphic mutation suggests a novel role for cyclin E in cell proliferation control during eye imaginal disc development. Genetics. 1998;149:1867-82 pubmed..In addition, this analysis has identified cyclin A and string as DmcycEJP interactors, suggesting a novel role for cyclin E in the regulation of Cyclin A and String function during eye development. ..