Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rasp
Alias: 7F21, CG11495, Dmel\CG11495, RASP, Rasp, cmn, cnm, l(3)63Bg, l(3)M47, l(3)SG3, l(3)m47, rsp, sig/ski, sit, ski, ski/sit, rasp, CG11495-PA, central missing, lethal(3)63Bg, lethal(3)SG3, rasp-PA, sightless, skinny hedgehog
Species: fruit fly
- Wendler F, Franch Marro X, Vincent J. How does cholesterol affect the way Hedgehog works?. Development. 2006;133:3055-61 pubmed..However, the absence of the cholesterol adduct affects the spread of Hh within tissues. As we discuss here, the exact nature of this effect is controversial. ..
- Hardy R, Resh M. Identification of N-terminal residues of Sonic Hedgehog important for palmitoylation by Hedgehog acyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42881-9 pubmed publisher..However, an N-terminal Ser served as a substrate for Hhat, but not the Drosophila melanogaster ortholog Rasp, highlighting a critical difference between the mammalian and fly enzymes...
- Steinhauer J, Liu H, Miller E, Treisman J. Trafficking of the EGFR ligand Spitz regulates its signaling activity in polarized tissues. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4469-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data support the model that localized trafficking of the pro-protein restricts its ability to activate the receptor in polarized tissues. ..
- Wohlwill A, Bonner J. Genetic analysis of chromosome region 63 of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1991;128:763-75 pubmed..Four loci, including the Minute gene, are candidates for hsp82 mutations by cytogenetic mapping. These loci were tested for complementation with a P element carrying the hsp82 gene. However, none of the mutations was rescued...
- Amanai K, Jiang J. Distinct roles of Central missing and Dispatched in sending the Hedgehog signal. Development. 2001;128:5119-27 pubmed..In addition, we identified a novel component in the hh pathway, which we name central missing (cmn)...
- Ingham P. Hedgehog signaling: a tale of two lipids. Science. 2001;294:1879-81 pubmed..Recent studies suggest that the lipid adducts regulate the range and potency of the signals, whereas the sterol-sensing domain is essential for receptor activity. ..
- Linder M, Deschenes R. New insights into the mechanisms of protein palmitoylation. Biochemistry. 2003;42:4311-20 pubmed..This review discusses recent advances in the understanding of mechanisms of addition of palmitate to proteins and removal of palmitate from proteins. ..
- Nusse R. Wnts and Hedgehogs: lipid-modified proteins and similarities in signaling mechanisms at the cell surface. Development. 2003;130:5297-305 pubmed..Several other aspects of Wnt and Hedgehog transport and signaling are discussed, as well as the possible origin of these pathways. ..
- Dawber R, Hebbes S, Herpers B, Docquier F, van den Heuvel M. Differential range and activity of various forms of the Hedgehog protein. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:21 pubmed
- Shearn A, Rice T, Garen A, Gehring W. Imaginal disc abnormalities in lethal mutants of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1971;68:2594-8 pubmed..The late lethals are therefore a major source of mutants for studying the genetic control of disc formation. ..
- Lum L, Beachy P. The Hedgehog response network: sensors, switches, and routers. Science. 2004;304:1755-9 pubmed