Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab8
Alias: AAF49101, CG8287, DRAB8, DRab8, Dm Rab8, DmRab8, Dmel\CG8287, O18338, Rab-r8, dm-Rab8, l(3)76BDu, rab8, Rab8, CG8287-PA, CG8287-PB, CG8287-PC, Rab-protein 8, Rab8-PA, Rab8-PB, Rab8-PC, l(3)76BDu
Species: fruit fly
- Devergne O, Sun G, SchÃ¼pbach T. Stratum, a Homolog of the Human GEF Mss4, Partnered with Rab8, Controls the Basal Restriction of Basement Membrane Proteins in Epithelial Cells. Cell Rep. 2017;18:1831-1839 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results uncover the importance of this GEF/Rab complex in specifically coordinating the basal restriction of BM proteins, a critical process for the establishment and maintenance of epithelial cell polarity. ..
- Gunawardena S, Her L, Brusch R, Laymon R, Niesman I, Gordesky Gold B, et al. Disruption of axonal transport by loss of huntingtin or expression of pathogenic polyQ proteins in Drosophila. Neuron. 2003;40:25-40 pubmed..Thus, disruption of axonal transport by pathogenic polyQ proteins could contribute to early neuropathology in Huntington's and other polyQ expansion diseases. ..
- Kroll J, Wong K, Siddiqui F, Tanouye M. Disruption of Endocytosis with the Dynamin Mutant shibirets1 Suppresses Seizures in Drosophila. Genetics. 2015;201:1087-102 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results implicate mutant dynamin as an effective seizure suppressor, suggesting that targeting or limiting the availability of synaptic vesicles could be an effective and general method of controlling epilepsy disorders. ..
- Akimana C, Al Khodor S, Abu Kwaik Y. Host factors required for modulation of phagosome biogenesis and proliferation of Francisella tularensis within the cytosol. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11025 pubmed publisher..tularensis. Our data will facilitate deciphering molecular ecology, patho-adaptation of F. tularensis to the arthropod vector and its role in bacterial ecology and patho-evolution to infect mammals. ..
- Zhang L, Syed Z, van Dijk Härd I, Lim J, Wells L, Ten Hagen K. O-glycosylation regulates polarized secretion by modulating Tango1 stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7296-301 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data have broader implications for the potential treatment of diseases resulting from the loss of O-glycosylation by modulating the activity of specific proteases. ..
- West R, Lu Y, Marie B, Gao F, Sweeney S. Rab8, POSH, and TAK1 regulate synaptic growth in a Drosophila model of frontotemporal dementia. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:931-47 pubmed publisher..Why mature neurons should be particularly sensitive to such perturbations is unclear. We identified mutations in Rab8 in a genetic screen for enhancement of an FTD phenotype associated with ESCRT-III dysfunction...
- White J, Anderson E, Zimmerman K, Zheng K, Rouhani R, Gunawardena S. Huntingtin differentially regulates the axonal transport of a sub-set of Rab-containing vesicles in vivo. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:7182-95 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for our understanding of the complex role HTT plays within neurons normally, which when disrupted may lead to neuronal death and disease. ..
- Court H, Ahearn I, Amoyel M, Bach E, Philips M. Regulation of NOTCH signaling by RAB7 and RAB8 requires carboxyl methylation by ICMT. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:4165-4182 pubmed publisher..We identified Rab7 and Rab8 as ICMT substrates that when silenced phenocopy ste14 deficiency...
- Holly R, Mavor L, Zuo Z, Blankenship J. A rapid, membrane-dependent pathway directs furrow formation through RalA in the early Drosophila embryo. Development. 2015;142:2316-28 pubmed publisher..b>Rab8 also fails to traffic to the plasma membrane and accumulates aberrantly in the cytoplasm in RalA disrupted embryos...
- Zhu X, Sen J, Stevens L, Goltz J, Stein D. Drosophila pipe protein activity in the ovary and the embryonic salivary gland does not require heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycans. Development. 2005;132:3813-22 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide evidence that Pipe acts as a sulfotransferase, but argue against the hypothesis that the target of Pipe is a heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycan. ..
- Fukuda M. Alternative splicing in the first alpha-helical region of the Rab-binding domain of Rim regulates Rab3A binding activity: is Rim a Rab3 effector protein during evolution?. Genes Cells. 2004;9:831-42 pubmed..Based on these findings, I propose that the Rab3A-effector function of Rim during secretory vesicle exocytosis is limited to the short form of the mammalian Rim RBD alone. ..
- Fukuda M, Kanno E, Yamamoto A. Rabphilin and Noc2 are recruited to dense-core vesicles through specific interaction with Rab27A in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13065-75 pubmed..and Drosophila rabphilin (ce/dm-rabphilin) specifically interact with ce/dm-Rab27, but not with ce/dm-Rab3 or ce/dm-Rab8, suggesting that rabphilin functions as a Rab27 effector across phylogeny...
- Jekely G. Small GTPases and the evolution of the eukaryotic cell. Bioessays. 2003;25:1129-38 pubmed..Based on the reconstruction of putative roles for ancestral small GTPases, a hypothetical scenario on the origins of the first endomembranes, the nucleus, and phagocytosis is presented. ..
- Armstrong J. Membrane traffic between genomes. Genome Biol. 2000;1:REVIEWS104 pubmed..A comparison of these families from the budding yeast, fission yeast, nematode and fruitfly genomes has implications for the organization of membrane traffic in different organisms. ..
- Yashiro H, Loza A, Skeath J, Longmore G. Rho1 regulates adherens junction remodeling by promoting recycling endosome formation through activation of myosin II. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2956-69 pubmed publisher..This work identifies spatially distinct functions for Rho1 in the regulation of DE-cadherin-containing vesicular trafficking during AJ remodeling in live epithelia. ..