Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab5
Alias: AAF51265, BAA88244, CG3664, DRab5, Dm Rab5, DmRab5, Dmel\CG3664, Drab5, RAB5, RAB5a, Rab, Rab-5, dRab5, drab5, l(2)k08232, rab5, Rab5, CG3664-PA, CG3664-PB, CG3664-PC, CG3664-PD, CG3664-PE, CG3664-PF, CG3664-PG, CG3664-PH, CG3664-PI, Rab-protein 5, Rab5-PA, Rab5-PB, Rab5-PC, Rab5-PD, Rab5-PE, Rab5-PF, Rab5-PG, Rab5-PH, Rab5-PI
Species: fruit fly
- Sasaki N, Sasamura T, Ishikawa H, Kanai M, Ueda R, Saigo K, et al. Polarized exocytosis and transcytosis of Notch during its apical localization in Drosophila epithelial cells. Genes Cells. 2007;12:89-103 pubmed..Second, N at the plasma membrane was relocated to the SAC/AJs by Dynamin- and Rab5-dependent transcytosis; this step required the O-fut1 function...
- Woolworth J, Nallamothu G, Hsu T. The Drosophila metastasis suppressor gene Nm23 homolog, awd, regulates epithelial integrity during oogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4679-90 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we demonstrate that the epithelial function of awd is mediated by Rab5 and show that the Rab5 expression level is downregulated in awd mutant cells...
- Marois E, Mahmoud A, Eaton S. The endocytic pathway and formation of the Wingless morphogen gradient. Development. 2006;133:307-17 pubmed..We have utilized short-term expression of dominant negative Rab proteins to examine the polarity of endocytic trafficking of Wingless and its receptors and to determine the ..
- Rives A, Rochlin K, Wehrli M, Schwartz S, Dinardo S. Endocytic trafficking of Wingless and its receptors, Arrow and DFrizzled-2, in the Drosophila wing. Dev Biol. 2006;293:268-83 pubmed..Thus, signal modulation by endocytic routing will depend on the tissue to be patterned and the goals during that patterning event. ..
- Han J, Reddig K, Li H. Prolonged G(q) activity triggers fly rhodopsin endocytosis and degradation, and reduces photoreceptor sensitivity. EMBO J. 2007;26:4966-73 pubmed..Our work has identified an arrestin-independent endocytic pathway of G protein-coupled receptor in the fly. This pathway may also function in mammals and mediate an early feedback regulation of receptor signaling. ..
- Seto E, Bellen H. Internalization is required for proper Wingless signaling in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:95-106 pubmed..In Drosophila melanogaster cells stimulated with Wg media, dynamin or Rab5 knockdown causes reduced Super8XTOPflash activity, suggesting that internalization and endosomal transport ..
- Lu H, Bilder D. Endocytic control of epithelial polarity and proliferation in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1232-9 pubmed..endosomal entry and progression towards lysosomal degradation; these and other avl phenotypes are also detected in Rab5 null mutant cells...
- Wang X, Shaw W, Tsang H, Reid E, O Kane C. Drosophila spichthyin inhibits BMP signaling and regulates synaptic growth and axonal microtubules. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:177-85 pubmed
- Menut L, Vaccari T, Dionne H, Hill J, Wu G, Bilder D. A mosaic genetic screen for Drosophila neoplastic tumor suppressor genes based on defective pupation. Genetics. 2007;177:1667-77 pubmed..The isolation of additional loci that affect hyperplastic as well as neoplastic growth indicates the utility of this screening strategy for studying epithelial growth control. ..
- Homem C, Peifer M. Diaphanous regulates myosin and adherens junctions to control cell contractility and protrusive behavior during morphogenesis. Development. 2008;135:1005-18 pubmed publisher..These effects also are mediated through coordinated effects on myosin activity and adhesion, suggesting a common mechanism for Diaphanous action during morphogenesis. ..
- Giebel B, Wodarz A. Tumor suppressors: control of signaling by endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R91-2 pubmed..These results can be attributed to defective endocytosis of transmembrane proteins that control cell polarity and proliferation, including Crumbs and Notch. ..
- Belenkaya T, Wu Y, Tang X, Zhou B, Cheng L, Sharma Y, et al. The retromer complex influences Wnt secretion by recycling wntless from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Dev Cell. 2008;14:120-31 pubmed..Our findings link Wls and retromer functions in the same conserved Wnt secretion pathway. We propose that retromer influences Wnt secretion by recycling Wntless from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network (TGN). ..
- Sokac A, Wieschaus E. Local actin-dependent endocytosis is zygotically controlled to initiate Drosophila cellularization. Dev Cell. 2008;14:775-86 pubmed publisher..We propose that developmentally regulated endocytosis can coordinate actin/PM remodeling to directly drive furrow dynamics during morphogenesis. ..
- Chan C, Scoggin S, Wang D, Cherry S, Dembo T, Greenberg B, et al. Systematic discovery of Rab GTPases with synaptic functions in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1704-15 pubmed publisherNeurons require highly specialized intracellular membrane trafficking, especially at synapses. Rab GTPases are considered master regulators of membrane trafficking in all cells, and only very few Rabs have known neuron-specific functions...
- Warner S, Longmore G. Distinct functions for Rho1 in maintaining adherens junctions and apical tension in remodeling epithelia. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1111-25 pubmed publisher..In contrast, depletion of Rho1 in single cells decreases apical tension, and Rok and myosin are necessary, while Dia function also contributes, downstream of Rho1 to sustain apical cell tension. ..
- Entchev E, Schwabedissen A, Gonzalez Gaitan M. Gradient formation of the TGF-beta homolog Dpp. Cell. 2000;103:981-91 pubmed
- Hennig K, Colombani J, Neufeld T. TOR coordinates bulk and targeted endocytosis in the Drosophila melanogaster fat body to regulate cell growth. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:963-74 pubmed..Our data indicate that endocytosis acts both as an effector function downstream of TOR and as a physiologically relevant regulator of TOR signaling...
- Roeth J, Sawyer J, Wilner D, Peifer M. Rab11 helps maintain apical crumbs and adherens junctions in the Drosophila embryonic ectoderm. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7634 pubmed publisher..Tissue morphogenesis and organogenesis require that cells retain stable cell-cell adhesion while changing shape and moving. One mechanism to accommodate this plasticity in cell adhesion involves regulated trafficking of junctional proteins...
- Compagnon J, Gervais L, Roman M, Chamot Boeuf S, Guichet A. Interplay between Rab5 and PtdIns(4,5)P2 controls early endocytosis in the Drosophila germline. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:25-35 pubmed publisher..Both Rab5 and phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate [PtdIns(4,5)P(2)] are involved in the early steps of the clathrin-..
- Rusten T, Rodahl L, Pattni K, Englund C, Samakovlis C, Dove S, et al. Fab1 phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase controls trafficking but not silencing of endocytosed receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3989-4001 pubmed..This is consistent with the possibility that Fab1 functions at a late stage in endocytic receptor trafficking, at a point when signal termination has occurred. ..
- Juhasz G, Hill J, Yan Y, Sass M, Baehrecke E, Backer J, et al. The class III PI(3)K Vps34 promotes autophagy and endocytosis but not TOR signaling in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:655-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Vps34 is regulated by TOR-dependent nutrient signals directly at sites of autophagosome formation. ..
- Chang W, Liou W, Pen H, Chou H, Chang Y, Li W, et al. The gradient of Gurken, a long-range morphogen, is directly regulated by Cbl-mediated endocytosis. Development. 2008;135:1923-33 pubmed publisher..The Gurken-Egfr complex trafficks through the Rab5/Rab7 associated endocytic pathway to the lysosomal degradation compartment for signaling termination...
- Mottola G, Classen A, Gonzalez Gaitan M, Eaton S, Zerial M. A novel function for the Rab5 effector Rabenosyn-5 in planar cell polarity. Development. 2010;137:2353-64 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the role of Rabenosyn-5 (Rbsn-5), an evolutionarily conserved effector of the small GTPase Rab5, in the development of Drosophila wing epithelium...
- Pelissier A, Chauvin J, Lecuit T. Trafficking through Rab11 endosomes is required for cellularization during Drosophila embryogenesis. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1848-57 pubmed..Part of the membrane stems from endocytosed apical material. Mutants in the endocytic regulators rab5 and shibire/dynamin inhibit basal-lateral membrane growth, and apical endocytosis is blocked in shibire mutants...
- Morrison H, Dionne H, Rusten T, Brech A, Fisher W, Pfeiffer B, et al. Regulation of early endosomal entry by the Drosophila tumor suppressors Rabenosyn and Vps45. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4167-76 pubmed publisherThe small GTPase Rab5 has emerged as an important regulator of animal development, and it is essential for endocytic trafficking. However, the mechanisms that link Rab5 activation to cargo entry into early endosomes remain unclear...
- Mahr A, Aberle H. The expression pattern of the Drosophila vesicular glutamate transporter: a marker protein for motoneurons and glutamatergic centers in the brain. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:299-309 pubmed..Given that vesicular glutamate transporters are essential for the uptake of the neurotransmitter glutamate into synaptic vesicles these tools provide a means to test gene function in these functionally important neurons. ..
- Classen A, Anderson K, Marois E, Eaton S. Hexagonal packing of Drosophila wing epithelial cells by the planar cell polarity pathway. Dev Cell. 2005;9:805-17 pubmed..We propose that these proteins polarize trafficking of Cadherin-containing exocyst vesicles during junction remodeling. This may be a common mechanism for the action of planar cell polarity proteins in diverse systems. ..
- Polevoy G, Wei H, Wong R, Szentpetery Z, Kim Y, Goldbach P, et al. Dual roles for the Drosophila PI 4-kinase four wheel drive in localizing Rab11 during cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:847-58 pubmed publisher..Moreover, activated Rab11 partially suppresses loss of fwd. Our data suggest Fwd plays catalytic and noncatalytic roles in regulating Rab11 during cytokinesis...
- Moreno E, Basler K. dMyc transforms cells into super-competitors. Cell. 2004;117:117-29 pubmed..Hence the heritable increase in dMyc levels causes cells to behave as "super-competitors" and reveals a novel mode of clonal expansion that causes, but also relies on, the killing of surrounding cells. ..
- Purvanov V, Koval A, Katanaev V. A direct and functional interaction between Go and Rab5 during G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Sci Signal. 2010;3:ra65 pubmed publisherb>Rab5 is a small guanosine triphosphatase (GTPase) that regulates the early stages of endocytosis and is conserved in eukaryotes. Rab5 regulates the internalization of receptors and other membrane-associated signaling proteins...
- Cuttell L, Vaughan A, Silva E, Escaron C, Lavine M, Van Goethem E, et al. Undertaker, a Drosophila Junctophilin, links Draper-mediated phagocytosis and calcium homeostasis. Cell. 2008;135:524-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results implicate a Junctophilin in phagocytosis and link Draper-mediated phagocytosis to Ca2+ homeostasis, highlighting a previously uncharacterized role for the CED1/6/7 pathway. ..
- Dyer N, Rebollo E, Dominguez P, Elkhatib N, Chavrier P, Daviet L, et al. Spermatocyte cytokinesis requires rapid membrane addition mediated by ARF6 on central spindle recycling endosomes. Development. 2007;134:4437-47 pubmed..We propose that ARF6 promotes rapid recycling of endosomal membrane stores during cytokinesis, which is critical for rapid cleavage furrow ingression. ..
- Sweeney N, Brenman J, Jan Y, Gao F. The coiled-coil protein shrub controls neuronal morphogenesis in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1006-11 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that the novel coiled-coil protein Shrub functions in the endosomal pathway and plays an essential role in neuronal morphogenesis. ..
- Commisso C, Boulianne G. The NHR1 domain of Neuralized binds Delta and mediates Delta trafficking and Notch signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1-13 pubmed..Altogether, our data demonstrate that NHR domains can function in facilitating protein-protein interactions and in the case of Neuralized, mediate binding to its ubiquitination target, Delta. ..
- Jafar Nejad H, Andrews H, Acar M, Bayat V, Wirtz Peitz F, Mehta S, et al. Sec15, a component of the exocyst, promotes notch signaling during the asymmetric division of Drosophila sensory organ precursors. Dev Cell. 2005;9:351-63 pubmed..Our data indicate that Sec15 mediates a specific vesicle trafficking event to ensure proper neuronal fate specification in Drosophila...
- Xiong B, Bayat V, Jaiswal M, Zhang K, Sandoval H, Charng W, et al. Crag is a GEF for Rab11 required for rhodopsin trafficking and maintenance of adult photoreceptor cells. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001438 pubmed publisher..We propose that upon light stimulation, Crag is required for trafficking of Rh from the trans-Golgi network to rhabdomere membranes via a Rab11-dependent vesicular transport. ..
- Lecuit T. Junctions and vesicular trafficking during Drosophila cellularization. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3427-33 pubmed..The novel proteins Nullo and Slam, which are specifically induced during cellularization, represent developmental regulators of membrane growth during cellularization. ..
- Ramel D, Wang X, Laflamme C, Montell D, Emery G. Rab11 regulates cell-cell communication during collective cell movements. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:317-24 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the small GTPases Rab5 and Rab11 regulate Rac activity and polarization during collective cell migration...
- Blankenship J, Fuller M, Zallen J. The Drosophila homolog of the Exo84 exocyst subunit promotes apical epithelial identity. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3099-110 pubmed..These results suggest that epithelial polarity in the Drosophila embryo is actively maintained by exocyst-dependent apical localization of the Crumbs transmembrane protein. ..
- Vidal O, Stec W, Bausek N, Smythe E, Zeidler M. Negative regulation of Drosophila JAK-STAT signalling by endocytic trafficking. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3457-66 pubmed publisher..As such, disruption in endocytic trafficking represents a potent negative regulator of the disease relevant JAK-STAT signalling cascade. ..
- Acharya J, Dasgupta U, Rawat S, Yuan C, Sanxaridis P, Yonamine I, et al. Cell-nonautonomous function of ceramidase in photoreceptor homeostasis. Neuron. 2008;57:69-79 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results show that secreted ceramidase is internalized and localizes to endosomes. Our findings establish a role for a secreted sphingolipid enzyme in the regulation of photoreceptor structure and function. ..
- Harris K, Tepass U. Cdc42 and Par proteins stabilize dynamic adherens junctions in the Drosophila neuroectoderm through regulation of apical endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:1129-43 pubmed publisher..This study reveals functional interactions between apical polarity proteins and endocytosis that are critical for stabilizing dynamic basolateral AJs. ..
- Schober M, Rebay I, Perrimon N. Function of the ETS transcription factor Yan in border cell migration. Development. 2005;132:3493-504 pubmed..Our results suggest that Yan acts as a pivotal link between signal transduction, cell adhesion and invasive cell migration in Drosophila border cells. ..
- Schneider M, Troost T, Grawe F, Martinez Arias A, Klein T. Activation of Notch in lgd mutant cells requires the fusion of late endosomes with the lysosome. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:645-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, electron microscopy of lgd cells revealed that they contain enlarged multi-vesicular bodies. The presented results further elucidate the mechanism of uncontrolled Notch activation upon derailed endocytosis...
- Philips J, Rubin E, Perrimon N. Drosophila RNAi screen reveals CD36 family member required for mycobacterial infection. Science. 2005;309:1251-3 pubmed..fortuitum, which suggests a conserved role for class B SRs in pattern recognition and innate immunity...
- Khaliullina H, Panàkovà D, Eugster C, Riedel F, Carvalho M, Eaton S. Patched regulates Smoothened trafficking using lipoprotein-derived lipids. Development. 2009;136:4111-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ptc normally regulates Smo degradation by changing the lipid composition of endosomes through which Smo passes, and that the presence of Hh on lipoproteins inhibits utilization of their lipids by Ptc. ..
- Tjota M, Lee S, Wu J, Williams J, Khanna M, Thomas G. Annexin B9 binds to ?(H)-spectrin and is required for multivesicular body function in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2914-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AnxB9 and ?(H) are intimately involved in endosomal trafficking to the MVB and play a role in maintaining high-fidelity segregation of the apical and lateral domains. ..
- Igaki T, Pastor Pareja J, Aonuma H, Miura M, Xu T. Intrinsic tumor suppression and epithelial maintenance by endocytic activation of Eiger/TNF signaling in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2009;16:458-65 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that TNF signaling and the endocytic machinery could be components of an evolutionarily conserved fail-safe mechanism by which animals protect against neoplastic development. ..
- Shimizu H, Kawamura S, Ozaki K. An essential role of Rab5 in uniformity of synaptic vesicle size. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3583-90 pubmedb>Rab5 small GTPase is a famous regulator of endocytic vesicular transport from plasma membrane to early endosomes. In neurons, Rab5 is found not only on endocytic vesicles in cell bodies but also on synaptic vesicles in nerve terminals...
- Zhao Y, Tong C, Jiang J. Hedgehog regulates smoothened activity by inducing a conformational switch. Nature. 2007;450:252-8 pubmed..Hence, by employing multiple Arg clusters as inhibitory elements counteracted by differential phosphorylation, SMO acts as a rheostat to translate graded HH signals into distinct responses. ..
- Soukup S, Culi J, Gubb D. Uptake of the necrotic serpin in Drosophila melanogaster via the lipophorin receptor-1. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000532 pubmed publisher..Co-localisation of anti-Nec with anti-AP50, Rab5, and Rab7 antibodies establishes that the serpin is processed through multi-vesicular bodies and delivered to the ..
- Bökel C, Schwabedissen A, Entchev E, Renaud O, Gonzalez Gaitan M. Sara endosomes and the maintenance of Dpp signaling levels across mitosis. Science. 2006;314:1135-9 pubmed..Daughter cells thereby inherited equal amounts of signaling molecules and thus retained the Dpp signaling levels of the mother cell. ..
- Strickland L, Burgess D. Pathways for membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Trends Cell Biol. 2004;14:115-8 pubmed..Furthermore, new work reveals that vesicles derived from the Rab11 recycling endosome (RE) promote actin remodeling at the furrow. ..
- Devergne O, Ghiglione C, Noselli S. The endocytic control of JAK/STAT signalling in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3457-64 pubmed..blocking trafficking in distinct endosomal compartments using mutants affecting either Clathrin heavy chain, rab5, Hrs or deep orange led to an inhibition of the JAK/STAT pathway, whereas this pathway was unchanged when rab11 was ..
- Williamson W, Wang D, Haberman A, Hiesinger P. A dual function of V0-ATPase a1 provides an endolysosomal degradation mechanism in Drosophila melanogaster photoreceptors. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:885-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that V100 exerts a temporally integrated dual function that increases neuronal degradative capacity. ..
- Tsruya R, Wojtalla A, Carmon S, Yogev S, Reich A, Bibi E, et al. Rhomboid cleaves Star to regulate the levels of secreted Spitz. EMBO J. 2007;26:1211-20 pubmed..Cleavage of Star restricts the amount of Spi that is trafficked, and may explain the exceptional dosage sensitivity of the Star locus in flies. ..
- Peltan A, Briggs L, Matthews G, Sweeney S, Smith D. Identification of Drosophila gene products required for phagocytosis of Leishmania donovani. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51831 pubmed publisher..Focussing on genes in the latter class, RNAi-mediated knockdown of the small GTPase Rab5, the prenylated SNARE protein YKT6, one sub-unit of serine palmitoyltransferase (spt2/lace), the Rac1-associated ..
- Xia R, Jia H, Fan J, Liu Y, Jia J. USP8 promotes smoothened signaling by preventing its ubiquitination and changing its subcellular localization. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001238 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify USP8 as a positive regulator in Hh signaling by down-regulating Smo ubiquitination and thereby mediating Smo intracellular trafficking. ..
- Windler S, Bilder D. Endocytic internalization routes required for delta/notch signaling. Curr Biol. 2010;20:538-43 pubmed publisher..The absolute requirement for dynamin-dependent endocytosis but not endosomal entry or Rab11 activity supports "pulling force" rather than "recycling" models for Delta activation. ..
- Haberman A, Williamson W, Epstein D, Wang D, Rina S, Meinertzhagen I, et al. The synaptic vesicle SNARE neuronal Synaptobrevin promotes endolysosomal degradation and prevents neurodegeneration. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:261-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings further shed light on which intraneuronal compartments exhibit increased or decreased neurotoxicity. ..
- Chou Y, Chien C. Scabrous controls ommatidial rotation in the Drosophila compound eye. Dev Cell. 2002;3:839-50 pubmed..We propose that the morphogenetic furrow regulates precise ommatidial rotation by transporting Scabrous and perhaps other factors through actin-based cellular extensions. ..
- Power D, Srinivasan S, Gunawardena S. In-vivo evidence for the disruption of Rab11 vesicle transport by loss of huntingtin. Neuroreport. 2012;23:970-7 pubmed publisher..As an interaction between HTT and Rab5 was previously shown to mediate transport on actin filaments, here we tested the hypothesis that a HTT-Rab5 complex ..
- Leibfried A, Fricke R, Morgan M, Bogdan S, Bellaiche Y. Drosophila Cip4 and WASp define a branch of the Cdc42-Par6-aPKC pathway regulating E-cadherin endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1639-48 pubmed publisher..Altogether our results show that Cdc42 functions with Par6 and aPKC to regulate E-Cad endocytosis and define Cip4 and WASp as regulators of the early E-Cad endocytic events in epithelial tissue. ..
- Pinal N, Pichaud F. Dynamin- and Rab5-dependent endocytosis is required to prevent Drosophila photoreceptor degeneration. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1564-70 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that interfering with Dynamin- and Rab5-dependent endocytosis leads to a phenotype that is undistinguishable from that of the ninaE-null mutant...
- Velichkova M, Juan J, Kadandale P, Jean S, Ribeiro I, Raman V, et al. Drosophila Mtm and class II PI3K coregulate a PI(3)P pool with cortical and endolysosomal functions. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:407-25 pubmed publisher..The broad interactions between mtm and class II Pi3K68D suggest a novel strategy for rebalancing PI(3)P-mediated cell functions in MTM-related human disease. ..
- Wingen C, Stümpges B, Hoch M, Behr M. Expression and localization of clathrin heavy chain in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:549-54 pubmed publisher..Together, the antibody may serve as a new tool to study the function of Chc in clathrin-dependent cellular processes, such as endocytosis. ..
- Tanaka T, Nakamura A. The endocytic pathway acts downstream of Oskar in Drosophila germ plasm assembly. Development. 2008;135:1107-17 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Rabenosyn-5 (Rbsn-5), a Rab5 effector protein required for the early endocytic pathway, is crucial for pole plasm assembly...
- Cherry S, Kunte A, Wang H, Coyne C, Rawson R, Perrimon N. COPI activity coupled with fatty acid biosynthesis is required for viral replication. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e102 pubmed..Additionally, because these pathways are also limiting in flies and in human cells infected with the related RNA virus poliovirus, they may represent novel targets for antiviral therapies. ..
- Langevin J, Morgan M, Sibarita J, Aresta S, Murthy M, Schwarz T, et al. Drosophila exocyst components Sec5, Sec6, and Sec15 regulate DE-Cadherin trafficking from recycling endosomes to the plasma membrane. Dev Cell. 2005;9:365-76 pubmed..Our results support a model whereby the exocyst regulates DE-Cadherin trafficking, from recycling endosomes to sites on the epithelial cell membrane where Armadillo is located. ..
- Mateus A, Gorfinkiel N, Schamberg S, Martinez Arias A. Endocytic and recycling endosomes modulate cell shape changes and tissue behaviour during morphogenesis in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18729 pubmed publisher..We used dominant negative forms of Rab5 and Rab11 to monitor the impact on tissue morphogenesis of altering endocytosis and recycling at the level of ..
- Shaye D, Casanova J, Llimargas M. Modulation of intracellular trafficking regulates cell intercalation in the Drosophila trachea. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:964-70 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests a mechanism by which trafficking of adhesion molecules regulates intercalation, and shows how this mechanism can be modulated in vivo to influence cell behaviour. ..
- Albertson R, Cao J, Hsieh T, Sullivan W. Vesicles and actin are targeted to the cleavage furrow via furrow microtubules and the central spindle. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:777-90 pubmed publisher..Transport of F-actin-associated vesicles on furrow MTs and the central spindle is thus an important mechanism by which actin and membrane are delivered to the cleavage furrow. ..
- Abdallah A, Zhou X, Kim C, Shah K, Hogden C, Schoenherr J, et al. Activated Cdc42 kinase regulates Dock localization in male germ cells during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;378:141-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that Ack-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation recruits Dock to promote sperm differentiation. ..
- Satoh D, Sato D, Tsuyama T, Saito M, Ohkura H, Rolls M, et al. Spatial control of branching within dendritic arbors by dynein-dependent transport of Rab5-endosomes. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1164-71 pubmed publisher..This phenotype was suppressed when dominant-negative Rab5 was expressed in the mutant neurons, which deposited early endosomes in the cell body...