Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab3
Alias: AAF58762, CG7576, DRAB3, DRab3, DmRab3, Dmel\CG7576, Drab3, P25228, Rab3A, dm-Rab3, drab3, rab3, Rab3, CG7576-PA, Rab-protein 3, Rab3-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Tchurikov N, Krasnov A, Ponomarenko N, Golova Y, Chernov B. Forum domain in Drosophila melanogaster cut locus possesses looped domains inside. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3221-7 pubmed
- Nechipurenko I, Broihier H. FoxO limits microtubule stability and is itself negatively regulated by microtubule disruption. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:345-62 pubmed publisher..We present a model wherein FoxO degradation is a component of a stabilizing, protective response to cytoskeletal insult. ..
- Chae J, Kim M, Goo J, Collier S, Gubb D, Charlton J, et al. The Drosophila tissue polarity gene starry night encodes a member of the protocadherin family. Development. 1999;126:5421-9 pubmed..This suggests that Stan functions in signal reception, perhaps together with Fz. ..
- Fabian Fine R, Verstreken P, Hiesinger P, Horne J, Kostyleva R, Zhou Y, et al. Endophilin promotes a late step in endocytosis at glial invaginations in Drosophila photoreceptor terminals. J Neurosci. 2003;23:10732-44 pubmed..Using dynamin;endo double-mutant photoreceptors, we provide further evidence that ultimately the function of Endophilin is required late in endocytosis, allowing vesicles to progress through the synaptic vesicle cycle. ..
- Chen S, Gendelman H, Roche J, Alsharif P, Graf E. Mutational Analysis of Rab3 Function for Controlling Active Zone Protein Composition at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136938 pubmed publisher..The small GTPase Rab3 was previously identified as playing a novel role that controls the distribution of active zone proteins to ..
- Chan C, Scoggin S, Wang D, Cherry S, Dembo T, Greenberg B, et al. Systematic discovery of Rab GTPases with synaptic functions in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1704-15 pubmed publisher..The tools presented here allow systematic functional studies of these Rabs and provide a method that is applicable to any large gene family in Drosophila. ..
- Satoh A, Tokunaga F, Ozaki K. Rab proteins of Drosophila melanogaster: novel members of the Rab-protein family. FEBS Lett. 1997;404:65-9 pubmed..In addition, DRabRP4 has strong GTP-binding activity, when synthesized in E. coli cells. These results indicate that DRabRPs are novel members of the Rab-protein family. Molecular phylogenetic analysis also supported this conclusion. ..
- Parfitt K, Reist N, Li J, Burgess R, Deitcher D, DiAntonio A, et al. Drosophila genetics and the functions of synaptic proteins. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1995;60:371-7 pubmed
- Kroll J, Wong K, Siddiqui F, Tanouye M. Disruption of Endocytosis with the Dynamin Mutant shibirets1 Suppresses Seizures in Drosophila. Genetics. 2015;201:1087-102 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results implicate mutant dynamin as an effective seizure suppressor, suggesting that targeting or limiting the availability of synaptic vesicles could be an effective and general method of controlling epilepsy disorders. ..
- Thomas C, Rousset R, Noselli S. JNK signalling influences intracellular trafficking during Drosophila morphogenesis through regulation of the novel target gene Rab30. Dev Biol. 2009;331:250-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that JNK activity upregulates genes involved in intracellular transport in order to provide an increased level of trafficking activity in cells undergoing complex morphogenetic arrangements such as dorsal closure. ..
- Wu S, Mehta S, Pichaud F, Bellen H, Quiocho F. Sec15 interacts with Rab11 via a novel domain and affects Rab11 localization in vivo. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:879-85 pubmed..We show that the C subdomain, mainly via a single helix, is sufficient for Rab binding. ..
- Sheleshko P. [A method of creating the esophago-small-intestinal anastomosis in gastrectomy]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1990;144:131-3 pubmed..The patients operated upon had no complications associated with incompetence of the esophago-intestinal anastomosis. ..
- Nijhof B, Castells Nobau A, Wolf L, Scheffer de Gooyert J, Monedero I, Torroja L, et al. A New Fiji-Based Algorithm That Systematically Quantifies Nine Synaptic Parameters Provides Insights into Drosophila NMJ Morphometry. PLoS Comput Biol. 2016;12:e1004823 pubmed publisher..Our study sets the stage for systems morphometry approaches at the well-studied Drosophila NMJ. ..
- Muller M, Pym E, Tong A, Davis G. Rab3-GAP controls the progression of synaptic homeostasis at a late stage of vesicle release. Neuron. 2011;69:749-62 pubmed publisher..This screen identified a mutation in the rab3-GAP gene. We show that Rab3-GAP is necessary for the induction and expression of synaptic homeostasis...
- Fukuda M, Kanno E, Yamamoto A. Rabphilin and Noc2 are recruited to dense-core vesicles through specific interaction with Rab27A in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13065-75 pubmedRabphilin and Noc2 were originally described as Rab3A effector proteins involved in the regulation of secretory vesicle exocytosis, however, recently both proteins have been shown to bind Rab27A in vitro in preference to Rab3A (Fukuda, M...
- Paumard Rigal S, Zider A, Vaudin P, Silber J. Specific interactions between vestigial and scalloped are required to promote wing tissue proliferation in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genes Evol. 1998;208:440-6 pubmed..Our results therefore support the hypothesis that Sd and Vg directly interact in vivo to form a complex regulating the proliferation of wing tissue. ..
- Peled E, Newman Z, Isacoff E. Evoked and spontaneous transmission favored by distinct sets of synapses. Curr Biol. 2014;24:484-93 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the existence of presynaptic mechanisms that promote synaptic specialization to either evoked or spontaneous transmission. ..
- Ehmann N, van de Linde S, Alon A, Ljaschenko D, Keung X, Holm T, et al. Quantitative super-resolution imaging of Bruchpilot distinguishes active zone states. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4650 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the precise nanoscopic organization of Brp distinguishes different physiological AZ states and link functional diversification to a heretofore unrecognized neuronal gradient of the CAZ ultrastructure...
- Bae H, Chen S, Roche J, Ai M, Wu C, DiAntonio A, et al. Rab3-GEF Controls Active Zone Development at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..At the Drosophila neuromuscular junction (NMJ), the small GTPase Rab3 controls the distribution of CAZ proteins across release sites, thereby regulating the efficacy of individual AZs...
- Mauvezin C, Neisch A, Ayala C, Kim J, Beltrame A, Braden C, et al. Coordination of autophagosome-lysosome fusion and transport by a Klp98A-Rab14 complex in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:971-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, Klp98A coordinates the movement and fusion of autophagic vesicles by regulating their positioning and interaction with the endolysosomal compartment. ..
- Paul M, Pauli M, Ehmann N, Hallermann S, Sauer M, Kittel R, et al. Bruchpilot and Synaptotagmin collaborate to drive rapid glutamate release and active zone differentiation. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:29 pubmed publisher..at brp(69) AZs, we performed knock-down of Synaptotagmin-1 (Syt) via RNAi (syt(KD) ) in wildtype (wt), brp(69) and rab3 null mutants (rab3(rup) ), where Brp is concentrated at a small number of AZs...
- Cavanaugh D, Geratowski J, Wooltorton J, Spaethling J, Hector C, Zheng X, et al. Identification of a circadian output circuit for rest:activity rhythms in Drosophila. Cell. 2014;157:689-701 pubmed publisher..Notably, selective activation or ablation of just six DH44+ PI cells causes arrhythmicity. These findings delineate a circuit through which clock cells can modulate locomotor rhythms. ..
- Fukuda M. Alternative splicing in the first alpha-helical region of the Rab-binding domain of Rim regulates Rab3A binding activity: is Rim a Rab3 effector protein during evolution?. Genes Cells. 2004;9:831-42 pubmedRim1 and Rim2 were originally described as specific Rab3A-effector proteins involved in the regulation of secretory vesicle exocytosis...
- Littleton J, Chapman E, Kreber R, Garment M, Carlson S, Ganetzky B. Temperature-sensitive paralytic mutations demonstrate that synaptic exocytosis requires SNARE complex assembly and disassembly. Neuron. 1998;21:401-13 pubmed..These results provide in vivo evidence that cycles of assembly and disassembly of SNARE complexes drive membrane trafficking at synapses. ..
- Lardong J, Driller J, Depner H, Weise C, Petzoldt A, Wahl M, et al. Structures of Drosophila melanogaster Rab2 and Rab3 bound to GMPPNP. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2015;71:34-40 pubmed publisher..This study focuses on Rab2 and Rab3 from Drosophila melanogaster...
- Graf E, Valakh V, Wright C, Wu C, Liu Z, Zhang Y, et al. RIM promotes calcium channel accumulation at active zones of the Drosophila neuromuscular junction. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16586-96 pubmed publisher..Here we identify Drosophila RIM (Rab3 interacting molecule) and demonstrate that it localizes to active zones at the larval neuromuscular junction...
- White J, Anderson E, Zimmerman K, Zheng K, Rouhani R, Gunawardena S. Huntingtin differentially regulates the axonal transport of a sub-set of Rab-containing vesicles in vivo. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:7182-95 pubmed publisher..While reduction of HTT perturbed the bi-directional motility of Rab3 and Rab19-containing vesicles, only the retrograde motility of Rab7-containing vesicles was disrupted with ..
- Shimizu H, Kawamura S, Ozaki K. An essential role of Rab5 in uniformity of synaptic vesicle size. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3583-90 pubmed..Furthermore, we electrophysiologically and behaviourally showed that the function of Rab5 is essential for efficient signal transmission across synapses. ..