Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab1
Alias: AAF55873, CG3320, DRAB1, DRab1, Dm Rab1, DmRab1, Dmel\CG3320, O18332, RAB1a, Rab1a, dRab1, dar6, drab1, rab1, Rab1, CG3320-PA, Rab-protein 1, Rab1-PA, dendritic arbor reduction 6
Species: fruit fly
- Charng W, Yamamoto S, Jaiswal M, Bayat V, Xiong B, Zhang K, et al. Drosophila Tempura, a novel protein prenyltransferase ? subunit, regulates notch signaling via Rab1 and Rab11. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001777 pubmed publisher..We show that Tempura forms a heretofore uncharacterized RabGGT complex that geranylgeranylates Rab1 and Rab11. This geranylgeranylation is required for their proper subcellular localization...
- Pelissier A, Chauvin J, Lecuit T. Trafficking through Rab11 endosomes is required for cellularization during Drosophila embryogenesis. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1848-57 pubmed..This pathway may be required in other morphogenetic processes characterized by the growth of a membrane domain. ..
- Asensio C, Sirkis D, Edwards R. RNAi screen identifies a role for adaptor protein AP-3 in sorting to the regulated secretory pathway. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1173-87 pubmed publisher..Although vesicles with a dense core still form in the absence of AP-3, they contain substantially less synaptotagmin 1, indicating that AP-3 concentrates the proteins required for regulated exocytosis. ..
- Fan J, Jiang K, Liu Y, Jia J. Hrs promotes ubiquitination and mediates endosomal trafficking of smoothened in Drosophila hedgehog signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79021 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that Hrs mediates Smo trafficking in the late endosome by not only promoting Smo ubiquitination but also blocking Smo phosphorylation. ..
- Hilger M, Bonaldi T, Gnad F, Mann M. Systems-wide analysis of a phosphatase knock-down by quantitative proteomics and phosphoproteomics. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1908-20 pubmed publisher..Our analysis highlights a connection of Ptp61F to cytoskeletal regulation through GTPase regulating proteins and focal adhesion components. ..
- Nairz K, Stocker H, Schindelholz B, Hafen E. High-resolution SNP mapping by denaturing HPLC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10575-80 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that recombination events are not uniformly dispersed over the investigated region but rather occur at hot spots. ..
- Riedel F, Galindo A, Muschalik N, Munro S. The two TRAPP complexes of metazoans have distinct roles and act on different Rab GTPases. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:601-617 pubmed publisher..TRAPPs were initially found to act on Ypt1, the yeast orthologue of Rab1, but recent studies have found that yeast TRAPPII can also activate the Rab11 orthologues Ypt31/32...
- Wang C, Yoo Y, Fan H, Kim E, Guan K, Guan J. Regulation of Integrin ? 1 recycling to lipid rafts by Rab1a to promote cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29398-405 pubmed publisherb>Rab1a is a member of the Rab family of small GTPases with a well characterized function in the regulation of vesicle trafficking from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus and within Golgi compartments...
- Cao J, Ni J, Ma W, Shiu V, Milla L, Park S, et al. Insight into insulin secretion from transcriptome and genetic analysis of insulin-producing cells of Drosophila. Genetics. 2014;197:175-92 pubmed publisher..b>Rab1 was identified as crucial for ILP trafficking in IPCs...
- Rincon Limas D, Jensen K, Fernandez Funez P. Drosophila models of proteinopathies: the little fly that could. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:1108-22 pubmed..To remain relevant in this competitive environment, Drosophila models will need to expand their flexible, innovative, and multidisciplinary approaches to find new discoveries and translational applications. ..
- Garg A, Wu L. Drosophila Rab14 mediates phagocytosis in the immune response to Staphylococcus aureus. Cell Microbiol. 2014;16:296-310 pubmed publisher..Rab14 mutant haemocytes show impaired recruitment of Rab7 and of a lysosomal marker onto S.?aureus phagosomes. The defect in phagocytosis is associated with higher bacterial load and increased susceptibility to S.?aureus in the animal. ..
- Oberegelsbacher C, Schneidler C, Voolstra O, Cerny A, Huber A. The Drosophila TRPL ion channel shares a Rab-dependent translocation pathway with rhodopsin. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:620-30 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into stimulus-dependent internalization of a prominent member of the TRP superfamily. ..
- Oswald M, West R, Lloyd Evans E, Sweeney S. Identification of dietary alanine toxicity and trafficking dysfunction in a Drosophila model of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6899-909 pubmed publisher..could rescue sensory function in neurons expressing mutant dSpt1 by co-expressing an effector of ER-Golgi function, Rab1 suggesting compromised ER function in HSAN1 affected dendritic neurons...
- Dunne J, Kondylis V, Rabouille C. Ecdysone triggers the expression of Golgi genes in Drosophila imaginal discs via broad-complex. Dev Biol. 2002;245:172-86 pubmed..triggers the upregulation of a subset of genes encoding Golgi-related proteins (such as dnsf1, dsec23, dsed5, and drab1) and downregulates the expression of others (such as dergic53, dbeta'COP, and drab6)...
- MacLeod D, Rhinn H, Kuwahara T, Zolin A, Di Paolo G, McCabe B, et al. RAB7L1 interacts with LRRK2 to modify intraneuronal protein sorting and Parkinson's disease risk. Neuron. 2013;77:425-39 pubmed publisher..Expression of wild-type VPS35, but not a familial PD-associated mutant form, rescued these defects. Taken together, these studies implicate retromer and lysosomal pathway alterations in PD risk. ..
- Lecuit T, Pilot F. Developmental control of cell morphogenesis: a focus on membrane growth. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:103-8 pubmed..We suggest that tubulogenesis, tissue spreading and cell intercalation stem mostly from a remarkably small number of cell intrinsic surface remodelling events that confer on cells different modes of migratory behaviours. ..
- Thomas C, Rousset R, Noselli S. JNK signalling influences intracellular trafficking during Drosophila morphogenesis through regulation of the novel target gene Rab30. Dev Biol. 2009;331:250-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that JNK activity upregulates genes involved in intracellular transport in order to provide an increased level of trafficking activity in cells undergoing complex morphogenetic arrangements such as dorsal closure. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Z, Robinson G, Palli S. Identification and characterization of a juvenile hormone response element and its binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37605-17 pubmed
- Jekely G. Small GTPases and the evolution of the eukaryotic cell. Bioessays. 2003;25:1129-38 pubmed..Based on the reconstruction of putative roles for ancestral small GTPases, a hypothetical scenario on the origins of the first endomembranes, the nucleus, and phagocytosis is presented. ..
- Zang Y, Wan M, Liu M, Ke H, Ma S, Liu L, et al. Plasma membrane overgrowth causes fibrotic collagen accumulation and immune activation in Drosophila adipocytes. elife. 2015;4:e07187 pubmed publisher..Our work indicates that traffic imbalances and PM topology may contribute to fibrosis. It also places fibrotic deposits both downstream and upstream of immune signaling, consistent with the chronic character of fibrotic diseases. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Fraschini R, Capalbo L, Gottardo M, Belloni G, et al. Rab1 interacts with GOLPH3 and controls Golgi structure and contractile ring constriction during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Open Biol. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Here we provide evidence for the requirement of Rab1 during cleavage furrow ingression in cytokinesis...
- Satoh A, Tokunaga F, Ozaki K. Rab proteins of Drosophila melanogaster: novel members of the Rab-protein family. FEBS Lett. 1997;404:65-9 pubmed..In addition, DRabRP4 has strong GTP-binding activity, when synthesized in E. coli cells. These results indicate that DRabRPs are novel members of the Rab-protein family. Molecular phylogenetic analysis also supported this conclusion. ..