Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pyx
Alias: CG17142, CT33412, Dmel\CG17142, Pyx, dTRPA2, trpA2, pyrexia, CG17142-PA, CG17142-PB, pyx-PA, pyx-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Kwon Y, Shen W, Shim H, Montell C. Fine thermotactic discrimination between the optimal and slightly cooler temperatures via a TRPV channel in chordotonal neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10465-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the decision to select the preferred over slightly cooler temperatures requires iav and is achieved by activating chordotonal neurons, which in turn induces repulsive behaviors, due to an increase in high angle turns. ..
- Roos J, DiGregorio P, Yeromin A, Ohlsen K, Lioudyno M, Zhang S, et al. STIM1, an essential and conserved component of store-operated Ca2+ channel function. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:435-45 pubmed..We propose that STIM1, a ubiquitously expressed protein that is conserved from Drosophila to mammalian cells, plays an essential role in SOC influx and may be a common component of SOC and CRAC channels. ..
- Wolfgang W, Simoni A, Gentile C, Stanewsky R. The Pyrexia transient receptor potential channel mediates circadian clock synchronization to low temperature cycles in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Biol Sci. 2013;280:20130959 pubmed publisher..Transient receptor potential (TRP) channels function as thermo-receptors in animals, and here we show that the Pyrexia (Pyx) TRP channel mediates temperature synchronization in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Lee H, Ragusano L, Martinez A, Gill J, Dimova D. A dual role for the dREAM/MMB complex in the regulation of differentiation-specific E2F/RB target genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2110-20 pubmed publisher..First, it is required for the stability of the repressive dE2F2/RBF complexes at their promoters during S phase. Second, we find that dREAM is indispensable for both transcriptional repression mechanisms employed at these genes. ..
- Tang X, Platt M, Lagnese C, Leslie J, Hamada F. Temperature integration at the AC thermosensory neurons in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2013;33:894-901 pubmed publisher..Here, we show novel temperature integration between two warm inputs via Drosophila TRPA channels, TRPA1 and Pyrexia (Pyx)...
- Fowler M, Montell C. Drosophila TRP channels and animal behavior. Life Sci. 2013;92:394-403 pubmed publisher..quot; Drosophila TRPs also function in the sensation of botanically derived insect repellents, and related TRPs in insect pests are potential targets for the development of improved repellents to combat insect-borne diseases. ..
- Jeong D, Artan M, Seo K, Lee S. Regulation of lifespan by chemosensory and thermosensory systems: findings in invertebrates and their implications in mammalian aging. Front Genet. 2012;3:218 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe findings regarding how sensory nervous system components elicit physiological changes to regulate lifespan in invertebrate models, and discuss their implications in mammalian aging. ..
- Bae J, Bang S, Min S, Lee S, Kwon S, Lee Y, et al. Positive geotactic behaviors induced by geomagnetic field in Drosophila. Mol Brain. 2016;9:55 pubmed publisher..This GMF-induced positive geotaxis requires the three geotaxis genes, such as cry, pyx and pdf, and the corresponding neurons residing in Johnston's organ of the fly's antennae...
- Green E, O Callaghan E, Hansen C, Bastianello S, Bhutani S, Vanin S, et al. Drosophila circadian rhythms in seminatural environments: Summer afternoon component is not an artifact and requires TrpA1 channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:8702-7 pubmed publisher..Studies of circadian rhythms under seminatural conditions therefore provide additional insights into the molecular basis of circadian entrainment that would otherwise be lost under the usual standard laboratory protocols. ..
- Zhang Y, Raghuwanshi R, Shen W, Montell C. Food experience-induced taste desensitization modulated by the Drosophila TRPL channel. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1468-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that dynamic regulation of taste receptors by ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation comprises an important molecular mechanism that allows an animal to alter its taste behavior in response to a changing food environment. ..
- Neely G, Keene A, Duchek P, Chang E, Wang Q, Aksoy Y, et al. TrpA1 regulates thermal nociception in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24343 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our analysis identifies the channel TRPA1 as a conserved regulator of nociception. ..
- Montell C. Drosophila TRP channels. Pflugers Arch. 2005;451:19-28 pubmed..As a result, the repertoire of biological roles attributed to Drosophila TRPs has increased considerably and is likely to lead to many additional surprises over the next few years. ..
- Chen Z, Wang Q, Wang Z. The amiloride-sensitive epithelial Na+ channel PPK28 is essential for drosophila gustatory water reception. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6247-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, the amiloride-sensitive PPK28 channel may serve as the osmolarity sensor for gustatory water reception in the fruit fly. ..
- Rosenzweig M, Kang K, Garrity P. Distinct TRP channels are required for warm and cool avoidance in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14668-73 pubmed publisher..Conversely, dTRPA1 is essential for warm avoidance, but not cool avoidance. Taken together, these data demonstrate that warm and cool avoidance in the Drosophila larva involves distinct TRP channels and circuits. ..
- Galili D, Dylla K, Lüdke A, Friedrich A, Yamagata N, Wong J, et al. Converging circuits mediate temperature and shock aversive olfactory conditioning in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1712-22 pubmed publisher..Temperature conditioning appears to require a subset of the dopamine neurons required for electric shock conditioning. We conclude that dopamine neurons integrate different noxious signals into a general aversive reinforcement pathway. ..
- Korenjak M, Taylor Harding B, Binné U, Satterlee J, Stevaux O, Aasland R, et al. Native E2F/RBF complexes contain Myb-interacting proteins and repress transcription of developmentally controlled E2F target genes. Cell. 2004;119:181-93 pubmed..These results reveal an extensive evolutionary conservation of specific pRb repressor complexes that physically combine subunits with established roles in the regulation of transcription, DNA replication, and chromatin structure. ..