Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pxn
Alias: CG12002, CT1239, DmPxd-a, Dmel\CG12002, Dpxn, pxn, peroxidasin, CG12002-PA, CG12002-PB, CG12002-PC, CG12002-PD, CG12002-PE, Pxn-PA, Pxn-PB, Pxn-PC, Pxn-PD, Pxn-PE, peroxydasin, protein X
Species: fruit fly
- Paladi M, Tepass U. Function of Rho GTPases in embryonic blood cell migration in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6313-26 pubmed..We find eight deletions that cause defects in macrophage migration suggesting the existence of approximately ten zygotic genes essential for macrophage migration. ..
- Brückner K, Kockel L, Duchek P, Luque C, Rørth P, Perrimon N. The PDGF/VEGF receptor controls blood cell survival in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2004;7:73-84 pubmed..This function of PVR shows striking conservation with mammalian hematopoiesis and establishes Drosophila as a model to study hematopoietic cell survival in development and disease. ..
- Nelson R, Fessler L, Takagi Y, Blumberg B, Keene D, Olson P, et al. Peroxidasin: a novel enzyme-matrix protein of Drosophila development. EMBO J. 1994;13:3438-47 pubmedb>Peroxidasin is a novel protein combining peroxidase and extracellular matrix motifs. Hemocytes differentiate early from head mesoderm, make peroxidasin and later phagocytose apoptotic cells...
- Sears H, Kennedy C, Garrity P. Macrophage-mediated corpse engulfment is required for normal Drosophila CNS morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:3557-65 pubmed..These data indicate that macrophage-mediated clearance of cell corpses is required for proper morphogenesis of the Drosophila CNS. ..
- Waltzer L, Bataillé L, Peyrefitte S, Haenlin M. Two isoforms of Serpent containing either one or two GATA zinc fingers have different roles in Drosophila haematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2002;21:5477-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that the inclusion or exclusion of the N-finger in the naturally occurring isoforms of Srp can provide an effective means of extending the versatility of srp function during development. ..
- Cho N, Keyes L, Johnson E, Heller J, Ryner L, Karim F, et al. Developmental control of blood cell migration by the Drosophila VEGF pathway. Cell. 2002;108:865-76 pubmed..The results suggest that the Drosophila VEGF pathway guides developmental migrations of blood cells, and we speculate that the ancestral function of VEGF pathways was to guide blood cell movement. ..
- MacLaren C, Evans T, Alvarado D, Duffy J. Comparative analysis of the Kekkon molecules, related members of the LIG superfamily. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:360-6 pubmed..In addition, we provide support for the general notion that these molecules may share common functions as CAMs, by demonstrating that Kek family members can form homotypic and heterotypic complexes. ..
- Waltzer L, Ferjoux G, Bataillé L, Haenlin M. Cooperation between the GATA and RUNX factors Serpent and Lozenge during Drosophila hematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:6516-25 pubmed..We propose that interaction and cooperation between GATA and RUNX factors may play an important role in regulating blood cell formation from Drosophila to mammals. ..
- Hurd T, Liang F, Lehmann R. Curly Encodes Dual Oxidase, Which Acts with Heme Peroxidase Curly Su to Shape the Adult Drosophila Wing. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005625 pubmed publisher..Our work adds to a growing number of studies suggesting that Duox's primary function is more structural, helping to form extracellular and cuticle structures in conjunction with peroxidases. ..
- Zaidman Rémy A, Hervé M, Poidevin M, Pili Floury S, Kim M, Blanot D, et al. The Drosophila amidase PGRP-LB modulates the immune response to bacterial infection. Immunity. 2006;24:463-73 pubmed..Our work highlights the key role of PGRPs that encode both sensors and scavengers of peptidoglycan, which modulate the level of the host immune response to the presence of infectious microorganisms. ..
- RodrÃguez VÃ¡zquez M, Vaquero D, Parra Peralbo E, MejÃa Morales J, Culi J. Drosophila Lipophorin Receptors Recruit the Lipoprotein LTP to the Plasma Membrane to Mediate Lipid Uptake. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005356 pubmed publisher..LTP would interact with lipophorin particles adsorbed to the extracellular matrix and with the plasma membrane, catalyzing the exchange of lipids between them. ..
- Nassif C, Daniel A, Lengyel J, Hartenstein V. The role of morphogenetic cell death during Drosophila embryonic head development. Dev Biol. 1998;197:170-86 pubmed..g., retraction of the clypeolabrum, formation of the dorsal pouch, fusion of lateral gnathal lobes) are evolutionarily more recent and fail to occur normally in rpr-deficient embryos. ..
- Blauwkamp T, Chang M, Cadigan K. Novel TCF-binding sites specify transcriptional repression by Wnt signalling. EMBO J. 2008;27:1436-46 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the sequence of TCF-binding sites allosterically regulates the TCF/Arm complex to effect either transcriptional activation or repression. ..
- Soudi M, Zamocky M, Jakopitsch C, Furtmüller P, Obinger C. Molecular evolution, structure, and function of peroxidasins. Chem Biodivers. 2012;9:1776-93 pubmed publisher..including detailed biochemical/physical studies and elucidation of the three dimensional structure of a model peroxidasin as well as the relation and interplay of the domains and the in vivo functions in various organisms including ..
- Minakhina S, Steward R. Hematopoietic stem cells in Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:27-31 pubmed publisher..Zfrp8/PDCD2 is likely to have similar functions in hematopoietic stem cell maintenance in vertebrates. ..
- Bunt S, Hooley C, Hu N, Scahill C, Weavers H, Skaer H. Hemocyte-secreted type IV collagen enhances BMP signaling to guide renal tubule morphogenesis in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2010;19:296-306 pubmed publisher..Such regulated interplay between cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions is likely to have wide relevance in organogenesis and congenital disease. ..
- Pereanu W, Shy D, Hartenstein V. Morphogenesis and proliferation of the larval brain glia in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;283:191-203 pubmed..This increase results from mitosis of differentiated glia, but, more significantly, from the proliferation of neuroblasts. ..
- Dembeck L, BÃ¶rÃ¶czky K, Huang W, Schal C, Anholt R, Mackay T. Genetic architecture of natural variation in cuticular hydrocarbon composition in Drosophila melanogaster. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Disruption of expression of 24 candidate genes affected CHC composition in at least one sex. These genes are associated with fatty acid metabolism and represent mechanistic targets for individual variation in CHC composition. ..
- Morgante F, SÃ¸rensen P, Sorensen D, Maltecca C, Mackay T. Genetic Architecture of Micro-Environmental Plasticity in Drosophila melanogaster. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9785 pubmed publisher..We identified several candidate genes associated with micro-environmental plasticity of startle response, including Drosophila Hsp90, setting the stage for future genetic dissection of this phenomenon. ..
- Bras S, Martin Lannerée S, Gobert V, Augé B, Breig O, Sanial M, et al. Myeloid leukemia factor is a conserved regulator of RUNX transcription factor activity involved in hematopoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4986-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the regulation of RUNX protein levels is a conserved feature of MLF family members that could be critical for normal and pathological blood cell development. ..
- Kelsey E, Luo X, Brückner K, Jasper H. Schnurri regulates hemocyte function to promote tissue recovery after DNA damage. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1393-400 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new Shn-regulated paracrine signaling interaction between damaged retinal cells and hemocytes that ensures recovery and homeostasis of the challenged tissue. ..
- Grigorian M, Mandal L, Hartenstein V. Hematopoiesis at the onset of metamorphosis: terminal differentiation and dissociation of the Drosophila lymph gland. Dev Genes Evol. 2011;221:121-31 pubmed publisher..gland dissociation, cells of the medullary zone differentiate, expressing the early differentiation marker Peroxidasin (Pxn), as well as, in part, the late differentiation marker P1...
- Stofanko M, Kwon S, Badenhorst P. Lineage tracing of lamellocytes demonstrates Drosophila macrophage plasticity. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14051 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that lamellocytes arise from plasmatocytes and that plasmatocytes may be inherently plastic, possessing the ability to differentiate further into lamellocytes upon appropriate challenge. ..
- Bhave G, Cummings C, Vanacore R, Kumagai Cresse C, Ero Tolliver I, Rafi M, et al. Peroxidasin forms sulfilimine chemical bonds using hypohalous acids in tissue genesis. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:784-90 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that peroxidasin, an enzyme found in basement membranes, catalyzes formation of the sulfilimine bond...
- Bernardoni R, Vivancos V, Giangrande A. glide/gcm is expressed and required in the scavenger cell lineage. Dev Biol. 1997;191:118-30 pubmed..These data and our findings on the dual role of glide/gcm indicate that glial cells and hemocytes/macrophages are functionally and molecularly related. ..
- Yin Z, Xu X, Frasch M. Regulation of the twist target gene tinman by modular cis-regulatory elements during early mesoderm development. Development. 1997;124:4971-82 pubmed
- Dearolf C. Fruit fly "leukemia". Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1377:M13-23 pubmed
- Shia A, Glittenberg M, Thompson G, Weber A, Reichhart J, Ligoxygakis P. Toll-dependent antimicrobial responses in Drosophila larval fat body require Spätzle secreted by haemocytes. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4505-15 pubmed publisher..These results show that in larvae, integration of the two responses in a systemic reaction depend on the production of a cytokine (spz), a process that strongly parallels the mammalian immune response. ..
- Burra S, Wang Y, Brock A, Galko M. Using Drosophila larvae to study epidermal wound closure and inflammation. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1037:449-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, useful transgenic lines for live genetic screening of genes required for wound closure or inflammation are described. ..
- McCall A, Cummings C, Bhave G, Vanacore R, Page McCaw A, Hudson B. Bromine is an essential trace element for assembly of collagen IV scaffolds in tissue development and architecture. Cell. 2014;157:1380-92 pubmed publisher..Herein, we demonstrate that Br(-) is a required cofactor for peroxidasin-catalyzed formation of sulfilimine crosslinks, a posttranslational modification essential for tissue ..
- Vázquez M, Rodríguez R, Zurita M. A new peroxinectin-like gene preferentially expressed during oogenesis and early embryogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genes Evol. 2002;212:526-9 pubmed..It is virtually absent at other stages of the Drosophila life cycle, suggesting that Dpxt function is restricted to the early stages of fly development. ..