Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Proc
Alias: CG7105, Dmel\CG7105, PROC, PROCT, Prct, Proct, proct, proctolin, CG7105-PA, CG7105-PB, Proc-PA, Proc-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Salmand P, Iché Torres M, Perrin L. Tissue-specific cell sorting from Drosophila embryos: application to gene expression analysis. Fly (Austin). 2011;5:261-5 pubmed..5 to 1% of total cells within the whole embryo. Based on widely available fluorescent reporter transgenes, this method should be applicable to a number of tissues and organs. ..
- Hector C, Bretz C, Zhao Y, Johnson E. Functional differences between two CRF-related diuretic hormone receptors in Drosophila. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:3142-7 pubmed publisher..The functional characterization of this diuretic hormone receptor in Drosophila demonstrates a high degree of conservation of CRF-like signaling. ..
- Johnson E, Shafer O, Trigg J, Park J, Schooley D, Dow J, et al. A novel diuretic hormone receptor in Drosophila: evidence for conservation of CGRP signaling. J Exp Biol. 2005;208:1239-46 pubmed..Therefore, it appears that both the molecular details as well as the functional organization of CGRP signaling have been conserved. ..
- Min S, Chae H, Jang Y, Choi S, Lee S, Jeong Y, et al. Identification of a Peptidergic Pathway Critical to Satiety Responses in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2016;26:814-20 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a novel anorexigenic pathway that controls satiety in Drosophila and provide a new avenue to study how the brain actively maintains a constant BW. ..
- Kahsai L, Winther A. Chemical neuroanatomy of the Drosophila central complex: distribution of multiple neuropeptides in relation to neurotransmitters. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:290-315 pubmed publisher..different neuropeptides; Drosophila tachykinin, short neuropeptide F, myoinhibitory peptide, allatostatin A, proctolin, SIFamide, neuropeptide F, and FMRFamide...
- Taylor C, Winther A, Siviter R, Shirras A, Isaac R, Nassel D. Identification of a proctolin preprohormone gene (Proct) of Drosophila melanogaster: expression and predicted prohormone processing. J Neurobiol. 2004;58:379-91 pubmedb>Proctolin was the first insect neuropeptide to be sequenced and has been the subject of many physiological and pharmacological studies in insects and crustaceans...
- Ui Tei K, Sakuma M, Watanabe Y, Miyake T, Miyata Y. Chemical analysis of neurotransmitter candidates in clonal cell lines from Drosophila central nervous system, II: Neuropeptides and amino acids. Neurosci Lett. 1995;195:187-90 pubmed..Substance P and proctolin were found in seven and eight out of ten clones, respectively...
- Miguel Aliaga I, Thor S. Segment-specific prevention of pioneer neuron apoptosis by cell-autonomous, postmitotic Hox gene activity. Development. 2004;131:6093-105 pubmed..In addition, they provide a novel mechanism linking Hox positional information to differences in neuronal architecture along the anteroposterior axis by the selective elimination of mature neurons. ..
- Mazzocco C, Fukasawa K, Auguste P, Puiroux J. Characterization of a functionally expressed dipeptidyl aminopeptidase III from Drosophila melanogaster. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:3074-82 pubmed..The partially purified enzyme hydrolysed the insect myotropic neuropeptide proctolin (Arg-Tyr-Leu-Pro-Thr) at the Tyr-Leu bond (Km approximately 4 micro m)...
- Egerod K, Reynisson E, Hauser F, Williamson M, Cazzamali G, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Molecular identification of the first insect proctolin receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;306:437-42 pubmed..Screening of a neuropeptide library revealed that the expressed receptor was specific for the neuropeptide proctolin (EC(50), 6x10(-10)M)...
- Cazzamali G, Saxild N, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a Drosophila corazonin receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;298:31-6 pubmed..Furthermore, a receptor that is structurally very similar to the Drosophila corazonin receptor can be found in the genomic database from the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae. ..
- Wegener C, Gorbashov A. Molecular evolution of neuropeptides in the genus Drosophila. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R131 pubmed publisher..The last common ancestor of Drosophila obviously had a set of neuropeptides and peptide hormones identical to that of modern fruit flies. This is remarkable, since drosophilid flies have adapted to very different environments. ..
- Johnson E, Bohn L, Taghert P. Drosophila CG8422 encodes a functional diuretic hormone receptor. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:743-8 pubmed..The identification of a Drosophila receptor for the DH neuropeptide provides a basis for genetic analysis of this critical factor's roles in maintaining physiological homeostasis. ..