Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pp4-19C
Description: Protein phosphatase 19C
Alias: CG1459, CG1596, CG18339, CG32505, DmPpp4-19C, Dmel\CG32505, PP1, PP4, PP4 19C, PP4-19C, PP4-19c, PP4C, PP4c, PPP4c, PPX, PpX, Ppp4c, dPP4, pp4, protein phosphatase 19C, CG32505-PA, CG32505-PE, CG32505-PG, CG32505-PH, CG32505-PI, Pp4-19C-PA, Pp4-19C-PE, Pp4-19C-PG, Pp4-19C-PH, Pp4-19C-PI, phosphoprotein phosphatase 4, protein phosphatase 1, protein phosphatase 4, protein phosphatase X
Species: fruit fly
- Nurminsky D, Aguiar D, Bustamante C, Hartl D. Chromosomal effects of rapid gene evolution in Drosophila melanogaster. Science. 2001;291:128-30 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that the pattern of genetic variation along a chromosome may be useful for inferring its evolutionary history and for revealing regions in which recent adaptive fixations have taken place...
- Martin Granados C, Philp A, Oxenham S, Prescott A, Cohen P. Depletion of protein phosphatase 4 in human cells reveals essential roles in centrosome maturation, cell migration and the regulation of Rho GTPases. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2315-32 pubmed publisherThe mechanisms that co-ordinate centrosome maturation and the migration of human cells remain elusive. Protein phosphatase 4 (Ppp4) is a ubiquitous protein serine/threonine phosphatase in eukaryotes that is enriched at centrosomes...
- Wang N, Leung H, Mazalouskas M, Watkins G, Gomez R, Wadzinski B. Essential roles of the Tap42-regulated protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) family in wing imaginal disc development of Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38569 pubmed publisherProtein ser/thr phosphatase 2A family members (PP2A, PP4, and PP6) are implicated in the control of numerous biological processes, but our understanding of the in vivo function and regulation of these enzymes is limited...
- Silverstein A, Barrow C, Davis A, Mumby M. Actions of PP2A on the MAP kinase pathway and apoptosis are mediated by distinct regulatory subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4221-6 pubmedIndividual subunits of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A), protein phosphatase 4, and protein phosphatase 5 were knocked out in Drosophila Schneider 2 cells by using RNA interference...
- Helps N, Brewis N, Lineruth K, Davis T, Kaiser K, Cohen P. Protein phosphatase 4 is an essential enzyme required for organisation of microtubules at centrosomes in Drosophila embryos. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 10):1331-40 pubmedThe protein serine/threonine phosphatase 4 (PP4), which localises to centrosomes/spindle pole bodies in human cells, is shown to exhibit a similar localisation in Drosophila cells and embryos and possess a highly conserved (91% identical)..
- Sousa Nunes R, Somers W. Phosphorylation and dephosphorylation events allow for rapid segregation of fate determinants during Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric divisions. Commun Integr Biol. 2010;3:46-9 pubmed..We then discuss models previously proposed, as well as a new model, for apical-to-basal transition of the Mira complex in light of our new results. ..
- Zhang F, Huang Z, Bao H, Cong F, Wang H, Chai P, et al. Phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator facilitates localization of Miranda through dephosphorylation in dividing neuroblasts. Development. 2016;143:35-44 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PTPA associates with the Protein phosphatase 4 complex to mediate localization of Mira...
- de Carcer G, do Carmo Avides M, Lallena M, Glover D, Gonzalez C. Requirement of Hsp90 for centrosomal function reflects its regulation of Polo kinase stability. EMBO J. 2001;20:2878-84 pubmed
- Gonzalez C, Tavosanis G, Mollinari C. Centrosomes and microtubule organisation during Drosophila development. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 18):2697-706 pubmed..In this review we present some of the many examples which illustrate how centrosomes and microtubule organisation changes through development in Drosophila and discuss some of its implications. ..
- Bulat V, Rast M, Pielage J. Presynaptic CK2 promotes synapse organization and stability by targeting Ankyrin2. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:77-94 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies phosphorylation of structural synaptic components as a compelling mechanism to actively control the development and longevity of synaptic connections. ..
- Lipinszki Z, Lefevre S, Savoian M, Singleton M, Glover D, Przewloka M. Centromeric binding and activity of Protein Phosphatase 4. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5894 pubmed publisher..b>Phosphoprotein phosphatase 4 (PP4) has been recently shown to participate in the regulation of cell cycle progression...