Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: png
Description: pan gu
Alias: CG11420, Dmel\CG11420, EG:8D8.5, PNG, Png, fs(1)M2, pan-gnu, pan gu, CG11420-PA, png-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Shamanski F, Orr Weaver T. The Drosophila plutonium and pan gu genes regulate entry into S phase at fertilization. Cell. 1991;66:1289-300 pubmedMutations in the Drosophila maternal genes plutonium (plu) and pan gu (png) have the striking phenotype that DNA replication initiates in unfertilized eggs...
- Onischenko E, Gubanova N, Kiseleva E, Hallberg E. Cdk1 and okadaic acid-sensitive phosphatases control assembly of nuclear pore complexes in Drosophila embryos. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5152-62 pubmed
- Vardy L, Pesin J, Orr Weaver T. Regulation of Cyclin A protein in meiosis and early embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1838-43 pubmed publisher..The PAN GU (PNG) kinase positively promotes translation of Cyclin A, beginning in oogenesis, an earlier onset than previously ..
- Lee L, Van Hoewyk D, Orr Weaver T. The Drosophila cell cycle kinase PAN GU forms an active complex with PLUTONIUM and GNU to regulate embryonic divisions. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2979-91 pubmedEarly embryonic cell cycles in Drosophila consist of rapidly alternating S and M phases. Three genes, pan gu (png), plutonium (plu), and giant nuclei (gnu) coordinate these early S-M cycles by ensuring adequate Cyclin B protein levels...
- Fenger D, Carminati J, Burney Sigman D, Kashevsky H, Dines J, Elfring L, et al. PAN GU: a protein kinase that inhibits S phase and promotes mitosis in early Drosophila development. Development. 2000;127:4763-74 pubmed..In Drosophila, this replication block requires the products of the pan gu (png), plutonium (plu) and giant nuclei (gnu) genes...
- Sitaram P, Merkle J, Lee E, Lee L. asunder is required for dynein localization and dorsal fate determination during Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2014;386:42-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that asun is a critical regulator of dynein localization and dynein-mediated processes during Drosophila oogenesis. ..
- Liu J, Lin H, Lopez J, Wolfner M. Formation of the male pronuclear lamina in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 1997;184:187-96 pubmed..mutant embryos defective for the function of either the male pronucleus (mh, K81, and pal or both pronuclei (gnu, png, and plu)...
- Pellicena Palle A, Stitzinger S, Salz H. The function of the Drosophila thioredoxin homologue encoded by the deadhead gene is redox-dependent and blocks the initiation of development but not DNA synthesis. Mech Dev. 1997;62:61-5 pubmed..The observed epistatic relationship between these mutations clearly indicates that deadhead is not essential for DNA metabolism. The possibility of a regulatory role in controlling the initiation of S-phase is discussed. ..
- Renault A, Zhang X, Alphey L, Frenz L, Glover D, Saunders R, et al. giant nuclei is essential in the cell cycle transition from meiosis to mitosis. Development. 2003;130:2997-3005 pubmed..Drosophila requires the cell cycle regulators encoded by the genes, giant nuclei (gnu), plutonium (plu) and pan gu (png)...