Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plc21C
Description: Phospholipase C at 21C
Alias: CG4574, Dmel\CG4574, PLC, PLC-21, PLC-21C, PLC21C, PLC21c, PLC[[Beta]], Plc21, Plcbeta21C, plc-21, plc21, plc21C, plc21c, plcbeta21c, phospholipase C at 21C, CG4574-PA, CG4574-PB, CG4574-PC, CG4574-PD, CG4574-PG, CG4574-PH, Plc21C-PA, Plc21C-PB, Plc21C-PC, Plc21C-PD, Plc21C-PG, Plc21C-PH, phospholipase C, phospholipase C 21C
Species: fruit fly
- Baumbach J, Xu Y, Hehlert P, Kühnlein R. G?q, G?1 and Plc21C control Drosophila body fat storage. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:283-92 pubmed publisher..in vivo evidence that the GPCR signal transducers G protein ? q subunit (G?q), G protein ?1 (G?1) and Phospholipase C at 21C (Plc21C) control cellular and organismal fat storage in Drosophila...
- Krause Y, Krause S, Huang J, Liu C, Hardie R, Weckström M. Light-dependent modulation of Shab channels via phosphoinositide depletion in Drosophila photoreceptors. Neuron. 2008;59:596-607 pubmed publisher..The results indicate a functionally implemented mechanism of Kv channel modulation by PIP(2) in photoreceptors, which enables light-dependent regulation of signal processing by direct coupling to the phototransduction cascade. ..
- Shortridge R, Yoon J, Lending C, Bloomquist B, Perdew M, Pak W. A Drosophila phospholipase C gene that is expressed in the central nervous system. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:12474-80 pubmedA Drosophila phospholipase C (PLC) gene, designated as plc-21, was isolated by screening a genomic DNA library using a cDNA for a previously isolated Drosophila PLC gene, norpA, as probe under reduced stringency hybridization conditions...
- Robinson L, Marchant J. Calcium influx: beyond 'current' biology. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R548-50 pubmed..This huge advance will enable molecular dissection of the CRAC channel complex, moving the field beyond Icrac signature to structure. ..
- Picking W, Chen D, Lee R, Vogt M, Polizzi J, Marietta R, et al. Control of Drosophila opsin gene expression by carotenoids and retinoic acid: northern and western analyses. Exp Eye Res. 1996;63:493-500 pubmed..Preliminary evidence shows that carotenoid deprivation decreases two proteins relevant to visual function:  phospholipase C (PLC); and  Drosophila retinoid binding protein (DRBP).
- Voets T, Nilius B. TRPs make sense. J Membr Biol. 2003;192:1-8 pubmed..In this review we discuss recent evidence that implicates members of the TRP superfamily in sensory signal transduction. ..
- Tsuzuki S, Matsumoto H, Furihata S, Ryuda M, Tanaka H, Sung E, et al. Switching between humoral and cellular immune responses in Drosophila is guided by the cytokine GBP. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4628 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that a Drosophila cytokine, growth-blocking peptides (GBP), acts through the phospholipase C (PLC)/Ca(2+) signalling cascade to mediate the secretion of Pvf, a ligand for platelet-derived growth factor- ..
- Curran K, Chalasani S. Serotonin circuits and anxiety: what can invertebrates teach us?. Invert Neurosci. 2012;12:81-92 pubmed publisher..These model systems possess well-defined neuroanatomies and robust serotonin-mediated behavior and should reveal insights into how serotonin can modulate human cognitive functions...
- Weinkove D, Neufeld T, Twardzik T, Waterfield M, Leevers S. Regulation of imaginal disc cell size, cell number and organ size by Drosophila class I(A) phosphoinositide 3-kinase and its adaptor. Curr Biol. 1999;9:1019-29 pubmed..Our results indicate that Dp110 and p60 signalling can affect growth in multiple ways, which has important implications for the function of signalling through class I(A) PI 3-kinases. ..
- Wong R, Fabian L, Forer A, Brill J. Phospholipase C and myosin light chain kinase inhibition define a common step in actin regulation during cytokinesis. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:15 pubmed..In addition, both PIP2 and phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C (PLC) have been localized to the cleavage furrow of dividing mammalian cells...
- Deng H, Gerencser A, Jasper H. Signal integration by Ca(2+) regulates intestinal stem-cell activity. Nature. 2015;528:212-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the dynamic regulation of intracellular Ca(2+) levels allows effective integration of diverse mitogenic signals in ISCs to adapt their proliferative activity to the needs of the tissue. ..
- Palomera Sanchez Z, Bucio Mendez A, Valadez Graham V, Reynaud E, Zurita M. Drosophila p53 is required to increase the levels of the dKDM4B demethylase after UV-induced DNA damage to demethylate histone H3 lysine 9. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31370-9 pubmed publisher..This mechanism appears to be essential for the proper function of the nucleotide excision repair system. ..
- Kain P, Chandrashekaran S, Rodrigues V, Hasan G. Drosophila mutants in phospholipid signaling have reduced olfactory responses as adults and larvae. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:303-12 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that larval olfactory transduction, like that of the adult, utilizes a phospholipid second messenger, generated by the activation of G(q)alpha and Plcbeta21c, and modulated by the stmA gene product.
- Banerjee S, Joshi R, Venkiteswaran G, Agrawal N, Srikanth S, Alam F, et al. Compensation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor function by altering sarco-endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase activity in the Drosophila flight circuit. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8278-88 pubmed..In contrast, maintenance of flight patterns probably requires fast modulation of Ca2+ levels, in which the intrinsic properties of the InsP3R play a pivotal role. ..
- Ma H, Blitzer R, Healy E, Premont R, Landau E, Iyengar R. Receptor-evoked Cl- current in Xenopus oocytes is mediated through a beta-type phospholipase C. Cloning of a new form of the enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19915-8 pubmedXenopus oocytes exhibit a receptor-evoked Cl- current that is mediated through the activation of phospholipase C (PLC) and release of intracellular Ca2+. The identity of PLC(s) mediating this effect is unknown...
- Kain P, Chakraborty T, Sundaram S, Siddiqi O, Rodrigues V, Hasan G. Reduced odor responses from antennal neurons of G(q)alpha, phospholipase Cbeta, and rdgA mutants in Drosophila support a role for a phospholipid intermediate in insect olfactory transduction. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4745-55 pubmed publisher..dgq mutant phenotypes were further enhanced by mutants in a PLCbeta (phospholipase Cbeta) gene, plc21C. Interestingly although, the olfactory phenotype of mutant alleles of diacylglycerol kinase (rdgA) was rescued by ..
- Ni J, Baik L, Holmes T, Montell C. A rhodopsin in the brain functions in circadian photoentrainment in Drosophila. Nature. 2017;545:340-344 pubmed publisher..The demonstration that Rh7 functions in circadian pacemaker neurons represents, to our knowledge, the first role for an opsin in the central brain. ..
- Kain P, Badsha F, Hussain S, Nair A, Hasan G, Rodrigues V. Mutants in phospholipid signaling attenuate the behavioral response of adult Drosophila to trehalose. Chem Senses. 2010;35:663-73 pubmed publisher..These data together with observations from other mutants in phospholipid signaling provide insights into the mechanisms of taste transduction in Drosophila. ..
- Albert S, Twardzik T, Heisenberg M, Schneuwly S. Isolation and characterization of the droPIK57 gene encoding a new regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase from Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 1997;198:181-9 pubmed..In-situ hybridization and Northern blot analysis indicate a widespread function of this gene during embryogenesis and in the CNS. ..
- Li C, Geng C, Leung H, Hong Y, Strong L, Schneuwly S, et al. INAF, a protein required for transient receptor potential Ca(2+) channel function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13474-9 pubmed