Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pkc98E
Description: Protein C kinase 98E
Alias: 98F, CG1954, Dmel\CG1954, Dpkc3, Nc98F, PK-C, PKC, PKC 98F, PKC d98F, PKC-98F, PKC98C, PKC98E, Pkc3, dPKC98F, nPKC, protein C kinase 98E, CG1954-PA, CG1954-PB, CG1954-PC, CG1954-PD, Neural-conserved-at-98F, PKC-brain, Pkc98E-PA, Pkc98E-PB, Pkc98E-PC, Pkc98E-PD, protein kinase C, protein kinase-c3
Species: fruit fly
- Robinson L, Marchant J. Calcium influx: beyond 'current' biology. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R548-50 pubmed..This huge advance will enable molecular dissection of the CRAC channel complex, moving the field beyond Icrac signature to structure. ..
- Zacharogianni M, Kondylis V, Tang Y, Farhan H, Xanthakis D, Fuchs F, et al. ERK7 is a negative regulator of protein secretion in response to amino-acid starvation by modulating Sec16 membrane association. EMBO J. 2011;30:3684-700 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the existence of new signalling circuits participating in the complex regulation of cell growth. ..
- Tremmel D, Resad S, Little C, Wesley C. Notch and PKC are involved in formation of the lateral region of the dorso-ventral axis in Drosophila embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67789 pubmed publisher..They show that Notch activities are inextricably linked to that of Pkc98E, the homolog of mammalian PKC?...
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Shen P. Protein kinase C deficiency-induced alcohol insensitivity and underlying cellular targets in Drosophila. Neuroscience. 2010;166:34-9 pubmed publisherMultiple subtypes of protein kinase C (PKC) isozymes are implicated in various neurological disorders including alcohol insensitivity, a trait strongly associated with alcoholism in humans, but molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying ..
- Zhang J, Yin J, Wesley C. From Drosophila development to adult: clues to Notch function in long-term memory. Front Cell Neurosci. 2013;7:222 pubmed publisher..Our studies in the model organism Drosophila reveal that a non-canonical Notch-protein kinase C activity that plays critical roles in embryonic development also regulates cyclic-AMP response element ..
- Zhang J, Little C, Tremmel D, Yin J, Wesley C. Notch-inducible hyperphosphorylated CREB and its ultradian oscillation in long-term memory formation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12825-34 pubmed publisher..Notch in conjunction with PKC activity upregulates the level of a hyperphosphorylated form of CREB (hyper-PO4 CREB) and triggers its ultradian ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Shen P. A protein kinase C activity localized to neuropeptide Y-like neurons mediates ethanol intoxication in Drosophila melanogaster. Neuroscience. 2008;156:42-7 pubmed publisher..Here we report a critical role of the conserved protein kinase C (PKC) pathway in mediating the intoxicating effect of ethanol...
- Hardie R, Raghu P. Visual transduction in Drosophila. Nature. 2001;413:186-93 pubmed..Analysis in Drosophila has revealed many of the underlying molecular strategies, leading to the discovery and characterization of signalling molecules of widespread importance. ..
- Sossin W, Schwartz J. Ca(2+)-independent protein kinase Cs contain an amino-terminal domain similar to the C2 consensus sequence. Trends Biochem Sci. 1993;18:207-8 pubmed
- Franke T, Tartof K, Tsichlis P. The SH2-like Akt homology (AH) domain of c-akt is present in multiple copies in the genome of vertebrate and invertebrate eucaryotes. Cloning and characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster c-akt homolog Dakt1. Oncogene. 1994;9:141-8 pubmed..carboxyterminal catalytic domain is closely related to the catalytic domains of all the known members of the protein kinase C (PKC) family...
- Voets T, Nilius B. TRPs make sense. J Membr Biol. 2003;192:1-8 pubmed..In this review we discuss recent evidence that implicates members of the TRP superfamily in sensory signal transduction. ..
- Getahun M, Olsson S, Lavista Llanos S, Hansson B, Wicher D. Insect odorant response sensitivity is tuned by metabotropically autoregulated olfactory receptors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58889 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Orco-mediated regulation of OR sensitivity provides tunable ionotropic receptors capable of detecting odors over a wider range of concentrations, providing broadened sensitivity over IRs themselves. ..
- Siegfried E, Ambrosio L, Perrimon N. Serine/threonine protein kinases in Drosophila. Trends Genet. 1990;6:357-62 pubmed..This review discusses these recent findings and describes the potential for genetic analyses of kinase activity and signal transduction. ..