Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pkc53E
Description: Protein C kinase 53E
Alias: CG6622, DPKC, Dmel\CG6622, Dpkc1, PK-C, PKC, PKC 53B, PKC 53E, PKC-53B, PKC-53E, PKC1, PKC53E, PKC53e, Pkc1, dPKC, dPKC53E(br), pkc53e, protein C kinase 53E, CG6622-PA, CG6622-PB, CG6622-PC, CG6622-PD, CG6622-PE, CG6622-PF, Pkc53E-PA, Pkc53E-PB, Pkc53E-PC, Pkc53E-PD, Pkc53E-PE, Pkc53E-PF, protein kinase C, protein kinase-C 53E, protein kinase-c1
Species: fruit fly
- Schlotterer C, Agis M. Microsatellite analysis of Drosophila melanogaster populations along a microclimatic contrast at lower Nahel Oren canyon, Mount Carmel, Israel. Mol Biol Evol. 2002;19:563-8 pubmed..melanogaster populations was low (F(ST) = 0.0012). Also a tree of individuals based on the proportion of shared alleles and a model-based clustering method provided no evidence for population substructuring. ..
- Chen W, ten Berge D, Brown J, Ahn S, Hu L, Miller W, et al. Dishevelled 2 recruits beta-arrestin 2 to mediate Wnt5A-stimulated endocytosis of Frizzled 4. Science. 2003;301:1391-4 pubmed..These findings provide a previously unrecognized mechanism for receptor recruitment of beta-arrestin and demonstrate that Dvl plays an important role in the endocytosis of frizzled, as well as in promoting signaling. ..
- Voolstra O, Bartels J, Oberegelsbacher C, Pfannstiel J, Huber A. Phosphorylation of the Drosophila transient receptor potential ion channel is regulated by the phototransduction cascade and involves several protein kinases and phosphatases. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73787 pubmed publisher..TRP generates the receptor potential upon stimulation of the photoreceptor cell by light. An eye-enriched protein kinase C (eye-PKC) has been implicated in the phosphorylation of TRP by in vitro studies...
- Sun Y, An S, Henrich V, Sun X, Song Q. Proteomic identification of PKC-mediated expression of 20E-induced protein in Drosophila melanogaster. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:4478-88 pubmed publisher..Using a proteomic approach, we have shown that protein kinase C (PKC) activity is necessary for mediating 20E-induced expression of 14 specific proteins, including three ..
- Llamazares S, Moreira A, Tavares A, Girdham C, Spruce B, Gonzalez C, et al. polo encodes a protein kinase homolog required for mitosis in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 1991;5:2153-65 pubmed
- Voets T, Nilius B. TRPs make sense. J Membr Biol. 2003;192:1-8 pubmed..In this review we discuss recent evidence that implicates members of the TRP superfamily in sensory signal transduction. ..
- Rosenthal A, Rhee L, Yadegari R, Paro R, Ullrich A, Goeddel D. Structure and nucleotide sequence of a Drosophila melanogaster protein kinase C gene. EMBO J. 1987;6:433-41 pubmedGenomic and cDNA clones encoding a Drosophila melanogaster protein kinase C (PKC) homologue were identified using a bovine PKC cDNA probe...
- Getahun M, Olsson S, Lavista Llanos S, Hansson B, Wicher D. Insect odorant response sensitivity is tuned by metabotropically autoregulated olfactory receptors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58889 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Orco-mediated regulation of OR sensitivity provides tunable ionotropic receptors capable of detecting odors over a wider range of concentrations, providing broadened sensitivity over IRs themselves. ..
- Wodarz A, Ramrath A, Grimm A, Knust E. Drosophila atypical protein kinase C associates with Bazooka and controls polarity of epithelia and neuroblasts. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1361-74 pubmed..Here we show that Baz directly binds to the Drosophila atypical isoform of protein kinase C and that both proteins are mutually dependent on each other for correct apical localization...
- Murali T, Pacifico S, Finley R. Integrating the interactome and the transcriptome of Drosophila. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:177 pubmed publisher..This organization implies that tissue or stage specific networks can be best identified from interactome data by using filters designed to include both ubiquitously expressed and specifically expressed genes and proteins. ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Shen P. A protein kinase C activity localized to neuropeptide Y-like neurons mediates ethanol intoxication in Drosophila melanogaster. Neuroscience. 2008;156:42-7 pubmed publisher..Here we report a critical role of the conserved protein kinase C (PKC) pathway in mediating the intoxicating effect of ethanol...
- Murillo Maldonado J, Zeineddine F, Stock R, THACKERAY J, Riesgo Escovar J. Insulin receptor-mediated signaling via phospholipase C-? regulates growth and differentiation in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28067 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results provide evidence that PLC-? acts during development at a time when growth ends and differentiation begins, and is important for proper coordination of these two processes. ..
- Xi X, Lu L, Zhuge C, Chen X, Zhai Y, Cheng J, et al. The hypoparathyroidism-associated mutation in Drosophila Gcm compromises protein stability and glial cell formation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:39856 pubmed publisher..GcmR59L interacts with the Slimb-based SCF complex and Protein Kinase C (PKC), which possibly plays a role in its phosphorylation, hence altering ubiquitination...
- Otani T, Ogura Y, Misaki K, Maeda T, Kimpara A, Yonemura S, et al. IKK? inhibits PKC to promote Fascin-dependent actin bundling. Development. 2016;143:3806-3816 pubmedSignaling molecules have pleiotropic functions and are activated by various extracellular stimuli. Protein kinase C (PKC) is activated by diverse receptors, and its dysregulation is associated with diseases including cancer...
- Smith D, Ranganathan R, Hardy R, Marx J, Tsuchida T, Zuker C. Photoreceptor deactivation and retinal degeneration mediated by a photoreceptor-specific protein kinase C. Science. 1991;254:1478-84 pubmedThe protein kinase C (PKC) family of serine-threonine kinases has been implicated in the regulation of a variety of signaling cascades. One member of this family, eye-PKC, is expressed exclusively in the Drosophila visual system...
- Franke T, Tartof K, Tsichlis P. The SH2-like Akt homology (AH) domain of c-akt is present in multiple copies in the genome of vertebrate and invertebrate eucaryotes. Cloning and characterization of the Drosophila melanogaster c-akt homolog Dakt1. Oncogene. 1994;9:141-8 pubmed..carboxyterminal catalytic domain is closely related to the catalytic domains of all the known members of the protein kinase C (PKC) family...
- Korcsmáros T, Szalay M, Rovó P, Palotai R, Fazekas D, Lenti K, et al. Signalogs: orthology-based identification of novel signaling pathway components in three metazoans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19240 pubmed publisher..Such networks may increase the biomedical utilization of C. elegans and D. melanogaster. In humans, signalogs may identify novel drug targets and new signaling mechanisms for approved drugs. ..
- Wang S, Wang J, Sun Y, Song Q, Li S. PKC-mediated USP phosphorylation at Ser35 modulates 20-hydroxyecdysone signaling in Drosophila. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:6187-96 pubmed publisher..Our previous studies in Drosophila suggest that PKC modulates 20E signaling by phosphorylating EcR-USP...
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Shen P. Protein kinase C deficiency-induced alcohol insensitivity and underlying cellular targets in Drosophila. Neuroscience. 2010;166:34-9 pubmed publisherMultiple subtypes of protein kinase C (PKC) isozymes are implicated in various neurological disorders including alcohol insensitivity, a trait strongly associated with alcoholism in humans, but molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying ..
- Siegfried E, Ambrosio L, Perrimon N. Serine/threonine protein kinases in Drosophila. Trends Genet. 1990;6:357-62 pubmed..This review discusses these recent findings and describes the potential for genetic analyses of kinase activity and signal transduction. ..
- Robinson L, Marchant J. Calcium influx: beyond 'current' biology. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R548-50 pubmed..This huge advance will enable molecular dissection of the CRAC channel complex, moving the field beyond Icrac signature to structure. ..
- Hoyos B, Imam A, Chua R, Swenson C, Tong G, Levi E, et al. The cysteine-rich regions of the regulatory domains of Raf and protein kinase C as retinoid receptors. J Exp Med. 2000;192:835-45 pubmed..domain of the NH(2)-terminal regulatory domains of cRaf-1, as well as several select domains of the mammalian protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms alpha, delta, zeta, and mu, the Drosophila and yeast PKCs, were found to bind retinol with ..
- Pandur P, Maurus D, Kuhl M. Increasingly complex: new players enter the Wnt signaling network. Bioessays. 2002;24:881-4 pubmed
- Mizrak D, Ruben M, Myers G, Rhrissorrakrai K, Gunsalus K, Blau J. Electrical activity can impose time of day on the circadian transcriptome of pacemaker neurons. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1871-80 pubmed publisher..The electrical state of a clock neuron can impose time of day to its transcriptional program. We propose that this acts as an internal zeitgeber to add robustness and precision to circadian behavioral rhythms. ..
- Lee K, Kim B, Bhin J, Kim D, You H, Kim E, et al. Bacterial uracil modulates Drosophila DUOX-dependent gut immunity via Hedgehog-induced signaling endosomes. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;17:191-204 pubmed publisher..These endosomes play essential roles in uracil-induced ROS production by acting as signaling platforms for PLCÎ²/PKC/Ca2+-dependent DUOX activation...