Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: phol
Description: pleiohomeotic like
Alias: CG3445, Dmel\CG3445, PHOL, Phol, pleiohomeotic like, CG3445-PA, CG3445-PB, Pleiohomeotic-like, pho-like, phol-PA, phol-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Chen J, Nolte V, SchlÃ¶tterer C. Temperature stress mediates decanalization and dominance of gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004883 pubmed publisher..We propose that decanalization of gene expression in stressful environments is not only central to adaptation, but may also contribute to genetic disorders in human populations. ..
- Lanzuolo C, Orlando V. Memories from the polycomb group proteins. Annu Rev Genet. 2012;46:561-89 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the multiple modes of action of the PcG complexes and describe their biological roles. ..
- Kahn T, Stenberg P, Pirrotta V, Schwartz Y. Combinatorial interactions are required for the efficient recruitment of pho repressive complex (PhoRC) to polycomb response elements. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004495 pubmed publisher..Of all PcG complexes PhoRC is the only one that contains a sequence-specific DNA binding subunit (PHO or PHOL), which led to a model that places PhoRC at the base of the recruitment hierarchy...
- Harris R, Setiawan L, Saul J, Hariharan I. Localized epigenetic silencing of a damage-activated WNT enhancer limits regeneration in mature Drosophila imaginal discs. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Localized epigenetic silencing of damage-responsive enhancers can therefore restrict regenerative capacity in maturing organisms without compromising gene functions regulated by developmental signals. ..
- Grossniklaus U, Paro R. Transcriptional silencing by polycomb-group proteins. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2014;6:a019331 pubmed publisher..PcG silencing is medically relevant as it is often observed in human disorders, including cancer, and tissue regeneration, which involve the reprogramming of PcG-controlled target genes. ..
- Enuameh M, Asriyan Y, Richards A, Christensen R, Hall V, Kazemian M, et al. Global analysis of Drosophila Cys?-His? zinc finger proteins reveals a multitude of novel recognition motifs and binding determinants. Genome Res. 2013;23:928-40 pubmed publisher..These hybrids of natural and artificial fingers can be used to create functional zinc finger nucleases for editing vertebrate genomes. ..
- Takács S, Biessmann H, Reddy H, Mason J, Torok T. Protein interactions on telomeric retrotransposons in Drosophila. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:1055-61 pubmed publisher..The TRF2/DREF complex may promote the open structure of HTT chromatin. The protein interactions controlling HTT chromatin structure and telomere length may be modulated by sumoylation. ..
- Savla U, Benes J, Zhang J, Jones R. Recruitment of Drosophila Polycomb-group proteins by Polycomblike, a component of a novel protein complex in larvae. Development. 2008;135:813-7 pubmed publisher..The DNA-binding proteins Pho and/or Phol are required for target site binding by PRC2, which in turn is required for chromosome binding by PRC1...