Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PGRP SD
Alias: CG7496, Dm PGRP-SD, Dmel\CG7496, pgrp-sd, PGRP-SD, CG7496-PA, PGRP-SD-PA, Peptidoglycan-recognition protein-SD precursor
Species: fruit fly
- Atilano M, Yates J, Glittenberg M, Filipe S, Ligoxygakis P. Wall teichoic acids of Staphylococcus aureus limit recognition by the drosophila peptidoglycan recognition protein-SA to promote pathogenicity. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002421 pubmed publisher..We propose that different PGRPs work in concert to counter this strategy. ..
- Doroszuk A, Jonker M, Pul N, Breit T, Zwaan B. Transcriptome analysis of a long-lived natural Drosophila variant: a prominent role of stress- and reproduction-genes in lifespan extension. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:167 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that natural genetic variation for SR and lifespan can operate through similar transcriptional mechanisms as those of dietary restriction and life-extending mutations. ..
- Ye Y, McGraw E. Adult Drosophila melanogaster evolved for antibacterial defense invest in infection-induced expression of both humoral and cellular immunity genes. BMC Res Notes. 2011;4:305 pubmed publisher..The similarity in fold change increase across all immunity genes may suggest a shared mechanism for the evolution of increased transcription in small, discrete units such as duplication of cis-regulatory elements. ..
- Nehme N, Quintin J, Cho J, Lee J, Lafarge M, Kocks C, et al. Relative roles of the cellular and humoral responses in the Drosophila host defense against three gram-positive bacterial infections. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14743 pubmed publisher..However, it is less clear to what extent macrophage-like hemocytes contribute to host defense...
- Hauling T, Krautz R, Márkus R, Volkenhoff A, Kucerova L, Theopold U. A Drosophila immune response against Ras-induced overgrowth. Biol Open. 2014;3:250-60 pubmed publisher..Our hope is that this will lead to a better understanding of the earliest stage of innate immune responses against tumors with implications for mammalian immunity. ..
- Wagner C, Isermann K, Fehrenbach H, Roeder T. Molecular architecture of the fruit fly's airway epithelial immune system. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:446 pubmed publisher..This architecture will allow reacting if confronted with different bacterial or fungal elicitors by activation of a multitude of effectors. ..
- Basbous N, Coste F, Leone P, Vincentelli R, Royet J, Kellenberger C, et al. The Drosophila peptidoglycan-recognition protein LF interacts with peptidoglycan-recognition protein LC to downregulate the Imd pathway. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:327-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a mechanism for downregulation of the Imd pathway on the basis of the competition between PRGP-LCa and PGRP-LF to bind to PGRP-LCx. ..
- Davis M, Primrose D, Hodgetts R. A member of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase family is responsible for transcriptional induction of Dopa decarboxylase in the epidermis of Drosophila melanogaster during the innate immune response. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4883-95 pubmed publisher..We propose that the involvement of DDC in a new pathway involved in Drosophila immunity increases the levels of dopamine, which is metabolized to produce reactive quinones that exert an antimicrobial effect on invading bacteria. ..
- Tsai C, McGraw E, Ammar E, Dietzgen R, Hogenhout S. Drosophila melanogaster mounts a unique immune response to the Rhabdovirus sigma virus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:3251-6 pubmed publisher..These results highlight shared and unique aspects of the Drosophila immune response to the three viruses and may shed light on the nature of the interaction with the host and the evolution of these associations. ..
- Shin S, Kokoza V, Bian G, Cheon H, Kim Y, Raikhel A. REL1, a homologue of Drosophila dorsal, regulates toll antifungal immune pathway in the female mosquito Aedes aegypti. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16499-507 pubmed..bassiana. These results indicate that the homologue of Dl, but not that of Dif, is a key regulator of the Toll antifungal immune pathway in A. aegypti female mosquitoes. ..
- Jiggins F, Hurst G. The evolution of parasite recognition genes in the innate immune system: purifying selection on Drosophila melanogaster peptidoglycan recognition proteins. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:598-605 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interactions between these genes are unlikely to be the focus of host-parasite coevolution, at least in Drosophila. We also found evidence of gene conversion occurring between two genes, PGRP-SC1A and PGRP-SC1B...
- Douglas A, Bouvaine S, Russell R. How the insect immune system interacts with an obligate symbiotic bacterium. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:333-8 pubmed publisher..They support the proposed contribution of the Buchnera symbiosis to the evolution of the apparently reduced immune function in the aphid host. ..
- Sackton T, Lazzaro B, Clark A. Genotype and gene expression associations with immune function in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000797 pubmed publisher..These results show that polymorphism in genes near the top of the immune system signaling cascade can have a disproportionate effect on organismal phenotype due to the amplification of minor effects through the cascade. ..