Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PGRP-SC1b
Alias: CG8577, CT8705, Dmel\CG8577, PGRP SC, PGRP-SC, PGRP-SC1, PGRP-SC1B, SC1B, pgrp-sc1, PGRP-SC1b, CG8577-PA, CG8577-PB, PGRP-SC1b-PA, PGRP-SC1b-PB, Peptidoglycan-recognition protein-SC1b precursor
Species: fruit fly
- Jiggins F, Hurst G. The evolution of parasite recognition genes in the innate immune system: purifying selection on Drosophila melanogaster peptidoglycan recognition proteins. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:598-605 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interactions between these genes are unlikely to be the focus of host-parasite coevolution, at least in Drosophila. We also found evidence of gene conversion occurring between two genes, PGRP-SC1A and PGRP-SC1B.
- Jensen H, Scott I, Sims S, Trudeau V, Arnason J. The effect of a synergistic concentration of a Piper nigrum extract used in conjunction with pyrethrum upon gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:329-39 pubmed..melanogaster treated with at least two of the following treatments: P. nigrum, pyrethrum or P. nigrum plus pyrethrum. These are likely implicated in Drosophila defence responses to toxins...
- Lazzaro B, Sackton T, Clark A. Genetic variation in Drosophila melanogaster resistance to infection: a comparison across bacteria. Genetics. 2006;174:1539-54 pubmed..lactis and E. faecalis, respectively, most of the molecular polymorphisms tested explain <10% of the total variance in bacterial load sustained after infection...
- Ryu J, Kim S, Lee H, Bai J, Nam Y, Bae J, et al. Innate immune homeostasis by the homeobox gene caudal and commensal-gut mutualism in Drosophila. Science. 2008;319:777-82 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that a specific genetic deficiency within a host can profoundly influence the gut commensal microbial community and host physiology...
- Doroszuk A, Jonker M, Pul N, Breit T, Zwaan B. Transcriptome analysis of a long-lived natural Drosophila variant: a prominent role of stress- and reproduction-genes in lifespan extension. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:167 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that natural genetic variation for SR and lifespan can operate through similar transcriptional mechanisms as those of dietary restriction and life-extending mutations. ..
- Erkosar B, Storelli G, Mitchell M, Bozonnet L, Bozonnet N, Leulier F. Pathogen Virulence Impedes Mutualist-Mediated Enhancement of Host Juvenile Growth via Inhibition of Protein Digestion. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:445-55 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals the adaptability of host physiology to the microbial environment, whereby upon acute infection the host switches to pathogen-mediated host immune defense at the expense of mutualist-mediated growth promotion. ..
- Favrin G, Bean D, Bilsland E, Boyer H, Fischer B, Russell S, et al. Identification of novel modifiers of AÎ² toxicity by transcriptomic analysis in the fruitfly. Sci Rep. 2013;3:3512 pubmed publisher..In particular, we uncovered two new modifiers of the AÎ² phenotype, namely Sod3 and PGRP-SC1b.
- Wagner C, Isermann K, Fehrenbach H, Roeder T. Molecular architecture of the fruit fly's airway epithelial immune system. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:446 pubmed publisher..This architecture will allow reacting if confronted with different bacterial or fungal elicitors by activation of a multitude of effectors. ..
- Tsai C, McGraw E, Ammar E, Dietzgen R, Hogenhout S. Drosophila melanogaster mounts a unique immune response to the Rhabdovirus sigma virus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:3251-6 pubmed publisher..These results highlight shared and unique aspects of the Drosophila immune response to the three viruses and may shed light on the nature of the interaction with the host and the evolution of these associations. ..
- Mellroth P, Steiner H. PGRP-SB1: an N-acetylmuramoyl L-alanine amidase with antibacterial activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:994-9 pubmed..The bactericidal mode of action is thus different from non-enzymatic vertebrate PGRPs that have been reported to be antibacterial. ..
- Kanao T, Miyachi Y. Exposure to low-dose X-rays promotes peculiar autophagic cell death in Drosophila melanogaster, an effect that can be regulated by the inducible expression of Hml dsRNA. Mutat Res. 2006;595:60-8 pubmed..Thus, the animals subjected to low-dose X-rays activated autophagic processes, resulting in significantly faster adult eclosion. ..
- Lazzaro B, Sceurman B, Clark A. Genetic basis of natural variation in D. melanogaster antibacterial immunity. Science. 2004;303:1873-6 pubmed..Variation in these genes, therefore, seems to drive variability in immunocompetence among wild Drosophila. ..