Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: peb
Alias: CG12212, Dmel\CG12212, EG:66A1.1, EP55, HNT, Hin, Hind, Hnt, PEB, Peb, anon-4Cg, hnd, hnt, pebbled, CG12212-PA, CG12212-PB, hindsight, peb-PA, peb-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Vaccari T, Duchi S, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Bilder D. The vacuolar ATPase is required for physiological as well as pathological activation of the Notch receptor. Development. 2010;137:1825-32 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the ionic properties of the endosomal lumen might regulate Notch cleavage, providing a rationale for physiological as well as pathological endocytic control of Notch activity. ..
- Pickup A, Ming L, Lipshitz H. Hindsight modulates Delta expression during Drosophila cone cell induction. Development. 2009;136:975-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the zinc-finger transcription factor Hindsight (HNT) is required for normal cone-cell induction...
- Terriente Félix A, Li J, Collins S, Mulligan A, Reekie I, Bernard F, et al. Notch cooperates with Lozenge/Runx to lock haemocytes into a differentiation programme. Development. 2013;140:926-37 pubmed publisher..Functional studies of targets, such as klumpfuss (ERG/WT1 family) and pebbled/hindsight (RREB1 homologue), show that Notch acts both to prevent the cells adopting alternate cell fates and to promote ..
- Pickup A, Lamka M, Sun Q, Yip M, Lipshitz H. Control of photoreceptor cell morphology, planar polarity and epithelial integrity during Drosophila eye development. Development. 2002;129:2247-58 pubmedWe report that the hindsight (hnt) gene, which encodes a nuclear zinc-finger protein, regulates cell morphology, cell fate specification, planar cell polarity and epithelial integrity during Drosophila retinal development...
- Lai E. Drosophila tufted is a gain-of-function allele of the proneural gene amos. Genetics. 2003;163:1413-25 pubmed..This phenomenon seems instead to be related to their shared ability to activate Asense and Senseless. ..
- Meignin C, Alvarez Garcia I, Davis I, Palacios I. The salvador-warts-hippo pathway is required for epithelial proliferation and axis specification in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1871-8 pubmed..This work highlights a novel connection between cell proliferation, cell growth, and axis specification in egg chambers. ..
- Rajan A, Tien A, Haueter C, Schulze K, Bellen H. The Arp2/3 complex and WASp are required for apical trafficking of Delta into microvilli during cell fate specification of sensory organ precursors. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:815-24 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that WASp-dependent Arp2/3 actin polymerization is crucial for apical presentation of Delta, providing a mechanistic link between actin polymerization and Notch signalling...
- Rusten T, Rodahl L, Pattni K, Englund C, Samakovlis C, Dove S, et al. Fab1 phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase controls trafficking but not silencing of endocytosed receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3989-4001 pubmed..This is consistent with the possibility that Fab1 functions at a late stage in endocytic receptor trafficking, at a point when signal termination has occurred. ..
- Yip M, Lamka M, Lipshitz H. Control of germ-band retraction in Drosophila by the zinc-finger protein HINDSIGHT. Development. 1997;124:2129-41 pubmedDrosophila embryos lacking hindsight gene function have a normal body plan and undergo normal germ-band extension. However, they fail to retract their germ bands...
- Polesello C, Tapon N. Salvador-warts-hippo signaling promotes Drosophila posterior follicle cell maturation downstream of notch. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1864-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that the SWH network controls the expression of Hindsight, the downstream effector of Notch, required for follicle cell mitotic cycle-endocycle switch...
- Miles W, Jaffray E, Campbell S, Takeda S, Bayston L, Basu S, et al. Medea SUMOylation restricts the signaling range of the Dpp morphogen in the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2578-90 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results identify an unusual strategy for regulating morphogen range that, rather than impacting on the morphogen itself, targets an intracellular transducer...
- Monastirioti M, Giagtzoglou N, Koumbanakis K, Zacharioudaki E, Deligiannaki M, Wech I, et al. Drosophila Hey is a target of Notch in asymmetric divisions during embryonic and larval neurogenesis. Development. 2010;137:191-201 pubmed publisher..The availability of Hey as a Notch readout has allowed us to study Notch signalling during the genesis of secondary neurons in the larval central nervous system. ..
- Vosshall L, Young M. Circadian rhythms in Drosophila can be driven by period expression in a restricted group of central brain cells. Neuron. 1995;15:345-60 pubmed..When we genetically removed all external photoreceptor cells, rhythms persisted in these transgenic animals. This suggests that a few central brain cells producing glass and per are capable of generating biological rhythms. ..
- Yang M, Hatton Ellis E, Simpson P. The kinase Sgg modulates temporal development of macrochaetes in Drosophila by phosphorylation of Scute and Pannier. Development. 2012;139:325-34 pubmed publisher..We suggest that temporal control of ac-sc activity in cyclorraphous flies is likely to be regulated by permissive factors and might therefore not be encoded at the level of ac-sc gene sequences. ..
- Oliva C, Molina Fernández C, Maureira M, Candia N, LÃ³pez E, Hassan B, et al. Hindsight regulates photoreceptor axon targeting through transcriptional control of jitterbug/Filamin and multiple genes involved in axon guidance in Drosophila. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:1018-32 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the transcription factor HNT regulates layer-specific photoreceptor axon targeting in Drosophila through transcriptional control of jbug/Filamin ..
- Lin H, Schagat T. Neuroblasts: a model for the asymmetric division of stem cells. Trends Genet. 1997;13:33-9 pubmed..These findings are illuminating in understanding the general mechanism of stem cell division. ..
- Scuderi A, Letsou A. Amnioserosa is required for dorsal closure in Drosophila. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:791-800 pubmed
- Martin P, Wood W. Epithelial fusions in the embryo. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2002;14:569-74 pubmed..It is now clear that there are intriguing parallels with more complex morphogenetic tissue movements in vertebrates. ..
- Steinmann Zwicky M. Sex determination in Drosophila: the X-chromosomal gene liz is required for Sxl activity. EMBO J. 1988;7:3889-98 pubmed..This shows that SxlM1 is not truly expressed constitutively in animals with an X:A ratio of 0.5, but requires activity of liz for initiation or maintenance. ..
- Tian A, Deng W. Lgl and its phosphorylation by aPKC regulate oocyte polarity formation in Drosophila. Development. 2008;135:463-71 pubmed..Our studies suggest that Lgl and its phosphorylation by aPKC may form a conserved regulatory circuitry in polarization of various cell types. ..
- Pitsouli C, Perrimon N. Embryonic multipotent progenitors remodel the Drosophila airways during metamorphosis. Development. 2010;137:3615-24 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes the series of events that lead to the formation of an adult tubular structure in Drosophila. ..
- Han C, Yan D, Belenkaya T, Lin X. Drosophila glypicans Dally and Dally-like shape the extracellular Wingless morphogen gradient in the wing disc. Development. 2005;132:667-79 pubmed..We propose that Wg establishes its concentration gradient by a restricted diffusion mechanism involving Dally and Dlp in the wing disc. ..
- Yan Y, Denef N, Tang C, Schupbach T. Drosophila PI4KIIIalpha is required in follicle cells for oocyte polarization and Hippo signaling. Development. 2011;138:1697-703 pubmed publisher..In PI4KIIIalpha mutant follicle cells, Merlin fails to localize to the apical domain. Our analysis of PI4KIIIalpha mutants provides a new link in Hippo signal transduction from the cell membrane to its core kinase cascade. ..
- Barth J, Hafen E, Kohler K. The lack of autophagy triggers precocious activation of Notch signaling during Drosophila oogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:35 pubmed publisher..leads to a precocious activation of the Notch pathway in the FCs as monitored by the expression of Cut and Hindsight, two downstream effectors of Notch signaling...
- Frank L, Rushlow C. A group of genes required for maintenance of the amnioserosa tissue in Drosophila. Development. 1996;122:1343-52 pubmed..Using several molecular markers, we examined amnioserosa development in the ush-group mutants: u-shaped (ush), hindsight (hnt), serpent (srp) and tail-up (tup)...
- RÃos Barrera L, GutiÃ©rrez PÃ©rez I, DomÃnguez M, Riesgo Escovar J. acal is a long non-coding RNA in JNK signaling in epithelial shape changes during drosophila dorsal closure. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004927 pubmed publisher..Cka is a conserved scaffold protein that brings together JNK and Jun, and aop is a transcription factor. Misregulation of Cka and aop can account for dorsal closure phenotypes in acal mutants. ..
- Wisotzkey R, Quijano J, Stinchfield M, Newfeld S. New gene evolution in the bonus-TIF1-?/TRIM33 family impacted the architecture of the vertebrate dorsal-ventral patterning network. Mol Biol Evol. 2014;31:2309-21 pubmed publisher..Overall our data reveal that the architecture of the Dpp/BMP dorsal-ventral patterning network continued to evolve in the vertebrate lineage, after separation from flies, via the incorporation of new genes. ..
- Sawala A, Scarcia M, Sutcliffe C, Wilcockson S, Ashe H. Peak BMP Responses in the Drosophila Embryo Are Dependent on the Activation of Integrin Signaling. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1584-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that an Î±-integrin subunit is a BMP target gene, identifying positive feedback between integrin signaling and BMP pathway activity that may contribute to robust cell fate decisions. ..
- Beller M, Blanke S, Brentrup D, Jackle H. Identification and expression of Ima, a novel Ral-interacting Drosophila protein. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:289-96 pubmed..The gene is expressed in distinct spatiotemporal patterns throughout embryonic development. Overexpression of Ima interferes with normal Drosophila development, indicating that the gene functions in a tissue specific manner. ..
- Larsen C, Hirst E, Alexandre C, Vincent J. Segment boundary formation in Drosophila embryos. Development. 2003;130:5625-35 pubmed..In addition, Wingless signalling at the anterior of the domains of engrailed (and hedgehog) expression represses groove formation and thus ensures that segment boundaries form only at the posterior. ..
- Ge W, Deng Q, Guo T, Hong X, Kugler J, Yang X, et al. Regulation of pattern formation and gene amplification during Drosophila oogenesis by the miR-318 microRNA. Genetics. 2015;200:255-65 pubmed publisher..The multiple functions of miR-318 in oogenesis illustrate the importance of miRNAs in maintaining cell fate and in promoting the developmental transition in the female follicular epithelium. ..
- Strecker T, Yip M, Lipshitz H. Genetic control of cell fate in the termini of the Drosophila embryo. Dev Biol. 1992;150:422-6 pubmed..Genes that control dorsoventral pattern in the termini and genes that program terminal morphogenesis act in distinct branches of the genetic hierarchy that are independent of tailless. ..
- Newton F, Harris R, Sutcliffe C, Ashe H. Coordinate post-transcriptional repression of Dpp-dependent transcription factors attenuates signal range during development. Development. 2015;142:3362-73 pubmed publisher..Together our data serve as a platform for understanding how post-transcriptional repression restricts interpretation of BMPs and other cell signals in order to allow robust cell fate patterning during development. ..
- Takemura M, Adachi Yamada T. Cell death and selective adhesion reorganize the dorsoventral boundary for zigzag patterning of Drosophila wing margin hairs. Dev Biol. 2011;357:336-46 pubmed publisher..This may be a common mechanism for geometrically ordered repetitive packing of several types of cells in similarly patterned developmental fields such as the mammalian organ of Corti. ..
- Pallavi S, Kannan R, Shashidhara L. Negative regulation of Egfr/Ras pathway by Ultrabithorax during haltere development in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2006;296:340-52 pubmed..These results and other recent findings suggest that homeotic genes may regulate cell fate determination by directly regulating few steps at the top of the hierarchy of selected signal transduction pathways. ..
- Giraldez A, Copley R, Cohen S. HSPG modification by the secreted enzyme Notum shapes the Wingless morphogen gradient. Dev Cell. 2002;2:667-76 pubmed..High levels of Wingless signaling induce Notum expression. Thus, Wingless contributes to shaping its own gradient by regulating expression of a protein that modifies its interaction with cell surface proteoglycans. ..
- Weiss J, Suyama K, Lee H, Scott M. Jelly belly: a Drosophila LDL receptor repeat-containing signal required for mesoderm migration and differentiation. Cell. 2001;107:387-98 pubmed..jeb reveals a signaling process in which somatic muscle precursors support the proper migration and differentiation of visceral muscle cells. Later in embryogenesis, jeb is transcribed in neurons and Jeb protein is found in axons. ..
- Li Q, Shen L, Xin T, Xiang W, Chen W, Gao Y, et al. Role of Scrib and Dlg in anterior-posterior patterning of the follicular epithelium during Drosophila oogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:60 pubmed publisher..This study may open another window for elucidating role of scrib/dlg in controlling epithelial polarity and cell proliferation during development. ..
- Kazama H, Yaksi E, Wilson R. Cell death triggers olfactory circuit plasticity via glial signaling in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7619-30 pubmed publisher..By strengthening excitatory interactions between neurons in a deafferented brain region, this mechanism might help boost activity to compensate for lost sensory input. ..
- McConnell K, Dixon M, Calvi B. The histone acetyltransferases CBP and Chameau integrate developmental and DNA replication programs in Drosophila ovarian follicle cells. Development. 2012;139:3880-90 pubmed..Our results reveal a complexity of origin epigenetic regulation by multiple HATs during development and suggest that chromatin modifiers are a nexus that integrates differentiation and DNA replication programs. ..
- Flores Benitez D, Knust E. Crumbs is an essential regulator of cytoskeletal dynamics and cell-cell adhesion during dorsal closure in Drosophila. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Data presented here point to a critical role of Crumbs in regulating actomyosin dynamics, cell junctions and morphogenesis. ..
- Genevet A, Wehr M, Brain R, Thompson B, Tapon N. Kibra is a regulator of the Salvador/Warts/Hippo signaling network. Dev Cell. 2010;18:300-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Kibra is part of an apical scaffold that promotes SWH pathway activity. ..
- Gao X, Clandinin T, Luo L. Extremely sparse olfactory inputs are sufficient to mediate innate aversion in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125986 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the robustness of olfactory aversion, and suggest that its circuit mechanism is qualitatively different from attraction. ..
- Wilk R, Reed B, Tepass U, Lipshitz H. The hindsight gene is required for epithelial maintenance and differentiation of the tracheal system in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2000;219:183-96 pubmed..Here we show that the Drosophila Hindsight nuclear zinc-finger protein is required during tracheal morphogenesis for the maintenance of epithelial ..
- Baechler B, McKnight C, Pruchnicki P, Biro N, Reed B. Hindsight/RREB-1 functions in both the specification and differentiation of stem cells in the adult midgut of Drosophila. Biol Open. 2015;5:1-10 pubmed publisher..Using the Drosophila posterior midgut as a model, we have studied the function of the transcription factor Hindsight (Hnt)/RREB-1 and its relationship to the Notch and Egfr signaling pathways...
- Ming L, Wilk R, Reed B, Lipshitz H. Drosophila Hindsight and mammalian RREB-1 are evolutionarily conserved DNA-binding transcriptional attenuators. Differentiation. 2013;86:159-70 pubmed publisherThe Drosophila Hindsight (hnt) gene encodes a C2H2-type Zinc-finger protein, HNT, that plays multiple developmental roles including control of embryonic germ band retraction and regulation of retinal cell fate and morphogenesis...
- Raftery L, Sutherland D. Gradients and thresholds: BMP response gradients unveiled in Drosophila embryos. Trends Genet. 2003;19:701-8 pubmed..The transition between two gradients of different shape yields new insights into the progression of Drosophila dorsal-ventral patterning and raises new issues about the mechanisms of gradient formation. ..
- Oliva C, Sierralta J. Regulation of axonal development by the nuclear protein hindsight (pebbled) in the Drosophila visual system. Dev Biol. 2010;344:911-21 pubmed publisher..Using a misexpression screen we identified the gene hindsight as a gene involved in the process of acquisition of the neuronal morphogenesis in the Drosophila adult nervous ..
- Huang Y, Smith L, Poulton J, Deng W. The microRNA miR-7 regulates Tramtrack69 in a developmental switch in Drosophila follicle cells. Development. 2013;140:897-905 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal the important role miR-7 plays in developmental decision-making in association with signal-transduction pathways. ..
- Chang P, Hsiao Y, Tien A, Li Y, Pi H. Negative-feedback regulation of proneural proteins controls the timing of neural precursor division. Development. 2008;135:3021-30 pubmed publisher..As phyl is a direct transcriptional target of Ac and Sc, our data suggest that, in addition to mediating cell cycle arrest, proneural protein initiates a negative-feedback regulation to time the mitotic entry of neural precursors...
- Saint R, Wigley P. Developmental regulation of the cell cycle. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1992;2:614-20 pubmed..Surprisingly, developmental regulation is mediated at a variety of cell-cycle stages. Highly conserved cell-cycle control mechanisms provide a focus for studying the regulatory processes involved. ..
- Castro B, Barolo S, Bailey A, Posakony J. Lateral inhibition in proneural clusters: cis-regulatory logic and default repression by Suppressor of Hairless. Development. 2005;132:3333-44 pubmed publisher..Our work elucidates the regulatory logic by which N signaling and the proneural proteins cooperate to create the neural precursor/epidermal cell fate distinction during lateral inhibition...
- Ashe H, Mannervik M, Levine M. Dpp signaling thresholds in the dorsal ectoderm of the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2000;127:3305-12 pubmed..We also present evidence that the activation of Dpp/Scw target genes depends on the Drosophila homolog of the CBP histone acetyltransferase. ..
- Jacobs J. Perturbed glial scaffold formation precedes axon tract malformation in Drosophila mutants. J Neurobiol. 1993;24:611-26 pubmed..Longitudinal tracts had intersegmental interruptions in embryos mutant for hindsight and midline. In hindsight, there were intersegmental gaps in the glial scaffold...
- Troost T, Klein T. Sequential Notch signalling at the boundary of fringe expressing and non-expressing cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49007 pubmed publisher..Because of these additional properties, differential expression of the ligands, which has been a prerequisite to restrict Notch activation to the FB in the current model, is not required to restrict Notch signalling to the FB. ..
- Mitra K, Rikhy R, Lilly M, Lippincott Schwartz J. DRP1-dependent mitochondrial fission initiates follicle cell differentiation during Drosophila oogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:487-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, DRP1-dependent mitochondrial fission activity is a novel regulator of the onset of follicle cell differentiation during Drosophila oogenesis. ..
- Brodu V, Elstob P, Gould A. EGF receptor signaling regulates pulses of cell delamination from the Drosophila ectoderm. Dev Cell. 2004;7:885-95 pubmed..These findings illustrate how intercellular signaling and cell movements can generate multiple cycles of a cell behavior, despite individual cells experiencing only one cycle of receptor activation. ..
- Beller M, Blanke S, Brentrup D, Jackle H. Identification and expression of Ima, a novel Ral-interacting Drosophila protein. Mech Dev. 2002;119 Suppl 1:S253-60 pubmed..The gene is expressed in distinct spatiotemporal patterns throughout embryonic development. Overexpression of Ima interferes with normal Drosophila development, indicating that the gene functions in a tissue specific manner. ..
- Boube M, Llimargas M, Casanova J. Cross-regulatory interactions among tracheal genes support a co-operative model for the induction of tracheal fates in the Drosophila embryo. Mech Dev. 2000;91:271-8 pubmed
- Skalska L, Stojnic R, Li J, Fischer B, Cerda Moya G, Sakai H, et al. Chromatin signatures at Notch-regulated enhancers reveal large-scale changes in H3K56ac upon activation. EMBO J. 2015;34:1889-904 pubmed publisher..This intriguing example of a core histone modification increasing over short timescales may therefore underpin changes in chromatin accessibility needed to promote transcription following signalling activation. ..
- Mével Ninio M, Terracol R, Salles C, Vincent A, Payre F. ovo, a Drosophila gene required for ovarian development, is specifically expressed in the germline and shares most of its coding sequences with shavenbaby, a gene involved in embryo patterning. Mech Dev. 1995;49:83-95 pubmed..Our data show that the germline specific expression of ovo in females correlates with its function in oogenesis. This expression, however, is also observed in males in which ovo is not required. ..
- Rørth P. A modular misexpression screen in Drosophila detecting tissue-specific phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:12418-22 pubmed..Thus, biologically relevant phenotypes and genetic interactions are identified using this method. The screen is a powerful new tool for developmental genetics; similar approaches can also be developed for other organisms. ..
- Salz H. The genetic analysis of snf: a Drosophila sex determination gene required for activation of Sex-lethal in both the germline and the soma. Genetics. 1992;130:547-54 pubmed..In contrast, snf does appear to be essential for activation of Sex-lethal in the germline, as evidenced by its female-sterile phenotype. ..
- Wong C, Li R, Montell C, Venkatachalam K. Drosophila TRPML is required for TORC1 activation. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1616-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings delineate the interrelationship between the TRPML and TORC1 pathways and raise the intriguing possibility that a high-protein diet might reduce the severity of MLIV. ..
- Rebeiz M, Castro B, Liu F, Yue F, Posakony J. Ancestral and conserved cis-regulatory architectures in developmental control genes. Dev Biol. 2012;362:282-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that these stable motif architectures have been conserved intact from a deep ancestor, in part because they mediate a special mode of regulation that cannot be supplied by the other, unstable motif instances. ..
- Alexander S, Woodling N, Yedvobnick B. Insertional inactivation of the L13a ribosomal protein gene of Drosophila melanogaster identifies a new Minute locus. Gene. 2006;368:46-52 pubmed..The insert in the RpL13A coding region creates a classic Minute mutation which enhances Notch pathway wing phenotypes. This report adds RpL13A to the list of Drosophila ribosomal protein genes that cause Minute phenotypes when mutated. ..
- Poulton J, Huang Y, Smith L, Sun J, Leake N, Schleede J, et al. The microRNA pathway regulates the temporal pattern of Notch signaling in Drosophila follicle cells. Development. 2011;138:1737-45 pubmed publisher..Here we have uncovered a complex regulatory process in which the microRNA pathway promotes Notch activation by repressing Delta-mediated inhibition of Notch in follicle cells. ..
- Jia D, Tamori Y, Pyrowolakis G, Deng W. Regulation of broad by the Notch pathway affects timing of follicle cell development. Dev Biol. 2014;392:52-61 pubmed publisher..Notch induces the expression of zinc finger protein Hindsight and suppresses homeodomain protein Cut to regulate the mitotic/endocycle (ME) switch...
- Domanitskaya E, Schupbach T. CoREST acts as a positive regulator of Notch signaling in the follicle cells of Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:399-410 pubmed publisher..positively regulates Notch signaling, acting downstream of the proteolytic cleavage of Notch but upstream of Hindsight activity; the Hindsight gene is a Notch target that coordinates responses in the follicle cells...
- Denholm B, Sudarsan V, Pasalodos Sanchez S, Artero R, Lawrence P, Maddrell S, et al. Dual origin of the renal tubules in Drosophila: mesodermal cells integrate and polarize to establish secretory function. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1052-7 pubmed..Strikingly, the normal incorporation of stellate cells and the later physiological activity of the mature tubules depend on the activity of hibris, an ortholog of mammalian NEPHRIN. ..
- Legent K, Liu H, Treisman J. Drosophila Vps4 promotes Epidermal growth factor receptor signaling independently of its role in receptor degradation. Development. 2015;142:1480-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that Vps4 can promote EGFR activity through an endocytosis-independent mechanism. ..
- Li Q, Feng S, Yu L, Zhao G, Li M. Requirements of Lgl in cell differentiation and motility during Drosophila ovarian follicular epithelium morphogenesis. Fly (Austin). 2011;5:81-7 pubmed..Overall, we identify Lgl as an essential factor in regulating differentiation and morphogenetic movement of the ovarian epithelial follicle cells. ..
- PÃ©zier A, Jezzini S, Marie B, Blagburn J. Engrailed alters the specificity of synaptic connections of Drosophila auditory neurons with the giant fiber. J Neurosci. 2014;34:11691-704 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that En and Inv in JONs regulate both neuronal excitability and synaptic connectivity. ..
- Demerec M. Genetic Behavior of Euchromatic Segments Inserted into Heterochromatin. Genetics. 1940;25:618-27 pubmed
- Fernández B, Arias A, Jacinto A. Dpp signalling orchestrates dorsal closure by regulating cell shape changes both in the amnioserosa and in the epidermis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:884-97 pubmed..In summary, we show that Dpp plays a crucial role in coordinating the activity of the AS and its interactions with the LE cells during dorsal closure. ..
- Huang Y, Lu Y, Wu J, Chien C, Pi H. The COP9 signalosome converts temporal hormone signaling to spatial restriction on neural competence. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004760 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which nuclear hormone receptors cooperate with the deneddylation machinery to temporally shutdown downstream target gene expression, conferring a spatial restriction on neural competence at the PWM. ..
- Pi H, Huang Y, Chen I, Lin C, Yeh H, Pai L. Identification of 11-amino acid peptides that disrupt Notch-mediated processes in Drosophila. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:42 pubmed publisher..Thus, our discovery might provide insights into designing new therapeutic reagents for Notch-related diseases. ..
- Ross J, Shimmi O, Vilmos P, Petryk A, Kim H, Gaudenz K, et al. Twisted gastrulation is a conserved extracellular BMP antagonist. Nature. 2001;410:479-83 pubmed..We show that Tsgs from different species are functionally equivalent, and conclude that Tsg is a conserved protein that functions with SOG/chordin to antagonize BMP signalling. ..
- Stinchfield M, Takaesu N, Quijano J, Castillo A, Tiusanen N, Shimmi O, et al. Fat facets deubiquitylation of Medea/Smad4 modulates interpretation of a Dpp morphogen gradient. Development. 2012;139:2721-9 pubmed publisher..This study supports the hypothesis that the control of cellular responsiveness to TGF? signals at the level of Smad4 ubiquitylation is a conserved mechanism required for proper implementation of a morphogen gradient. ..