Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdi
Description: Protein disulfide isomerase
Alias: CG6988, Dmel\CG6988, Dpdi, EP(3)1022, PDI, dpdi, pdi, protein disulfide isomerase, CG6988-PA, CG6988-PE, Pdi-PA, Pdi-PE, disulfide isomerase, proline diisomerease, protein disulphide isomerase, protein-disulfide isomerase
Species: fruit fly
- Shimada Y, Burn K, Niwa R, Cooley L. Reversible response of protein localization and microtubule organization to nutrient stress during Drosophila early oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;355:250-62 pubmed publisher..This response implies a mechanism for preserving young egg chambers so that egg production can rapidly resume when nutrient availability improves. ..
- Hibbard K, O Tousa J. A role for the cytoplasmic DEAD box helicase Dbp21E2 in rhodopsin maturation and photoreceptor viability. J Neurogenet. 2012;26:177-88 pubmed publisher..The molecular genetic analysis described here reveals an unexpected role for the Dbp21E2 helicase and provides an experimental system to further characterize its function. ..
- Baumann O. Distribution of ryanodine receptor Ca(2+) channels in insect photoreceptor cells. J Comp Neurol. 2000;421:347-61 pubmed
- Chen C, Shim M, Chung J, Yoo H, Ha J, Kim J, et al. G-rich, a Drosophila selenoprotein, is a Golgi-resident type III membrane protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:1296-301 pubmed..The results showed that the C-terminus of the G-rich protein was exposed to the cytoplasm indicating it is a type III microsomal membrane protein. G-rich is the first selenoprotein identified in the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Lyalin D, Koles K, Roosendaal S, Repnikova E, Van Wechel L, Panin V. The twisted gene encodes Drosophila protein O-mannosyltransferase 2 and genetically interacts with the rotated abdomen gene encoding Drosophila protein O-mannosyltransferase 1. Genetics. 2006;172:343-53 pubmed..Our results establish the possibility of using Drosophila as a model system for studying molecular and genetic mechanisms of protein O-mannosylation during development. ..
- Walker M, Rylett C, Keen J, Audsley N, Sajid M, Shirras A, et al. Proteomic identification of Drosophila melanogaster male accessory gland proteins, including a pro-cathepsin and a soluble gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase. Proteome Sci. 2006;4:9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study has identified seven new secreted accessory gland proteins, including GGT-1, which was not recognised previously as a secreted accessory gland product...
- Kondylis V, Goulding S, Dunne J, Rabouille C. Biogenesis of Golgi stacks in imaginal discs of Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2308-27 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that we have developed an in vivo system to study the ecdysone-triggered Golgi stack biogenesis. ..
- Williams M, Klockars A, Eriksson A, Voisin S, Dnyansagar R, Wiemerslage L, et al. The Drosophila ETV5 Homologue Ets96B: Molecular Link between Obesity and Bipolar Disorder. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006104 pubmed publisher..Finally, a connection between the obesity-linked gene ETV5 and bipolar disorder emphasizes a functional relationship between obesity and BD at the molecular level. ..
- Snee M, Macdonald P. Bicaudal C and trailer hitch have similar roles in gurken mRNA localization and cytoskeletal organization. Dev Biol. 2009;328:434-44 pubmed publisher..The cages sequester Gurken protein, blocking its secretion and thus interfering with signaling of the follicle cells to specify dorsal fate. ..
- Giansanti M, Belloni G, Gatti M. Rab11 is required for membrane trafficking and actomyosin ring constriction in meiotic cytokinesis of Drosophila males. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:5034-47 pubmed..We propose that Gio and Fwd mediate Rab11 recruitment at the cleavage furrow and that Rab11 facilitates targeted membrane delivery to the advancing furrow. ..
- Wakefield S, Tear G. The Drosophila reticulon, Rtnl-1, has multiple differentially expressed isoforms that are associated with a sub-compartment of the endoplasmic reticulum. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:2027-38 pubmed..However, a significant reduction in life expectancy was seen in Rtnl1 mutant flies. This may point towards a possible protective role for reticulons against conditions of environmental stress. ..
- Myllyharju J, Kukkola L, Winter A, Page A. The exoskeleton collagens in Caenorhabditis elegans are modified by prolyl 4-hydroxylases with unique combinations of subunits. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29187-96 pubmed..The enzymes characterized from vertebrates and Drosophila are alpha(2)beta(2) tetramers, in which protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) serves as the beta subunit...
- Annunen P, Koivunen P, Kivirikko K. Cloning of the alpha subunit of prolyl 4-hydroxylase from Drosophila and expression and characterization of the corresponding enzyme tetramer with some unique properties. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6790-6 pubmed..the Caenorhabditis elegans enzyme is an alphabeta dimer, the beta subunit being identical to protein-disulfide isomerase (PDI)...
- Lighthouse D, Buszczak M, Spradling A. New components of the Drosophila fusome suggest it plays novel roles in signaling and transport. Dev Biol. 2008;317:59-71 pubmed publisher..In contrast, rab11 is required to maintain the germline stem cells, and to maintain the vesicle content of the spectrosome, suggesting that the fusome mediates intercellular signals that depend on the recycling endosome. ..
- Januschke J, Nicolas E, Compagnon J, Formstecher E, Goud B, Guichet A. Rab6 and the secretory pathway affect oocyte polarity in Drosophila. Development. 2007;134:3419-25 pubmed..Our results point to a possible connection between Rab protein-mediated secretion, organization of the cytoskeleton and mRNA transport. ..
- Rolls M, Satoh D, Clyne P, Henner A, Uemura T, Doe C. Polarity and intracellular compartmentalization of Drosophila neurons. Neural Dev. 2007;2:7 pubmed..In addition, we track EB1-GFP dynamics and determine microtubules in axons and dendrites have opposite polarity. We conclude that Drosophila will be a powerful system to study the establishment and maintenance of neuronal compartments. ..
- Yamakawa T, Yamada K, Sasamura T, Nakazawa N, Kanai M, Suzuki E, et al. Deficient Notch signaling associated with neurogenic pecanex is compensated for by the unfolded protein response in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:558-67 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the ER plays a previously unrecognized role in N signaling and that this ER function depends on pcx activity. ..
- Mecklenburg K, Takemori N, Komori N, Chu B, Hardie R, Matsumoto H, et al. Retinophilin is a light-regulated phosphoprotein required to suppress photoreceptor dark noise in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1238-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that RTP is a light-regulated phosphoprotein that organizes rhabdomeric components to suppress random activation of the phototransduction cascade and thus increases the signaling fidelity of dark-adapted photoreceptors. ..
- Herpers B, Rabouille C. mRNA localization and ER-based protein sorting mechanisms dictate the use of transitional endoplasmic reticulum-golgi units involved in gurken transport in Drosophila oocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5306-17 pubmed..We propose that this pretranslational mechanism could be a general way for targeted secretion in polarized cells, such as neurons. ..
- Pokrywka N, Payne Tobin A, Raley Susman K, Swartzman S. Microtubules, the ER and Exu: new associations revealed by analysis of mini spindles mutations. Mech Dev. 2009;126:289-300 pubmed publisher..ER organization was monitored using GFP-tagged versions of Reticulon-like1 and protein disulfide isomerase. Analyses of living cells indicate microtubule associations mediate the movement of ER components ..
- Röper K. Rtnl1 is enriched in a specialized germline ER that associates with ribonucleoprotein granule components. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1081-92 pubmed..As the ER is actively transported into the oocyte, this colocalization suggests a role for the Rtnl1-containing subdomain in anchoring the ribonucleoprotein complexes within and/or transporting them into the oocyte. ..