Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pcl
Alias: CG5109, Dmel\CG5109, PCL, l(2)s1859, pcl, polycomblike, CG5109-PA, CG5109-PB, Pcl-PA, Pcl-PB, Polycomb-like
Species: fruit fly
- Kassis J. Unusual properties of regulatory DNA from the Drosophila engrailed gene: three "pairing-sensitive" sites within a 1.6-kb region. Genetics. 1994;136:1025-38 pubmed..I propose that engrailed PS sites normally act to promote interactions between distantly located engrailed regulatory sites and the engrailed promoter. ..
- Friberg A, Oddone A, Klymenko T, Muller J, Sattler M. Structure of an atypical Tudor domain in the Drosophila Polycomblike protein. Protein Sci. 2010;19:1906-16 pubmed publisher..The Polycomblike (Pcl) protein is part of a histone methyltransferase complex (Pcl-PRC2) responsible for high levels of histone ..
- Soto M, Chou T, Bender W. Comparison of germline mosaics of genes in the Polycomb group of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1995;140:231-43 pubmed..Polycomb [E(Pc)], Additional sex combs (Asx), Posterior sex combs (Psc), Suppressor of zeste 2 [Su (z) 2] and Polycomblike (Pcl). The yeast recombinase (FLP) system was used to induce mitotic recombination in the maternal germline...
- Nekrasov M, Klymenko T, Fraterman S, Papp B, Oktaba K, Kocher T, et al. Pcl-PRC2 is needed to generate high levels of H3-K27 trimethylation at Polycomb target genes. EMBO J. 2007;26:4078-88 pubmed..and characterization of a distinct form of Drosophila PRC2 that contains the Polycomb group protein polycomblike (Pcl)...
- Campbell R, Sinclair D, Couling M, Brock H. Genetic interactions and dosage effects of Polycomb group genes of Drosophila. Mol Gen Genet. 1995;246:291-300 pubmed..The results support the idea that Additional sex combs (Asx), Pc, Polycomblike (Pcl), Posterior sex combs (Psc), Sex combs on midleg (Scm), and Sex combs extra (Sce) have similar functions ..
- Narbonne K, Besse F, Brissard Zahraoui J, Pret A, Busson D. polyhomeotic is required for somatic cell proliferation and differentiation during ovarian follicle formation in Drosophila. Development. 2004;131:1389-400 pubmed..Our results provide a new model system, the Drosophila ovary, in which the function of Pc-G genes, distinct from that of control of homeotic gene expression, can be explored. ..
- Papp B, Muller J. Histone trimethylation and the maintenance of transcriptional ON and OFF states by trxG and PcG proteins. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2041-54 pubmed
- Randsholt N, Maschat F, Santamaria P. polyhomeotic controls engrailed expression and the hedgehog signaling pathway in imaginal discs. Mech Dev. 2000;95:89-99 pubmed..We suggest that PcG targets are not exclusively regulated by an on/off mechanism, but that the PcG also exerts negative transcriptional control on active genes. ..
- Duncan I. Polycomblike: a gene that appears to be required for the normal expression of the bithorax and antennapedia gene complexes of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1982;102:49-70 pubmed..The effects of mutants in this gene, which is called Polycomblike (Pcl), suggest that its wild-type allele functions in the regulation of the bithorax gene complex (BX-C) and ..
- Breen T, Duncan I. Maternal expression of genes that regulate the bithorax complex of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 1986;118:442-56 pubmed..The genes studied include Additional sex combs (Asx), Polycomblike (Pcl), Sex comb extra (Sce), Sex comb on midleg (Scm), and lethal(4)29 [l(4)29]...
- Moazed D, O Farrell P. Maintenance of the engrailed expression pattern by Polycomb group genes in Drosophila. Development. 1992;116:805-10 pubmed
- Margueron R, Reinberg D. The Polycomb complex PRC2 and its mark in life. Nature. 2011;469:343-9 pubmed publisher..Recent studies of PRC2 have expanded our perspectives on its function and regulation, and uncovered a role for non-coding RNA in the recruitment of PRC2 to target genes. ..
- Tie F, Prasad Sinha J, Birve A, Rasmuson Lestander A, Harte P. A 1-megadalton ESC/E(Z) complex from Drosophila that contains polycomblike and RPD3. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3352-62 pubmed..a 1-MDa ESC/E(Z) complex that is distinguished from the 600-kDa complex by the presence of the PcG protein Polycomblike (PCL) and the histone deacetylase RPD3...
- Sato T, Russell M, Denell R. Homoeosis in Drosophila: a new enhancer of polycomb and related homoeotic mutations. Genetics. 1983;105:357-70 pubmed..In several respects the mutations extra sex comb, lethal(4)29, and Polycomblike resemble those at the Polycomb locus...
- Gibert J, Karch F, Schlotterer C. Segregating variation in the polycomb group gene cramped alters the effect of temperature on multiple traits. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001280 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, traits modulated by crm natural variants can differ markedly between Drosophila species, suggesting that temperature adaptation facilitates their evolution. ..
- Tillib S, Petruk S, Sedkov Y, Kuzin A, Fujioka M, Goto T, et al. Trithorax- and Polycomb-group response elements within an Ultrabithorax transcription maintenance unit consist of closely situated but separable sequences. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:5189-202 pubmed..Our results show that long-range maintenance of Ultrabithorax expression requires a complex element composed of cooperating modules, each capable of interacting with both positive and negative chromatin regulators. ..
- Weigmann K, Lehner C. Cell fate specification by even-skipped expression in the Drosophila nervous system is coupled to cell cycle progression. Development. 1995;121:3713-21 pubmed
- Ali J, Bender W. Cross-regulation among the polycomb group genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7737-47 pubmed..These multiple pathways of cross-regulation help to explain the large size of the Polycomb group family of genes, but they complicate the genetic analysis of any single member. ..
- Mihaly J, Hogga I, Gausz J, Gyurkovics H, Karch F. In situ dissection of the Fab-7 region of the bithorax complex into a chromatin domain boundary and a Polycomb-response element. Development. 1997;124:1809-20 pubmed
- Culi J, Aroca P, Modolell J, Mann R. jing is required for wing development and to establish the proximo-distal axis of the leg in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2006;173:255-66 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that jing encodes a transcriptional repressor that may participate in a subset of Pc-dependent activities during Drosophila appendage development. ..
- Kennison J, Tamkun J. Dosage-dependent modifiers of polycomb and antennapedia mutations in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:8136-40 pubmed..e., Sex combs reduced (Scr), Brista (Ba), trithorax (trx), Polycomb (Pc), Polycomblike (Pcl), and Sex comb on midleg (Scm)]...
- Calvo MartÃn J, Librado P, AguadÃ© M, Papaceit M, Segarra C. Adaptive selection and coevolution at the proteins of the Polycomb repressive complexes in Drosophila. Heredity (Edinb). 2016;116:213-23 pubmed publisher..substitution rate at the lineage ancestral to the obscura group species in most genes encoding subunits of the Pcl-PRC2 complex and in genes Sfmbt, Psc and Kdm2...
- Bantignies F, Grimaud C, Lavrov S, Gabut M, Cavalli G. Inheritance of Polycomb-dependent chromosomal interactions in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2406-20 pubmed..This suggests that transmission of nuclear architecture through cell division might contribute to inheritance of chromatin states in eukaryotes. ..
- Stankunas K, Berger J, Ruse C, Sinclair D, Randazzo F, Brock H. The enhancer of polycomb gene of Drosophila encodes a chromatin protein conserved in yeast and mammals. Development. 1998;125:4055-66 pubmed
- Jin L, Shim J, Yoon J, Kim B, Kim J, Kim Ha J, et al. Identification and functional analysis of antifungal immune response genes in Drosophila. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000168 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new class of genes involved in antifungal immune responses in Drosophila. ..
- Atchison L, Ghias A, Wilkinson F, Bonini N, Atchison M. Transcription factor YY1 functions as a PcG protein in vivo. EMBO J. 2003;22:1347-58 pubmed..Finally, we found that YY1, as well as Polycomb, required the co-repressor protein CtBP for repression in vivo. These results provide a mechanism for recruitment of vertebrate PcG complexes to DNA and demonstrate new functions for YY1. ..
- Shanower G, Muller M, Blanton J, Honti V, Gyurkovics H, Schedl P. Characterization of the grappa gene, the Drosophila histone H3 lysine 79 methyltransferase. Genetics. 2005;169:173-84 pubmed
- Faucheux M, Netter S, Bloyer S, Moussa M, Boissonneau E, Lemeunier F, et al. Advantages of a P-element construct containing MtnA sequences for the identification of patterning and cell determination genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;265:14-22 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that P[MTW] allows the tagging of patterning and cell determination genes, and thus provides a useful tool for identifying new developmental functions. ..
- Bai X, Larschan E, Kwon S, Badenhorst P, Kuroda M. Regional control of chromatin organization by noncoding roX RNAs and the NURF remodeling complex in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2007;176:1491-9 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate the importance of a local balance between modifying activities that promote and antagonize chromatin compaction within defined chromatin domains in higher organisms. ..
- Nuzhdin S, Reiwitch S. Are the same genes responsible for intra- and interspecific variability for sex comb tooth number in Drosophila?. Heredity (Edinb). 2000;84 ( Pt 1):97-102 pubmed..One intraspecific QTL mapped to the same interval as the QTL for interspecific differences between D. simulans and D. mauritiana. Whether or not these effects result from the same genes requires further examination. ..
- Henikoff S. Dosage-dependent modification of position-effect variegation in Drosophila. Bioessays. 1996;18:401-9 pubmed
- Jedlicka P, Mortin M, Wu C. Multiple functions of Drosophila heat shock transcription factor in vivo. EMBO J. 1997;16:2452-62 pubmed
- Tamkun J, Deuring R, Scott M, Kissinger M, Pattatucci A, Kaufman T, et al. brahma: a regulator of Drosophila homeotic genes structurally related to the yeast transcriptional activator SNF2/SWI2. Cell. 1992;68:561-72 pubmed..In addition, both brm and SNF2 contain a 77 amino acid motif that is found in other Drosophila, yeast, and human regulatory proteins and may be characteristic of a new family of regulatory proteins. ..
- Grossniklaus U, Paro R. Transcriptional silencing by polycomb-group proteins. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2014;6:a019331 pubmed publisher..PcG silencing is medically relevant as it is often observed in human disorders, including cancer, and tissue regeneration, which involve the reprogramming of PcG-controlled target genes. ..
- Orlando V, Paro R. Chromatin multiprotein complexes involved in the maintenance of transcription patterns. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1995;5:174-9 pubmed..The role of the trithorax-group factors is to counteract these repressed chromatin domains and thus to render the genes accessible to activating factors. ..
- Felsenfeld A, Kennison J. Positional signaling by hedgehog in Drosophila imaginal disc development. Development. 1995;121:1-10 pubmed..The results suggest that hedgehog protein acts in the wing as a signal to instruct neighboring cells to adopt fates appropriate to the region of the wing just anterior to the compartmental boundary. ..
- Lonie A, D ANDREA R, Paro R, Saint R. Molecular characterisation of the Polycomblike gene of Drosophila melanogaster, a trans-acting negative regulator of homeotic gene expression. Development. 1994;120:2629-36 pubmedThe Polycomblike gene of Drosophila melanogaster, a member of the Polycomb Group of genes, is required for the correct spatial expression of the homeotic genes of the Antennapaedia and Bithorax Complexes...
- Cryderman D, Morris E, Biessmann H, Elgin S, Wallrath L. Silencing at Drosophila telomeres: nuclear organization and chromatin structure play critical roles. EMBO J. 1999;18:3724-35 pubmed..Corresponding changes in the chromatin structure and inducible activity of an associated hsp26 transgene are observed. The data indicate that both nuclear organization and local chromatin structure play a role in this telomeric PEV. ..
- Fuse N, Matakatsu H, Taniguchi M, Hayashi S. Snail-type zinc finger proteins prevent neurogenesis in Scutoid and transgenic animals of Drosophila. Dev Genes Evol. 1999;209:573-80 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest that the Scutoid phenotype is due to an ectopic snail expression under the control of no-oceli enhancer, antagonizing neurogenesis through its inhibitory interaction with bHLH proteins. ..
- Roche S, Rio D. Trans-silencing by P elements inserted in subtelomeric heterochromatin involves the Drosophila Polycomb group gene, Enhancer of zeste. Genetics. 1998;149:1839-55 pubmed..These data suggest that pairing interactions between P elements, resulting in exchange of chromatin structures, may be a mechanism for controlling the expression and activity of P elements. ..
- Stauffer D, Howard T, Nyun T, Hollenberg S. CHMP1 is a novel nuclear matrix protein affecting chromatin structure and cell-cycle progression. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2383-93 pubmed..In a screen for conserved partners of the PcG protein Polycomblike (Pcl), we have identified a new protein, human CHMP1 (CHromatin Modifying Protein; CHarged Multivesicular body ..
- McKeon J, Slade E, Sinclair D, Cheng N, Couling M, Brock H. Mutations in some Polycomb group genes of Drosophila interfere with regulation of segmentation genes. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;244:474-83 pubmed..These results support a role for Pc genes in regulation of some segmentation genes, and suggest that esc may act differently from other Pc group genes. ..
- Tie F, Siebold A, Harte P. The N-terminus of Drosophila ESC mediates its phosphorylation and dimerization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:622-32 pubmed..but eliminates the 1 MDa ESC/E(Z) complex, which is distinguished from the former by the presence of the additional subunits PCL and RPD3. Thus, stability and perhaps assembly of larger ESC complexes may depend on ESC phosphorylation.
- Lewis E. The bithorax complex: the first fifty years. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:403-15 pubmed
- Hannah Alava A. INTERACTION OF NON-ALLELIC LOCI IN EXPRESSION OF THE EXTRA-SEXCOMB PHENOTYPE IN DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER. Z Vererbungsl. 1964;95:1-9 pubmed
- Hagstrom K, Muller M, Schedl P. A Polycomb and GAGA dependent silencer adjoins the Fab-7 boundary in the Drosophila bithorax complex. Genetics. 1997;146:1365-80 pubmed..The iab-7 PRE silencer is contained within a 0.8-kb fragment that spans a nuclease hypersensitive site, and silencing appears to depend on the chromatin remodeling protein, the GAGA factor. ..
- Santamaria P. Genesis versus epigenesis: the odd jobs of the Polycomb group of genes. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:463-9 pubmed..I argue that spatial modulation of the multimeric complexes formed by PcG products has played a role or escorted the genesis of species. ..
- Kavi H, Fernandez H, Xie W, Birchler J. Polycomb, pairing and PIWI--RNA silencing and nuclear interactions. Trends Biochem Sci. 2006;31:485-7 pubmed..These Pc-associated sequences are involved with the control of the proper expression of developmental HOX genes. ..
- Kehle J, Beuchle D, Treuheit S, Christen B, Kennison J, Bienz M, et al. dMi-2, a hunchback-interacting protein that functions in polycomb repression. Science. 1998;282:1897-900 pubmed..Genetic analyses show that dMi-2 participates in both Hunchback and Polycomb repression in vivo. Hence, recruitment of dMi-2 may serve as a link between repression of HOX genes by Hunchback and Polycomb proteins. ..
- Gonsalvez G, Praveen K, Hicks A, Tian L, Matera A. Sm protein methylation is dispensable for snRNP assembly in Drosophila melanogaster. RNA. 2008;14:878-87 pubmed publisher..In contrast, dart5 mutants displayed a strong synthetic lethal phenotype in the presence of a hypomorphic Smn mutation. We therefore conclude that dart5 is required for viability when SMN is limiting. ..
- Savla U, Benes J, Zhang J, Jones R. Recruitment of Drosophila Polycomb-group proteins by Polycomblike, a component of a novel protein complex in larvae. Development. 2008;135:813-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify a novel larval complex that contains the PcG protein Polycomblike (Pcl) that is distinct from PRC1 and PRC2 and which is also dependent on Pho and/or Phol for binding to the bxd ..
- Kingston R, Bunker C, Imbalzano A. Repression and activation by multiprotein complexes that alter chromatin structure. Genes Dev. 1996;10:905-20 pubmed..This implies a regulation of the activity of these complexes in response to developmental cues and further implies that the work to fully understand these complexes will occupy a generation of scientists. ..
- Chanas G, Maschat F. Tissue specificity of hedgehog repression by the Polycomb group during Drosophila melanogaster development. Mech Dev. 2005;122:975-87 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that hh repression by the PcG acts in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Holmes A, Weedmark K, Gloor G. Mutations in the extra sex combs and Enhancer of Polycomb genes increase homologous recombination in somatic cells of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2006;172:2367-77 pubmed..We propose that esc and E(Pc) mutants enhance homologous recombination by modulating the histone acetylation status of histone H4 at the double-strand break. ..
- Bengani H, Mendiratta S, Maini J, Vasanthi D, Sultana H, Ghasemi M, et al. Identification and Validation of a Putative Polycomb Responsive Element in the Human Genome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67217 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that PRE-PIK3C2B functions as a site of interaction for polycomb proteins. ..
- Remillieux Leschelle N, Santamaria P, Randsholt N. Regulation of larval hematopoiesis in Drosophila melanogaster: a role for the multi sex combs gene. Genetics. 2002;162:1259-74 pubmed..We propose that mxc provides one of the regulatory inputs in larval hematopoiesis that control normal rates of plasmatocyte and crystal lineage proliferation as well as normal rates and timing of hemocyte differentiation. ..
- Busturia A, Wightman C, Sakonju S. A silencer is required for maintenance of transcriptional repression throughout Drosophila development. Development. 1997;124:4343-50 pubmed..Silencing by MCP725 requires the Polycomb and the Polycomblike genes, indicating that it contains a Polycomb response element To investigate the mechanisms of transcriptional ..
- Apitz H, Salecker I. A region-specific neurogenesis mode requires migratory progenitors in the Drosophila visual system. Nat Neurosci. 2015;18:46-55 pubmed publisher..We propose that this neurogenesis mode is central for setting up a new proliferative zone to facilitate spatio-temporal matching of neurogenesis and connectivity across ganglia. ..
- Dura J, Brock H, Santamaria P. Polyhomeotic: a gene of Drosophila melanogaster required for correct expression of segmental identity. Mol Gen Genet. 1985;198:213-20 pubmed..ph interacts with three other similar mutations: Polycomb (Pc), Polycomblike (Pcl), and extra sex comb (esc), and acts as a dominant enhancer of Pc...
- Gaytán de Ayala Alonso A, Gutierrez L, Fritsch C, Papp B, Beuchle D, Muller J. A genetic screen identifies novel polycomb group genes in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;176:2099-108 pubmed..The results of the mutant screen reported here suggest that the majority of nonredundant Drosophila genes with strong classic PcG phenotypes have been identified. ..
- Simon J, Chiang A, Bender W, Shimell M, O Connor M. Elements of the Drosophila bithorax complex that mediate repression by Polycomb group products. Dev Biol. 1993;158:131-44 pubmed..by the genes Polycomb (Pc), extra sex combs (esc), Enhancer of zeste (E[z]), polyhomeotic (ph), Polycomb-like (Pcl), Sex comb on midleg (Scm), Posterior sex combs (Psc), and Additional sex combs (Asx), consistent with multiple Pc ..
- Kennison J, Russell M. Dosage-Dependent Modifiers of Homoeotic Mutations in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1987;116:75-86 pubmed..The dominant homoeotic phenotype of mutations at four loci involved in thoracic leg determination (Pc, Pcl, Antp and Scr) were quantitated in flies bearing a series of synthetic duplications covering more than 99% of the ..
- Mishra K, Chopra V, Srinivasan A, Mishra R. Trl-GAGA directly interacts with lola like and both are part of the repressive complex of Polycomb group of genes. Mech Dev. 2003;120:681-9 pubmed..These observations suggest a possible mechanism of how Trl-GAGA plays a role in maintaining the repressed state of target genes involving lolal, which may function as a mediator to recruit PcG complexes. ..
- Kennison J. The Polycomb and trithorax group proteins of Drosophila: trans-regulators of homeotic gene function. Annu Rev Genet. 1995;29:289-303 pubmed..The ZESTE protein may help to activate transcription by bringing distant cis-regulatory elements closer to promoter-bound proteins. ..
- Lopez A, Higuet D, Rosset R, Deutsch J, Peronnet F. corto genetically interacts with Pc-G and trx-G genes and maintains the anterior boundary of Ultrabithorax expression in Drosophila larvae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:572-83 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that corto maintains the anterior border of Ubx expression in third-instar larvae. We suggest that this regulation is accomplished through an interaction with the products of the Pc-G and trx-G genes. ..
- Coulson M, Robert S, Saint R. Drosophila starvin encodes a tissue-specific BAG-domain protein required for larval food uptake. Genetics. 2005;171:1799-812 pubmed..Our study provides the first report of an essential, developmentally regulated BAG-family gene. ..
- Saberi S, FarrÃ© P, Cuvier O, Emberly E. Probing long-range interactions by extracting free energies from genome-wide chromosome conformation capture data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:171 pubmed publisher..PCA filtering can improve the fit, and the predicted coupling energies lead to biologically meaningful insights for how various chromatin bound factors influence the stability of DNA loops in chromatin. ..
- Musselman C, Avvakumov N, Watanabe R, Abraham C, Lalonde M, Hong Z, et al. Molecular basis for H3K36me3 recognition by the Tudor domain of PHF1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1266-72 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that PHF1 can mediate deposition of the repressive H3K27me3 mark and acts as a cofactor in early DNA-damage response. ..
- Adler P, Charlton J, Brunk B. Genetic interactions of the suppressor 2 of zeste region genes. Dev Genet. 1989;10:249-60 pubmed..However, we have found that mutations in Su(z)2 do interact in a variety of interesting ways with mutations in Pc group genes. ..
- Bejarano F, Busturia A. Function of the Trithorax-like gene during Drosophila development. Dev Biol. 2004;268:327-41 pubmed..We also suggest that GAGA factor may not have a dual activator/repressor function. Rather, Trithorax-like mutations may produce dual loss of activation and loss of repression effects. ..
- Ballaré C, Lange M, Lapinaite A, Martin G, Morey L, Pascual G, et al. Phf19 links methylated Lys36 of histone H3 to regulation of Polycomb activity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1257-65 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the interaction of Phf19 with H3K36me2 and H3K36me3 is essential for PRC2 complex activity and for proper regulation of gene repression in embryonic stem cells. ..
- Furuyama T, Banerjee R, Breen T, Harte P. SIR2 is required for polycomb silencing and is associated with an E(Z) histone methyltransferase complex. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1812-21 pubmed..SIR2 is involved in the epigenetic inheritance of silent chromatin states mediated by the Drosophila Polycomb group proteins and is physically associated with a complex containing the E(Z) histone methyltransferase. ..
- Saget O, Forquignon F, Santamaria P, Randsholt N. Needs and targets for the multi sex combs gene product in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1998;149:1823-38 pubmed..We discuss these data in view of the numerous functions of PcG genes during development. ..
- Qi D, Jin H, Lilja T, Mannervik M. Drosophila Reptin and other TIP60 complex components promote generation of silent chromatin. Genetics. 2006;174:241-51 pubmed..This shows that the TIP60 complex can promote the generation of silent chromatin. ..
- Hirose F, Ohshima N, Shiraki M, Inoue Y, Taguchi O, Nishi Y, et al. Ectopic expression of DREF induces DNA synthesis, apoptosis, and unusual morphogenesis in the Drosophila eye imaginal disc: possible interaction with Polycomb and trithorax group proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7231-42 pubmed..These deletions should be useful to identify novel targets of DREF and its positive or negative regulators. ..
- Coulson M, Robert S, Eyre H, Saint R. The identification and localization of a human gene with sequence similarity to Polycomblike of Drosophila melanogaster. Genomics. 1998;48:381-3 pubmed..b>Polycomblike (Pcl) was the second PcG gene to be identified...
- Adler P, Martin E, Charlton J, Jones K. Phenotypic consequences and genetic interactions of a null mutation in the Drosophila Posterior Sex Combs gene. Dev Genet. 1991;12:349-61 pubmed..The differences in the phenotypes of the doubly mutant embryos allow us to eliminate one class of molecular models to explain the dramatic synergism seen with mutations in this group of genes. ..