Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pck
Alias: CG14779, Dmel\CG14779, EG:80H7.2, Mega, PCK, Pck, l(1)G0044, mega, pickel, CG14779-PA, CG14779-PC, CG14779-PD, megatrachea, pck-PA, pck-PC, pck-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Harder B, Schomburg A, Pflanz R, Küstner K, Gerlach N, Schuh R. TEV protease-mediated cleavage in Drosophila as a tool to analyze protein functions in living organisms. Biotechniques. 2008;44:765-72 pubmed publisher..Thereby, this technique is a powerful tool that allows the in vivo manipulation of selected proteins in a time- and tissue-specific manner. ..
- Bassett A, Azzam G, Wheatley L, Tibbit C, Rajakumar T, McGowan S, et al. Understanding functional miRNA-target interactions in vivo by site-specific genome engineering. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4640 pubmed publisher..These methods facilitate analysis of the direct phenotypic consequences resulting from blocking specific miRNA-MRE interactions at any point during development. ..
- Hall S, Bone C, Oshima K, Zhang L, McGraw M, Lucas B, et al. Macroglobulin complement-related encodes a protein required for septate junction organization and paracellular barrier function in Drosophila. Development. 2014;141:889-98 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies demonstrate that Mcr is a core component of epithelial SJs and also highlight an interesting relationship between innate immunity and epithelial barrier functions. ..
- Jaspers M, Pflanz R, Riedel D, Kawelke S, Feussner I, Schuh R. The fatty acyl-CoA reductase Waterproof mediates airway clearance in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2014;385:23-31 pubmed publisher..Considering its conservation throughout evolution, Waterproof orthologues may play a similar role in the vertebrate lung. ..
- Wu V, Beitel G. A junctional problem of apical proportions: epithelial tube-size control by septate junctions in the Drosophila tracheal system. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2004;16:493-9 pubmed..Possible tube-size functions of septate junctions include patterning of the apical extracellular matrix and regulation of conserved cell polarity genes such as Scribble and Discs Large. ..
- Oshima K, Fehon R. Analysis of protein dynamics within the septate junction reveals a highly stable core protein complex that does not include the basolateral polarity protein Discs large. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2861-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that formation of a stable SJ core complex is separable from its proper subcellular localization, and provide new insights into the complex processes that regulate epithelial polarity and assembly of the SJ. ..
- Caussinus E, Kanca O, Affolter M. Fluorescent fusion protein knockout mediated by anti-GFP nanobody. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:117-21 pubmed publisher..It is traceable, because the GFP tag can be used to monitor the protein knockout. In many cases, it is a ready-to-use solution, as GFP protein-trap stock collections are being generated in Drosophila melanogaster and in Danio rerio. ..
- Bätz T, Förster D, Luschnig S. The transmembrane protein Macroglobulin complement-related is essential for septate junction formation and epithelial barrier function in Drosophila. Development. 2014;141:899-908 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mcr represents a novel paradigm for investigating functional links between occluding junction formation and pathogen defense mechanisms. ..
- Wu V, Schulte J, Hirschi A, Tepass U, Beitel G. Sinuous is a Drosophila claudin required for septate junction organization and epithelial tube size control. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:313-23 pubmed
- Melnick M, Noll E, Perrimon N. The Drosophila stubarista phenotype is associated with a dosage effect of the putative ribosome-associated protein D-p40 on spineless. Genetics. 1993;135:553-64 pubmed..This phenomenon is reminiscent of the enhancing effect observed with Minute mutations, one of which, rp49, has previously been shown to encode a ribosomal protein. ..
- Laprise P, Paul S, Boulanger J, Robbins R, Beitel G, Tepass U. Epithelial polarity proteins regulate Drosophila tracheal tube size in parallel to the luminal matrix pathway. Curr Biol. 2010;20:55-61 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that Yrt, Cora, Crb, and Scrib operate independently of the Verm pathway. Our data support a model in which Cora and Yrt act through Crb to regulate epithelial tube size. ..
- Metta M, Schlotterer C. Non-random genomic integration - an intrinsic property of retrogenes in Drosophila?. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:114 pubmed publisher..Rather, we propose that the movement away from the X-chromosome represents a general property of retroposition in Drosophila. ..
- Furuse M, Tsukita S. Claudins in occluding junctions of humans and flies. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:181-8 pubmed..Interestingly, claudin-like molecules have recently been identified in septate junctions of Drosophila. Here, we present an overview of recent progress in claudin studies conducted in mammals and flies. ..
- Hildebrandt A, Pflanz R, Behr M, Tarp T, Riedel D, Schuh R. Bark beetle controls epithelial morphogenesis by septate junction maturation in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2015;400:237-47 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which Bark acts as a scaffold protein that mediates cell adhesion and mounting of SJ core complexes during cell rearrangement in tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Luschnig S, Bätz T, Armbruster K, Krasnow M. serpentine and vermiform encode matrix proteins with chitin binding and deacetylation domains that limit tracheal tube length in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:186-94 pubmed