Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pav
Alias: 0934/13, 0973/08, 2A12, 2A12MEL, CG1258, DmKLP1/pav, DmMKLP1, DmPAV, DmPav, Dmel\CG1258, KIF 23, KIF23, Mklp1, PAV, PAV-KLP, PAV-MKLP, PAV/KLP, Pav, Pav KLP, Pav-KLP, Pav-Klp, Pav-klp, PavKLP, anon-EST:fe2A12, anon2A12, group D, pav-KLP, pav-Klp, pavarotti, CG1258-PA, Kinesin-6, Kinesin6, Pavarotti-KLP, anon-fast-evolving-2A12, mitotic kinesin-like protein 1, pav-PA, pavarotti KLP, pavarotti kinesin-like protein, pavarroti
Species: fruit fly
- Riparbelli M, Callaini G, Glover D, Avides M. A requirement for the Abnormal Spindle protein to organise microtubules of the central spindle for cytokinesis in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:913-22 pubmed..Upon fertilisation, Asp is also recruited to the MTOC that nucleates the sperm aster. Asp is required for growth of the microtubules of the sperm aster, which in asp mutants remains diminutive and so prevents migration of the pronuclei. ..
- Adams R, Maiato H, Earnshaw W, Carmena M. Essential roles of Drosophila inner centromere protein (INCENP) and aurora B in histone H3 phosphorylation, metaphase chromosome alignment, kinetochore disjunction, and chromosome segregation. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:865-80 pubmed..DmINCENP and DmAurora B are not required for the correct localization of the kinesin-like protein Pavarotti (ZEN-4/CHO1/MKLP1) to the midbody at telophase...
- D Avino P, Savoian M, Capalbo L, Glover D. RacGAP50C is sufficient to signal cleavage furrow formation during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4402-8 pubmed..Thus, the GAP component of centralspindlin is both necessary and sufficient for furrow formation and ingression and astral microtubules provide a route for its delivery to the cleavage site. ..
- D Avino P, Archambault V, Przewloka M, Zhang W, Lilley K, Laue E, et al. Recruitment of Polo kinase to the spindle midzone during cytokinesis requires the Feo/Klp3A complex. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e572 pubmed..proteins Feo and Klp3A are required for Polo recruitment to the spindle midzone, but not the kinesin Pavarotti as previously thought...
- Mathe E, Inoue Y, Palframan W, Brown G, Glover D. Orbit/Mast, the CLASP orthologue of Drosophila, is required for asymmetric stem cell and cystocyte divisions and development of the polarised microtubule network that interconnects oocyte and nurse cells during oogenesis. Development. 2003;130:901-15 pubmed..The localisation of CLIP-190 to such microtubules and to the fusome is dependent upon Orbit/Mast to which it is complexed. ..
- Zavortink M, Contreras N, Addy T, Bejsovec A, Saint R. Tum/RacGAP50C provides a critical link between anaphase microtubules and the assembly of the contractile ring in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5381-92 pubmed..form furrows and fail to localise the key cytokinetic components Pebble (a RhoGEF), Aurora B kinase, Diaphanous, Pav-KLP and Anillin...
- Cabernard C, Prehoda K, Doe C. A spindle-independent cleavage furrow positioning pathway. Nature. 2010;467:91-4 pubmed publisher..We show that early and late furrow proteins (Pavarotti, Anillin, and Myosin) are localized to the neuroblast basal cortex at anaphase onset by a Pins cortical polarity ..
- Inoue Y, Savoian M, Suzuki T, Mathe E, Yamamoto M, Glover D. Mutations in orbit/mast reveal that the central spindle is comprised of two microtubule populations, those that initiate cleavage and those that propagate furrow ingression. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:49-60 pubmed..In contrast, peripheral MTs still probe the cortex and form regions of overlap that recruit the Pav-KLP motor and Aurora B kinase...
- Somma M, Fasulo B, Cenci G, Cundari E, Gatti M. Molecular dissection of cytokinesis by RNA interference in Drosophila cultured cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2448-60 pubmed..We show that double-stranded RNAs for anillin, acGAP, pavarotti, rho1, pebble, spaghetti squash, syntaxin1A, and twinstar all disrupt cytokinesis in S2 tissue culture cells, ..
- Gatt M, Glover D. The Drosophila phosphatidylinositol transfer protein encoded by vibrator is essential to maintain cleavage-furrow ingression in cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2225-35 pubmed..We discuss these defects in relation to multiple functions of phosphoinositol lipids in regulating actin dynamics and membrane synthesis. ..
- Inaba M, Yuan H, Salzmann V, Fuller M, Yamashita Y. E-cadherin is required for centrosome and spindle orientation in Drosophila male germline stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12473 pubmed publisher..We propose that E-cadherin orchestrates multiple aspects of stem cell behavior, including polarization of stem cells toward the stem cell-niche interface and adhesion of stem cells to the niche supporting cells. ..
- Resnick T, Satinover D, MacIsaac F, Stukenberg P, Earnshaw W, Orr Weaver T, et al. INCENP and Aurora B promote meiotic sister chromatid cohesion through localization of the Shugoshin MEI-S332 in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2006;11:57-68 pubmed..These results implicate the chromosomal passenger complex in directly regulating MEI-S332 localization and, therefore, the control of sister chromatid cohesion in meiosis. ..
- Giet R, Glover D. Drosophila aurora B kinase is required for histone H3 phosphorylation and condensin recruitment during chromosome condensation and to organize the central spindle during cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:669-82 pubmed..This is accompanied by a failure to correctly localize the Pavarotti kinesin-like protein, essential for this process...
- D Avino P, Savoian M, Glover D. Mutations in sticky lead to defective organization of the contractile ring during cytokinesis and are enhanced by Rho and suppressed by Rac. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:61-71 pubmed..Similar genetic evidence indicates that RacGAP50C inhibits Rac during cytokinesis. We discuss that antagonism between Rho and Rac pathways may control contractile ring dynamics during cytokinesis. ..
- Minestrini G, Harley A, Glover D. Localization of Pavarotti-KLP in living Drosophila embryos suggests roles in reorganizing the cortical cytoskeleton during the mitotic cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4028-38 pubmedPav-KLP is the Drosophila member of the MKLP1 family essential for cytokinesis...
- Minestrini G, Mathe E, Glover D. Domains of the Pavarotti kinesin-like protein that direct its subcellular distribution: effects of mislocalisation on the tubulin and actin cytoskeleton during Drosophila oogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:725-36 pubmedThe kinesin-like protein encoded by pavarotti (Pav-KLP) is essential for cytokinesis and associates with the central part of the late mitotic spindle and interphase nuclei in somatic cells (Adams et al., 1988)...
- Ebrahimi S, Fraval H, Murray M, Saint R, Gregory S. Polo kinase interacts with RacGAP50C and is required to localize the cytokinesis initiation complex. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28667-73 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Polo kinase, RacGAP50C and Pav-KLP fail to localize normally, instead decorating microtubules along their length...
- Vale R, Spudich J, Griffis E. Dynamics of myosin, microtubules, and Kinesin-6 at the cortex during cytokinesis in Drosophila S2 cells. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:727-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest models for how Kinesin-6 might define the position of cortical myosin during cytokinesis. ..
- Pearson J, Godinho S, Tavares A, Glover D. Heterologous expression of mammalian Plk1 in Drosophila reveals divergence from Polo during late mitosis. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:770-81 pubmed..Consistent with this hypothesis, we observed defects in the cortical recruitment of myosin and myosin regulatory light chain in Polo deficient cells. ..
- Carmena M, Riparbelli M, Minestrini G, Tavares A, Adams R, Callaini G, et al. Drosophila polo kinase is required for cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:659-71 pubmed..This is accompanied by a failure to correctly localize the Pavarotti kinesin- like protein that functions in cytokinesis, and of the septin Peanut and of actin to be incorporated ..
- Yadlapalli S, Cheng J, Yamashita Y. Drosophila male germline stem cells do not asymmetrically segregate chromosome strands. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:933-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that asymmetric centrosome segregation in stem cells does not necessarily lead to asymmetric chromosome strand segregation. ..
- Cheng J, Tiyaboonchai A, Yamashita Y, Hunt A. Asymmetric division of cyst stem cells in Drosophila testis is ensured by anaphase spindle repositioning. Development. 2011;138:831-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that dynamic spindle repositioning allows CySCs to divide asymmetrically while accommodating the structure of the GSCs they encapsulate. ..
- Kitazawa D, Matsuo T, Kaizuka K, Miyauchi C, Hayashi D, Inoue Y. Orbit/CLASP is required for myosin accumulation at the cleavage furrow in Drosophila male meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93669 pubmed publisher..Orbit was also necessary for the maintenance of the CR. Our data suggest that Orbit plays an essential role as a connector between MTs and the CR in Drosophila male meiosis. ..
- Wu V, Beitel G. A junctional problem of apical proportions: epithelial tube-size control by septate junctions in the Drosophila tracheal system. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2004;16:493-9 pubmed..Possible tube-size functions of septate junctions include patterning of the apical extracellular matrix and regulation of conserved cell polarity genes such as Scribble and Discs Large. ..
- Takeda T, Robinson I, Savoian M, Griffiths J, Whetton A, McMahon H, et al. Drosophila F-BAR protein Syndapin contributes to coupling the plasma membrane and contractile ring in cytokinesis. Open Biol. 2013;3:130081 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dephosphorylated form of Syndapin mediates both remodelling of the plasma membrane and its proper coupling to the cytokinetic machinery. ..
- Franch Marro X, Martin N, Averof M, Casanova J. Association of tracheal placodes with leg primordia in Drosophila and implications for the origin of insect tracheal systems. Development. 2006;133:785-90 pubmed..We propose an evolutionary scenario that accommodates the available data. ..
- Ong S, Foote C, Tan C. Mutations of DMYPT cause over constriction of contractile rings and ring canals during Drosophila germline cyst formation. Dev Biol. 2010;346:161-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that there may be two parallel mechanisms to prevent the contractile rings from being completely closed, physical resistance and inhibition of myosin II activity via DMYPT. ..
- Meyer H, Panz M, Albrecht S, Drechsler M, Wang S, Hüsken M, et al. Drosophila metalloproteases in development and differentiation: the role of ADAM proteins and their relatives. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:770-8 pubmed publisher..Herein we summarize our results with a particular focus on metalloproteases with known or potential roles in tissue differentiation. ..
- Riparbelli M, Callaini G. Male gametogenesis without centrioles. Dev Biol. 2011;349:427-39 pubmed publisher..Spindle formation during germ cell mitosis may be successfully supported by an acentrosomal pathway that is inadequate to warrant the proper execution of meiosis...
- Jiang L, Crews S. Dysfusion transcriptional control of Drosophila tracheal migration, adhesion, and fusion. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6547-56 pubmed..These results indicate that fusion cells undergo dynamic changes in gene expression as they switch from migratory to fusion modes and that dysfusion regulates a discrete, but important, set of these genes. ..
- Dobie K, Kennedy C, Velasco V, McGrath T, Weko J, Patterson R, et al. Identification of chromosome inheritance modifiers in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2001;157:1623-37 pubmed..genes with previously described inheritance functions, including wings apart-like (wapl), centrosomin (cnn), and pavarotti (pav)...
- Ahmad S, Tansey T, Busser B, Nolte M, Jeffries N, Gisselbrecht S, et al. Two forkhead transcription factors regulate the division of cardiac progenitor cells by a Polo-dependent pathway. Dev Cell. 2012;23:97-111 pubmed publisher..This pathway demonstrates how transcription factors integrate diverse developmental processes during organogenesis. ..
- Menant A, Karess R. Inducing "cytokinesis" without mitosis in unfertilized Drosophila eggs. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2856-63 pubmed publisher..anaphase central spindle and its associated signaling complex called centralspindlin, composed of MgcRacGap and MKLP1. Centralspindlin has the capacity to induce furrowing of the cell cortex by promoting the localized activation of ..
- Nigg E. Polo-like kinases: positive regulators of cell division from start to finish. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1998;10:776-83 pubmed..Finally, recent evidence implicates Plks in the temporal and spatial coordination of cytokinesis. ..
- Riparbelli M, Inoue Y, Glover D, Callaini G. parva germina, A gene involved in germ cell maintenance during male and female Drosophila gametogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:835-44 pubmed..These observations suggest that the pag gene product is involved in germ cell maintenance in both male and female gametogenesis. ..
- Guerin C, Kramer S. RacGAP50C directs perinuclear gamma-tubulin localization to organize the uniform microtubule array required for Drosophila myotube extension. Development. 2009;136:1411-21 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel postmitotic function for the cytokinesis proteins RacGAP50C (Tumbleweed) and Pavarotti as essential regulators of MT organization during Drosophila myogenesis...
- Schmid K, Tautz D. Sequence and expression of DmMKLP1, a homolog of the human MKLP1 kinesin-like protein from Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genes Evol. 1998;208:474-6 pubmedWe have isolated the Drosophila gene DmMKLP1, which has a high similarity to members of the mitotic kinesin-like subfamily of kinesin proteins...
- Tonning A, Helms S, Schwarz H, Uv A, Moussian B. Hormonal regulation of mummy is needed for apical extracellular matrix formation and epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:331-41 pubmed
- Prigent C, Glover D, Giet R. Drosophila Nek2 protein kinase knockdown leads to centrosome maturation defects while overexpression causes centrosome fragmentation and cytokinesis failure. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:1-13 pubmed..We discuss potential roles for DmNek2 in maintaining centrosome integrity in mitosis, during cytokinesis, and consequently for the fidelity of chromosome segregation. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Fraschini R, Capalbo L, Gottardo M, Belloni G, et al. Rab1 interacts with GOLPH3 and controls Golgi structure and contractile ring constriction during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Open Biol. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab1, by associating with GOLPH3, controls membrane trafficking and contractile ring constriction during cytokinesis. ..
- MuÃ±oz Soriano V, Santos D, Durupt F, Casani S, Paricio N. Scabrous overexpression in the eye affects R3/R4 cell fate specification and inhibits notch signaling. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:166-74 pubmed publisher..We also found that microtubule motors and other proteins involved in intracellular transport are related with Sca function. ..
- Riparbelli M, Massarelli C, Robbins L, Callaini G. The abnormal spindle protein is required for germ cell mitosis and oocyte differentiation during Drosophila oogenesis. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:96-106 pubmed
- Crest J, Concha Moore K, Sullivan W. RhoGEF and positioning of rappaport-like furrows in the early Drosophila embryo. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2037-41 pubmed publisher..Their positioning is explained by our finding that the conserved central spindle components centralspindlin (mKLP1 and RacGAP50C), Polo, and Fascetto (Prc1) localize to the astral microtubule overlap region...
- Unhavaithaya Y, Park E, Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. Drosophila embryonic cell-cycle mutants. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1875-80 pubmed publisher..We identified mutations in the pavarotti (pav) and tumbleweed (tum) genes needed for cytokinesis by a phenotype of large and multinucleate cells in the ..
- Delcros J, Prigent C, Giet R. Dynactin targets Pavarotti-KLP to the central spindle during anaphase and facilitates cytokinesis in Drosophila S2 cells. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4431-41 pubmed..b>Pavarotti-KLP, a component of the centralspindlin complex required for the formation of stable microtubule bundles, was ..
- Vendra G, Hamilton R, Davis I. Dynactin suppresses the retrograde movement of apically localized mRNA in Drosophila blastoderm embryos. RNA. 2007;13:1860-7 pubmed
- Araújo S, Aslam H, Tear G, Casanova J. mummy/cystic encodes an enzyme required for chitin and glycan synthesis, involved in trachea, embryonic cuticle and CNS development--analysis of its role in Drosophila tracheal morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;288:179-93 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these new data in the mechanism of size control in the Drosophila trachea. ..
- McLaughlin C, Nechipurenko I, Liu N, Broihier H. A Toll receptor-FoxO pathway represses Pavarotti/MKLP1 to promote microtubule dynamics in motoneurons. J Cell Biol. 2016;214:459-74 pubmed publisher..On the downstream side, we find that Toll-6-FoxO signaling represses the mitotic kinesin Pavarotti/MKLP1 (Pav-KLP), which itself attenuates microtubule (MT) dynamics...
- Afonso O, Matos I, Pereira A, Aguiar P, Lampson M, Maiato H. Feedback control of chromosome separation by a midzone Aurora B gradient. Science. 2014;345:332-336 pubmed publisher..This allows the correction and reintegration of lagging chromosomes in the main nuclei before completion of NER...
- Endow S. Microtubule motors in spindle and chromosome motility. Eur J Biochem. 1999;262:12-8 pubmed..The identification of microtubule motors that function in chromosome distribution represents a major advance in understanding the forces that underlie chromosome and spindle movements during cell division. ..
- Tögel M, Pass G, Paululat A. The Drosophila wing hearts originate from pericardial cells and are essential for wing maturation. Dev Biol. 2008;318:29-37 pubmed publisher..This indicates that wing hearts are required for proper wing morphogenesis and functionality. ..
- Yadlapalli S, Yamashita Y. Chromosome-specific nonrandom sister chromatid segregation during stem-cell division. Nature. 2013;498:251-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that nonrandom sister chromatid segregation may serve to transmit distinct information carried on two sister chromatids to the daughters of asymmetrically dividing stem cells. ..
- Bassi Z, Audusseau M, Riparbelli M, Callaini G, D Avino P. Citron kinase controls a molecular network required for midbody formation in cytokinesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9782-7 pubmed publisher..directly with two kinesins, Nebbish [the fly counterpart of human kinesin family member 14 (KIF14)] and Pavarotti [the Drosophila ortholog of human mitotic kinesin-like protein 1 (MKLP1)], and that in turn these kinesins ..
- Tao L, Fasulo B, Warecki B, Sullivan W. Tum/RacGAP functions as a switch activating the Pav/kinesin-6 motor. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11182 pubmed publisher..Drosophila centralspindlin consists of a kinesin-6 motor (Pav/kinesin-6) and a GTPase-activating protein (Tum/RacGAP)...
- Jang J, Rahman T, McKim K. The kinesinlike protein Subito contributes to central spindle assembly and organization of the meiotic spindle in Drosophila oocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4684-94 pubmed..a kinesinlike protein and associates with the meiotic central spindle, consistent with its classification in the Kinesin 6/MKLP1 family...
- Riparbelli M, Callaini G. The meiotic spindle of the Drosophila oocyte: the role of centrosomin and the central aster. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2827-36 pubmed..This region has the ability to bind the Pavarotti kinesin-like (PAV-KLP) and Abnormal spindle (Asp) proteins, indicating a correct organization of the central ..
- Haglund K, Nezis I, Lemus D, Grabbe C, Wesche J, Liestøl K, et al. Cindr interacts with anillin to control cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Curr Biol. 2010;20:944-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cindr and Anillin cooperate to promote intercellular bridge stability during incomplete cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Belloni G, Giansanti M. The roles of the oncoprotein GOLPH3 in contractile ring assembly and membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:117-21 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been linked with pre-malignant disease and cancer, the novel connection between GOLPH3 and cytokinesis imposes new fields of investigation in cancer biology and therapy. ..
- Jones W, Chao A, Zavortink M, Saint R, Bejsovec A. Cytokinesis proteins Tum and Pav have a nuclear role in Wnt regulation. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2179-89 pubmed publisher..The fly homolog of RacGAP1, Tumbleweed (Tum)/RacGAP50C, and its binding partner, the kinesin-like protein Pavarotti (Pav), negatively regulate Wnt activity in fly embryos and in cultured mammalian cells...
- Bellotto M, Bopp D, Senti K, Burke R, Deak P, Maroy P, et al. Maternal-effect loci involved in Drosophila oogenesis and embryogenesis: P element-induced mutations on the third chromosome. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:149-57 pubmed
- Gwack Y, Srikanth S, Feske S, Cruz Guilloty F, Oh Hora M, Neems D, et al. Biochemical and functional characterization of Orai proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16232-43 pubmed..Together, these data establish Orai1 as a predominant mediator of store-operated calcium entry, proliferation, and cytokine production in T cells. ..
- Luschnig S, Bätz T, Armbruster K, Krasnow M. serpentine and vermiform encode matrix proteins with chitin binding and deacetylation domains that limit tracheal tube length in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2006;16:186-94 pubmed
- Sfregola M. Centralspindlin is required for thorax development during Drosophila metamorphosis. Genesis. 2014;52:387-98 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the emerging role of centralspindlin in regulating cell migration and cell adhesion in addition to its previously known function during cytokinesis. ..
- Roth M, Roubinet C, IfflÃ¤nder N, Ferrand A, Cabernard C. Asymmetrically dividing Drosophila neuroblasts utilize two spatially and temporally independent cytokinesis pathways. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6551 pubmed publisher..These results support the model that two spatially and temporally separate pathways control different key aspects during asymmetric cell division, ensuring correct cell fate determinant segregation and neuroblast self-renewal. ..
- Riparbelli M, Callaini G. Assembly of yolk spindles in the early Drosophila embryo. Mech Dev. 2003;120:441-54 pubmed..The presence of normal and abnormal centrosomes in the same cytoplasm provides an useful model for investigating the common regulators of the nucleus and centrosome cycle which ensure precise spindle pole duplication. ..
- Dagenbach E, Endow S. A new kinesin tree. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3-7 pubmed
- Chittaranjan S, Xu J, Kuzyk M, Dullat H, Wilton J, Devorkin L, et al. The Drosophila TIPE family member Sigmar interacts with the Ste20-like kinase Misshapen and modulates JNK signaling, cytoskeletal remodeling and autophagy. Biol Open. 2015;4:672-84 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings link Sigmar to the JNK pathway, cytoskeletal remodeling and autophagy activity during salivary gland development, and provide new insights into TIPE family member function. ..
- Goldstein A, Jan Y, Luo L. Function and regulation of Tumbleweed (RacGAP50C) in neuroblast proliferation and neuronal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3834-9 pubmedDrosophila RacGAP50C and its homologues act as part of a complex with a kinesin-like protein (Pavarotti/Zen-4) that is essential for the formation of the central spindle and completion of cytokinesis [Mishima, M., Kaitna, S...
- Del Castillo U, Lu W, Winding M, Lakonishok M, Gelfand V. Pavarotti/MKLP1 regulates microtubule sliding and neurite outgrowth in Drosophila neurons. Curr Biol. 2015;25:200-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we have identified the "mitotic" kinesin-6 Pavarotti (Pav-KLP) as an inhibitor of kinesin-1-driven microtubule sliding...