Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: otk
Alias: CG8967, CT25769, DTrk, Dmel\CG8967, Dtkr, Dtrk, IGGtyk, OFT/TRK, OTK, Otk, Tk48D, Trk48D, anon-WO2004063362.81, dTrk, off-track, CG8967-PA, CG8967-PB, Off-track, off track, otk-PA, otk-PB, tyrosine kinase at 48D
Species: fruit fly
- Charron F, Tessier Lavigne M. Novel brain wiring functions for classical morphogens: a role as graded positional cues in axon guidance. Development. 2005;132:2251-62 pubmed
- Torban E, Kor C, Gros P. Van Gogh-like2 (Strabismus) and its role in planar cell polarity and convergent extension in vertebrates. Trends Genet. 2004;20:570-7 pubmed..This review will summarize recent findings documenting the involvement of Stbm (Vangl2) and associated proteins in planar cell polarity, non-canonical Wnt signaling and convergent extension movements. ..
- Bashaw G. Semaphorin signaling unplugged; a nervy AKAP cAMP(s) out on plexin. Neuron. 2004;42:363-6 pubmed
- Suga H, Kuma K, Iwabe N, Nikoh N, Ono K, Koyanagi M, et al. Intermittent divergence of the protein tyrosine kinase family during animal evolution. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:540-6 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the PTKs diverged intermittently, but not gradually, during animal evolution. ..
- Steller H, Grether M. Programmed cell death in Drosophila. Neuron. 1994;13:1269-74 pubmed
- Bieber A. Analysis of cellular adhesion in cultured cells. Methods Cell Biol. 1994;44:683-96 pubmed
- Castellani V, Rougon G. Control of semaphorin signaling. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2002;12:532-41 pubmed
- Armstrong J, Texada M, Munjaal R, Baker D, Beckingham K. Gravitaxis in Drosophila melanogaster: a forward genetic screen. Genes Brain Behav. 2006;5:222-39 pubmed..One gene (yuri) located close to a known locus for gravitaxis has been the subject of more extensive analysis including confirmation by transgenic rescue. ..
- Magwire M, Fabian D, Schweyen H, Cao C, Longdon B, Bayer F, et al. Genome-wide association studies reveal a simple genetic basis of resistance to naturally coevolving viruses in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003057 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that selection for resistance to infectious disease can increase genetic variation by increasing the frequency of major-effect alleles, and this has resulted in a simple genetic basis to variation in virus resistance. ..
- Terman J, Kolodkin A. Nervy links protein kinase a to plexin-mediated semaphorin repulsion. Science. 2004;303:1204-7 pubmed..Thus, Nervy couples cAMP-PKA signaling to PlexA to regulate Sema-1a-mediated axonal repulsion, revealing a simple molecular mechanism that allows growing axons to integrate inputs from multiple guidance cues. ..
- Sopko R, Perrimon N. Receptor tyrosine kinases in Drosophila development. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2013;5: pubmed publisher..In this comprehensive review, we summarize what is known regarding each receptor tyrosine kinase during Drosophila development. Astonishingly, very little is known for approximately half of all Drosophila receptor tyrosine kinases. ..
- Oliva C, Molina Fernández C, Maureira M, Candia N, LÃ³pez E, Hassan B, et al. Hindsight regulates photoreceptor axon targeting through transcriptional control of jitterbug/Filamin and multiple genes involved in axon guidance in Drosophila. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:1018-32 pubmed publisher..Functional analysis confirmed the role of OTK/PTK7 in photoreceptor axon targeting and uncovered Tiggrin, an integrin ligand, and Jbug/Filamin, a conserved actin-..
- Meltzer S, Yadav S, Lee J, Soba P, Younger S, Jin P, et al. Epidermis-Derived Semaphorin Promotes Dendrite Self-Avoidance by Regulating Dendrite-Substrate Adhesion in Drosophila Sensory Neurons. Neuron. 2016;89:741-55 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel role for semaphorins in dendrite patterning and illustrate how epidermal-derived cues regulate neural circuit assembly. ..
- Guven Ozkan T, Busto G, Schutte S, Cervantes Sandoval I, O Dowd D, Davis R. MiR-980 Is a Memory Suppressor MicroRNA that Regulates the Autism-Susceptibility Gene A2bp1. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1698-1709 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate thatÂ miR-980 represses A2bp1 expression to tune theÂ excitable state of neurons, and the overall state of excitability translates to memory impairment or improvement. ..
- Hidalgo A. Interactive nervous system development: control of cell survival in Drosophila. Trends Neurosci. 2002;25:365-70 pubmed..Recent data have finally shown that EGFR (epidermal-growth-factor receptor) ligands function in the Drosophila CNS to maintain glial survival. Trophic interactions are, thus, a general mechanism of nervous system development. ..
- Söderberg J, Birse R, Nassel D. Insulin production and signaling in renal tubules of Drosophila is under control of tachykinin-related peptide and regulates stress resistance. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19866 pubmed publisher..the control of DILP5 signaling in the renal tubules by Drosophila tachykinin peptide (DTK) and its receptor DTKR during desiccative, nutritional and oxidative stress...