Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ote
Alias: CG5581, Dmel\CG5581, hal, ote, otefin, otefin, CG5581-PA, Ote-PA, halted, haulted
Species: fruit fly
- Padan R, Nainudel Epszteyn S, Goitein R, Fainsod A, Gruenbaum Y. Isolation and characterization of the Drosophila nuclear envelope otefin cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:7808-13 pubmed..identified and characterized a 53-kDa inner nuclear membrane-associated protein in Drosophila and termed it otefin. Here we report the isolation and characterization of cDNA and genomic clones of the otefin gene...
- Hita M, Poirie M, Leblanc N, Lemeunier F, Lutcher F, Frey F, et al. Genetic localization of a Drosophila melanogaster resistance gene to a parasitoid wasp and physical mapping of the region. Genome Res. 1999;9:471-81 pubmed..Using single and double digests, cross hybridization of restriction fragments, and location of genetically mapped genes and STSs, a complete, five-enzyme restriction map of this 830-kb region was obtained. ..
- Mohr S, Gelbart W. Using the P[wHy] hybrid transposable element to disrupt genes in region 54D-55B in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2002;162:165-76 pubmed..Thus, the P[wHy] method provides an efficient method for systematically determining the phenotypes of genes in a given region of the fly genome. ..
- Milon B, Cheng H, Tselebrovsky M, Lavrov S, Nenasheva V, Mikhaleva E, et al. Role of histone deacetylases in gene regulation at nuclear lamina. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49692 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the manifold and central involvement of class I HDACs in regulation of lamina-associated genes, illuminating a mechanism by which these enzymes can orchestrate normal and pathological development...
- Berman B, Pfeiffer B, Laverty T, Salzberg S, Rubin G, Eisen M, et al. Computational identification of developmental enhancers: conservation and function of transcription factor binding-site clusters in Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila pseudoobscura. Genome Biol. 2004;5:R61 pubmed..Measuring conservation of sequence features closely linked to function--such as binding-site clusterin--makes better use of comparative sequence data than commonly used methods that examine only sequence identity. ..
- Wagner N, Weber D, Seitz S, Krohne G. The lamin B receptor of Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2015-28 pubmed..We conclude that dLBR is not a limiting component of the nuclear architecture in Drosophila cells during the first 2 days of development. ..
- Jiang X, Xia L, Chen D, Yang Y, Huang H, Yang L, et al. Otefin, a nuclear membrane protein, determines the fate of germline stem cells in Drosophila via interaction with Smad complexes. Dev Cell. 2008;14:494-506 pubmed publisher..We found that otefin (ote), which encodes a nuclear lamin-binding protein [corrected], is essential for germline stem cell (GSC) ..
- Barton L, Pinto B, Wallrath L, Geyer P. The Drosophila nuclear lamina protein otefin is required for germline stem cell survival. Dev Cell. 2013;25:645-54 pubmed publisher..Defects in LEM-D proteins cause tissue-restricted human diseases associated with altered stem cell homeostasis. Otefin (Ote) is a Drosophila LEM-D protein that is intrinsically required for female germline stem cell (GSC) maintenance...
- Bachtrog D, Agis M, Imhof M, Schlotterer C. Microsatellite variability differs between dinucleotide repeat motifs-evidence from Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:1277-85 pubmed..Similar differences in mutation rates were obtained by an alternative method which estimates microsatellite mutation rates from their genomic length distribution. ..
- Sui L, Yang Y. Distinct effects of nuclear membrane localization on gene transcription silencing in Drosophila S2 cells and germ cells. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:55-61 pubmed publisher..A previous study reported that the inner nuclear membrane protein, Otefin (Ote), was essential for germline stem cell (GSC) maintenance via interaction with Smad complex...
- Goldberg M, Lu H, Stuurman N, Ashery Padan R, Weiss A, Yu J, et al. Interactions among Drosophila nuclear envelope proteins lamin, otefin, and YA. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4315-23 pubmed..Lamin, otefin, and YA are the three Drosophila nuclear envelope proteins known in early embryos...
- Habermann K, Mirgorodskaya E, Gobom J, Lehmann V, Müller H, Blümlein K, et al. Functional analysis of centrosomal kinase substrates in Drosophila melanogaster reveals a new function of the nuclear envelope component otefin in cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3554-69 pubmed publisher..Among those was otefin (Ote), an NE protein that we found to localize to centrosomes...
- Barton L, Wilmington S, Martin M, Skopec H, Lovander K, Pinto B, et al. Unique and shared functions of nuclear lamina LEM domain proteins in Drosophila. Genetics. 2014;197:653-65 pubmed publisher..Drosophila melanogaster has three nuclear lamina LEM-D proteins, named Otefin (Ote), Bocksbeutel (Bocks), and dMAN1...
- Pirone L, Xolalpa W, Sigurðsson J, Ramirez J, Pérez C, Gonzalez M, et al. A comprehensive platform for the analysis of ubiquitin-like protein modifications using in vivo biotinylation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:40756 pubmed publisher..Ease of use and the flexibility to modify existing vectors will make the bioUbL system a powerful complement to existing strategies for studying this important mode of protein regulation. ..
- Lancaster O, Cullen C, Ohkura H. NHK-1 phosphorylates BAF to allow karyosome formation in the Drosophila oocyte nucleus. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:817-24 pubmed..We propose that BAF phosphorylation by NHK-1 disrupts anchorage of chromosomes to the nuclear envelope, allowing karyosome formation in oocytes. These data provide the first mechanistic insight into how the karyosome forms. ..
- Pinto B, Wilmington S, Hornick E, Wallrath L, Geyer P. Tissue-specific defects are caused by loss of the Drosophila MAN1 LEM domain protein. Genetics. 2008;180:133-45 pubmed publisher..The tissue-specific, age-enhanced dMAN1 mutant phenotypes are reminiscent of human laminopathies, suggesting that studies in Drosophila will provide insights into lamina dysfunction associated with disease. ..
- Kusch T. Brca2-Pds5 complexes mobilize persistent meiotic recombination sites to the nuclear envelope. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:717-27 pubmed publisher..The identification of Brca2-Pds5 complexes as key mediators of this process provides a first mechanistic explanation for the contribution of lamins and cohesins to meiotic recombination. ..
- Harel A, Zlotkin E, Nainudel Epszteyn S, Feinstein N, Fisher P, Gruenbaum Y. Persistence of major nuclear envelope antigens in an envelope-like structure during mitosis in Drosophila melanogaster embryos. J Cell Sci. 1989;94 ( Pt 3):463-70 pubmed..Two of these proteins, lamin and otefin, a newly characterized nuclear envelope polypeptide with an apparent Mr of 53,000, are apparently present in an ..
- Ji J, Crest J, Schubiger G. Genetic interactions between Cdk1-CyclinB and the Separase complex in Drosophila. Development. 2005;132:1875-84 pubmed
- Ashery Padan R, Weiss A, Feinstein N, Gruenbaum Y. Distinct regions specify the targeting of otefin to the nucleoplasmic side of the nuclear envelope. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:2493-9 pubmedb>Otefin is a 45-kDa nuclear envelope protein with no apparent homology to other known proteins...
- Barton L, Lovander K, Pinto B, Geyer P. Drosophila male and female germline stem cell niches require the nuclear lamina protein Otefin. Dev Biol. 2016;415:75-86 pubmed publisher..Here we present our studies of one of the Drosophila nuclear lamina LEM-D proteins, Otefin (Ote), a homologue of emerin...