Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: or
Alias: AP-3sigma, CG3029, Dmel\CG3029, aps3, cg3029, sigma3, orange, CG3029-PA, adaptor protein complex 3, sigma subunit, or-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Mullins C, Hartnell L, Bonifacino J. Distinct requirements for the AP-3 adaptor complex in pigment granule and synaptic vesicle biogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:1003-14 pubmed..We report that the Drosophila pigmentation mutants orange and ruby carry genetic lesions in the sigma3 and beta3-adaptin subunits of the AP-3 complex, respectively...
- Mullins C, Bonifacino J. The molecular machinery for lysosome biogenesis. Bioessays. 2001;23:333-43 pubmed..Other recently identified components, however, appear to be unique to higher eukaryotes. BioEssays 23:333-343, 2001. Published 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ..
- Falcon Perez J, Romero Calderon R, Brooks E, Krantz D, Dell Angelica E. The Drosophila pigmentation gene pink (p) encodes a homologue of human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome 5 (HPS5). Traffic. 2007;8:154-68 pubmed..The phenotype of pink mutants was exacerbated by mutations in AP-3 subunits or in the orthologs of VPS33A and Rab38. These results validate D...
- Boehm M, Bonifacino J. Adaptins: the final recount. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2907-20 pubmed..Additional diversification of AP complexes arises from the existence of adaptin isoforms encoded by distinct genes or resulting from alternative splicing of mRNAs...
- Kashevsky H, Wallace J, Reed B, Lai C, Hayashi Hagihara A, Orr Weaver T. The anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome is required during development for modified cell cycles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11217-22 pubmed..In one common example, most animals and plants have tissues in which the cells become polyploid or polytene by means of an S-G cycle, but the mechanism by which mitosis is inhibited in the endo cycle is not ..
- Sevrioukov E, Moghrabi N, Kuhn M, KRAMER H. A mutation in dVps28 reveals a link between a subunit of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-I complex and the actin cytoskeleton in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2301-12 pubmed..The first of these complexes, ESCRT-I, consists of three proteins: Vps28p, Vps37p, and Vps23p or Tsg101 in mammals. Here, we characterize a mutation in the Drosophila homolog of vps28...
- Elias V, Nicolas C, Abramson C. Eye color as an indicator of behavior: revisiting Worthy and Scott. Psychol Rep. 2008;102:759-78 pubmed..melanogaster pointed to significant behavioral differences among cell-defect groups, indicating that the cell defect which causes eye color, rather than eye color itself, may serve as a crude indicator of behavior. ..