Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Oda
Description: Ornithine decarboxylase antizyme
Alias: CG16747, D-AZ, Dmel\CG16747, ODA, guf, l(2)02833, l(2)k09037, oda, ornithine decarboxylase antizyme, CG16747-PA, CG16747-PB, CG16747-PC, Oda-PA, Oda-PB, Oda-PC, antizyme, gut feeling, gutfeeling, ornithine deacarboxylase antizyme, orthinine decarboyxlase antizyme
Species: fruit fly
- Avery P, Vicente Crespo M, Francis D, Nashchekina O, Alonso C, Palacios I. Drosophila Upf1 and Upf2 loss of function inhibits cell growth and causes animal death in a Upf3-independent manner. RNA. 2011;17:624-38 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results show that Upf3 is not always essential in NMD. ..
- Frizzell K, Rynearson S, Metzstein M. Drosophila mutants show NMD pathway activity is reduced, but not eliminated, in the absence of Smg6. RNA. 2012;18:1475-86 pubmed publisher..elegans and yeast. ..
- Torok T, Tick G, Alvarado M, Kiss I. P-lacW insertional mutagenesis on the second chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster: isolation of lethals with different overgrowth phenotypes. Genetics. 1993;135:71-80 pubmed..In this paper, 16 overgrowth mutants are described. As revealed by in situ hybridization, none of the mutations corresponds to any of the previously known overgrowth mutations on the second chromosome. ..
- Ivanov I, Gesteland R, Atkins J. Antizyme expression: a subversion of triplet decoding, which is remarkably conserved by evolution, is a sensor for an autoregulatory circuit. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3185-96 pubmedThe efficiency of programmed ribosomal frameshifting in decoding antizyme mRNA is the sensor for an autoregulatory circuit that controls cellular polyamine levels in organisms ranging from the yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe to Drosophila ..
- Vied C, Halachmi N, Salzberg A, Horabin J. Antizyme is a target of sex-lethal in the Drosophila germline and appears to act downstream of hedgehog to regulate sex-lethal and cyclin B. Dev Biol. 2003;253:214-29 pubmed..targets of Sex-lethal in early germ cells, the RNA encoded by gutfeeling, the Drosophila homolog of Ornithine Decarboxylase Antizyme, was isolated. gutfeeling interacts genetically with Sex-lethal...
- Gatfield D, Izaurralde E. Nonsense-mediated messenger RNA decay is initiated by endonucleolytic cleavage in Drosophila. Nature. 2004;429:575-8 pubmed..We conclude that, despite conservation in the NMD machinery, PTC-containing transcripts are degraded in Drosophila by a mechanism that differs considerably from those described in yeast and mammals. ..
- Burnette M, Zartman J. Spatiotemporal patterning of polyamines in Drosophila development. Amino Acids. 2015;47:2665-70 pubmed publisher..Understanding the regulation driving this accumulation can provide insight into PA metabolism and transport. Our findings suggest that Drosophila has great potential for investigating PAs in developmental biology. ..