Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Oct-TyrR
Description: Octopamine-Tyramine receptor
Alias: CG7485, DmTAR1, DmTyrR, Dmel\CG7485, Dmoct/tyr, DrmOTR, OA-R, OAR_DROME, OTR, OcR, Ocr, OctoR1, OctyR99AB, TAR1, TYR, TyR, Tyr, Tyr-dro, TyrR, hono, l(3)neo30, Octopamine-Tyramine receptor, CG7485-PA, CG7485-PB, Oct-TyrR-PA, Oct-TyrR-PB, Oct/Tyr receptor, Tyramine-receptor, honoka, octopamine receptor, octopamine receptor 1, octopamine/tyramine receptor, tyramine receptor
Species: fruit fly
- Nagaya Y, Kutsukake M, Chigusa S, Komatsu A. A trace amine, tyramine, functions as a neuromodulator in Drosophila melanogaster. Neurosci Lett. 2002;329:324-8 pubmed..G protein-coupled receptor for trace amines, cloned in Drosophila melanogaster, and claimed to be either an octopamine receptor or a tyramine receptor...
- Pebusque M, Coulier F, Birnbaum D, Pontarotti P. Ancient large-scale genome duplications: phylogenetic and linkage analyses shed light on chordate genome evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 1998;15:1145-59 pubmed..Linkage of some of these genes can be found in the Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans genomes, suggesting that they were linked in the triploblast Metazoa ancestor. ..
- Evans P. Molecular studies on insect octopamine receptors. EXS. 1993;63:286-96 pubmed..receptors have concentrated upon molecular pharmacological approaches to identify the particular subtype of octopamine receptor mediating its effects in a particular tissue and on the modes of action of the receptors in a particular ..
- Kutsukake M, Komatsu A, Yamamoto D, Ishiwa Chigusa S. A tyramine receptor gene mutation causes a defective olfactory behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2000;245:31-42 pubmed..The location of the P-element insertion was determined to be about 100bp) upstream of the first exon of the tyramine receptor gene. The level of 3...
- Han K, Millar N, Davis R. A novel octopamine receptor with preferential expression in Drosophila mushroom bodies. J Neurosci. 1998;18:3650-8 pubmed..To identify an octopamine receptor mediating this function in Drosophila, putative biogenic amine receptors were cloned by a novel procedure ..
- Zumstein N, Forman O, Nongthomba U, Sparrow J, Elliott C. Distance and force production during jumping in wild-type and mutant Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:3515-22 pubmed..distance and force production in M18, a mutant deficient in octopamine synthesis, and in hono, a tyramine/octopamine receptor mutant, we conclude that in Drosophila, as in locusts, octopamine modulates escape jumping...
- Reale V, Hannan F, Midgley J, Evans P. The expression of a cloned Drosophila octopamine/tyramine receptor in Xenopus oocytes. Brain Res. 1997;769:309-20 pubmedThe expression of a cloned Drosophila octopamine/tyramine receptor (OctyR99AB) is described in Xenopus oocytes...
- Robb S, Cheek T, Hannan F, Hall L, Midgley J, Evans P. Agonist-specific coupling of a cloned Drosophila octopamine/tyramine receptor to multiple second messenger systems. EMBO J. 1994;13:1325-30 pubmedA cloned seven transmembrane-spanning Drosophila octopamine/tyramine receptor, permanently expressed in a Chinese hamster ovary cell line, both inhibits adenylate cyclase activity and leads to the elevation of intracellular Ca2+ levels ..
- Blumenthal E. Regulation of chloride permeability by endogenously produced tyramine in the Drosophila Malpighian tubule. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;284:C718-28 pubmed..concentrations; the pharmacology of this response matches that of the previously published cloned insect tyramine receptor. In addition, the tubule appears capable of synthesizing tyramine from applied tyrosine, as shown by direct ..
- Enan E. Molecular response of Drosophila melanogaster tyramine receptor cascade to plant essential oils. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;35:309-21 pubmed..Therefore, the data indicates a correlation between cellular changes and insecticidal activity of tested plant essential oils, and suggests that the toxicity of at least two of these chemicals is mediated through the TA receptor. ..
- Evans P, Maqueira B. Insect octopamine receptors: a new classification scheme based on studies of cloned Drosophila G-protein coupled receptors. Invert Neurosci. 2005;5:111-8 pubmed publisher..tissues it will be essential to identify the relative expression levels of the different classes of octopamine receptor present...
- Cazzamali G, Klaerke D, Grimmelikhuijzen C. A new family of insect tyramine receptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1189-96 pubmed publisher..In addition to the Drosophila tyramine receptor gene, CG7431, we found another closely related Drosophila gene, CG16766, that probably also codes for a ..
- Feng G, Hannan F, Reale V, Hon Y, Kousky C, Evans P, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of a novel dopamine receptor from Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci. 1996;16:3925-33 pubmed..The DopR99B receptor maps to 99B3-5, close to the position of the octopamine/tyramine receptor gene at 99A10-B1, suggesting that the two may be related through a gene duplication...
- Guven Ozkan T, Davis R. Functional neuroanatomy of Drosophila olfactory memory formation. Learn Mem. 2014;21:519-26 pubmed publisher..Despite this progress, a complete and unified model that details the pathway from acquisition to memory expression remains elusive. ..
- Saudou F, Amlaiky N, Plassat J, Borrelli E, Hen R. Cloning and characterization of a Drosophila tyramine receptor. EMBO J. 1990;9:3611-7 pubmed..The Drosophila tyramine receptor that we have isolated might therefore be an invertebrate equivalent of the mammalian alpha 2 adrenergic ..