Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nup153
Description: Nucleoporin 153kD
Alias: CG4453, Dmel\CG4453, NUP153, Nup 153, dNup153, dmNup153, nup153, nucleoporin 153kD, CG4453-PA, CG4453-PC, CG4453-PD, Nup153-PA, Nup153-PC, Nup153-PD, nucleoporin 153
Species: fruit fly
- Chen H, Chen X, Zheng Y. The nuclear lamina regulates germline stem cell niche organization via modulation of EGFR signaling. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:73-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have uncovered a role for the nuclear lamina in the integration of EGF signaling to regulate stem cell niche function. ..
- Doumanis J, Wada K, Kino Y, Moore A, Nukina N. RNAi screening in Drosophila cells identifies new modifiers of mutant huntingtin aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7275 pubmed publisher..Newly identified modifiers including genes related to nuclear transport, nucleotide processes, and signaling, may be involved in polyglutamine aggregate formation and Huntington disease cascades. ..
- Burns L, Wente S. From hypothesis to mechanism: uncovering nuclear pore complex links to gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2114-20 pubmed publisher..These examples highlight new and unpredicted mechanisms for Nup impacts on transcription and questions that are left to be explored. ..
- Senger S, Csokmay J, Akbar T, Tanveer A, Jones T, Sengupta P, et al. The nucleoporin Seh1 forms a complex with Mio and serves an essential tissue-specific function in Drosophila oogenesis. Development. 2011;138:2133-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, our studies demonstrate that Mio is a novel interacting partner of the conserved nucleoporin Seh1 and add to the growing body of evidence that structural nucleoporins can have novel tissue-specific roles. ..
- Presgraves D, Stephan W. Pervasive adaptive evolution among interactors of the Drosophila hybrid inviability gene, Nup96. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:306-14 pubmed publisher..interactors--3 stable Nup107 subcomplex proteins (Nup75, Nup107, and Nup133) and 2 mobile nucleoporins (Nup98 and Nup153)--and show that all 5 have experienced recurrent adaptive evolution...
- Mihailovic M, Mihailovich M, Wurth L, Zambelli F, Abaza I, Militti C, et al. Widespread generation of alternative UTRs contributes to sex-specific RNA binding by UNR. RNA. 2012;18:53-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UNR exploits the transcript diversity generated by alternative processing and alternative promoter usage to bind and regulate target genes in a sex-specific manner. ..
- Chen X, Xu L. Specific nucleoporin requirement for Smad nuclear translocation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4022-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have delineated the nucleoporin requirement of MAD nuclear import, reflecting a unique trans-NPC mechanism. ..
- Dimaano C, Ball J, Prunuske A, Ullman K. RNA association defines a functionally conserved domain in the nuclear pore protein Nup153. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45349-57 pubmed..One such protein, the nucleoporin Nup153, is localized to the nuclear basket of the pore complex and has been shown to be a central component of the ..
- Sabri N, Roth P, Xylourgidis N, Sadeghifar F, Adler J, Samakovlis C. Distinct functions of the Drosophila Nup153 and Nup214 FG domains in nuclear protein transport. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:557-65 pubmed..The fly homologues of FG nucleoporins Nup358, Nup153, and Nup54 are selectively required for import...
- Jang A, Moravcevic K, Saez L, Young M, Sehgal A. Drosophila TIM binds importin Î±1, and acts as an adapter to transport PER to the nucleus. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004974 pubmed publisher..addition to IMPÎ±1, rhythmic behavior and nuclear expression of PER-TIM require a specific nuclear pore protein, Nup153, and Ran-GTPase...
- Freibaum B, Lu Y, López González R, Kim N, Almeida S, Lee K, et al. GGGGCC repeat expansion in C9orf72 compromises nucleocytoplasmic transport. Nature. 2015;525:129-33 pubmed publisher..These studies show that a primary consequence of G4C2 repeat expansion is the compromise of nucleocytoplasmic transport through the nuclear pore, revealing a novel mechanism of neurodegeneration. ..
- Osouda S, Nakamura Y, de Saint Phalle B, McConnell M, Horigome T, Sugiyama S, et al. Null mutants of Drosophila B-type lamin Dm(0) show aberrant tissue differentiation rather than obvious nuclear shape distortion or specific defects during cell proliferation. Dev Biol. 2005;284:219-32 pubmed..In contrast, both gonadal and CNS tissues exhibited underdevelopment. ..