Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nuf2
Alias: CG8902, Dmel\CG8902, anon-WO0118547.214, dmNuf2, l(2)SH2 2276, Nuf2, CG8902-PA, Nuf2-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Schittenhelm R, Althoff F, Heidmann S, Lehner C. Detrimental incorporation of excess Cenp-A/Cid and Cenp-C into Drosophila centromeres is prevented by limiting amounts of the bridging factor Cal1. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3768-79 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the low amount of endogenous Cal1 prevents centromere expansion and mitotic kinetochore failure when Cenp-A/Cid and Cenp-C are present in excess. ..
- Williams B, Leung G, Maiato H, Wong A, Li Z, Williams E, et al. Mitch a rapidly evolving component of the Ndc80 kinetochore complex required for correct chromosome segregation in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3522-33 pubmed..Despite the crucial role of Mitch in cell division, the mitch gene has evolved very rapidly among species in the genus Drosophila. ..
- Pandey R, Heeger S, Lehner C. Rapid effects of acute anoxia on spindle kinetochore interactions activate the mitotic spindle checkpoint. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2807-18 pubmed..Some motor, centrosome and kinetochore proteins (dynein, Kin-8, Cnn, TACC, Cenp-C, Nuf2) are rapidly relocalized after oxygen deprivation...
- Cerrato A, Parisi M, Santa Anna S, Missirlis F, Guru S, Agarwal S, et al. Genetic interactions between Drosophila melanogaster menin and Jun/Fos. Dev Biol. 2006;298:59-70 pubmed..We observed complex genetic interactions between mnn1 and jun in different developmental settings. Our data support the idea that one function of menin is to modulate Jun activity in a manner dependent on the cellular context. ..
- Venkei Z, Przewloka M, Ladak Y, Albadri S, Sossick A, Juhasz G, et al. Spatiotemporal dynamics of Spc105 regulates the assembly of the Drosophila kinetochore. Open Biol. 2012;2:110032 pubmed publisher..Our study thus indicates that physical accessibility of kinetochore components plays a crucial role in the regulation of Drosophila kinetochore assembly and leads us to a model in which Spc105 is a licensing factor for its onset. ..
- Costello J, Dalkilic M, Beason S, Gehlhausen J, Patwardhan R, Middha S, et al. Gene networks in Drosophila melanogaster: integrating experimental data to predict gene function. Genome Biol. 2009;10:R97 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. The network enables the exploration, mining, and reanalysis of experimental data, as well as the interpretation of new data. The inferred annotations provide testable hypotheses of previously uncharacterized genes. ..
- Moutinho Santos T, Conde C, Sunkel C. POLO ensures chromosome bi-orientation by preventing and correcting erroneous chromosome-spindle attachments. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:576-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggests that POLO is required to promote amphitelic attachment and chromosome bi-orientation by regulating both the activity of the correction mechanism and the architecture of the centromere. ..