Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nrv1
Description: nervana 1
Alias: 42kDa, CG9258, Dmel\CG9258, K-ATPase, NKA-alpha, NaK ATPase, Na[+]/K[+] ATPase, Na[+]/K[+]-ATPase, Na[+]/K[+]ATPase, Nrv, Nrv1, nervana, nervana 1, CG9258-PA, CG9258-PB, Nervana1, nervana, nervous system antigen 1, nirvana, nirvana 1, nrv1-PA, nrv1-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Pahud G, Salem N, van de Goor J, Medilanski J, Pellegrinelli N, Eder Colli L. Study of subcellular localization of membrane-bound choline acetyltransferase in Drosophila central nervous system and its association with membranes. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:1644-53 pubmed..Carbonate solubilization of membrane-bound ChAT converted the enzyme from hydrophobic to hydrophilic protein. ..
- Luan Z, Reddig K, Li H. Loss of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase in Drosophila photoreceptors leads to blindness and age-dependent neurodegeneration. Exp Neurol. 2014;261:791-801 pubmed publisher..This work also establishes Drosophila photoreceptors as a genetic model for studying the cell-autonomous mechanisms underlying neuronal Na(+)/K(+) ATPase deficiency-mediated neurodegeneration. ..
- Paul S, Ternet M, Salvaterra P, Beitel G. The Na+/K+ ATPase is required for septate junction function and epithelial tube-size control in the Drosophila tracheal system. Development. 2003;130:4963-74 pubmed
- Chen Q, Ma E, Behar K, Xu T, Haddad G. Role of trehalose phosphate synthase in anoxia tolerance and development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3274-9 pubmed..We conclude that trehalose contributes to anoxia tolerance in flies; this protection is likely to be due to a reduction of protein aggregation. ..
- Zhai R, Zhang F, Hiesinger P, Cao Y, Haueter C, Bellen H. NAD synthase NMNAT acts as a chaperone to protect against neurodegeneration. Nature. 2008;452:887-91 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide an entry point for understanding how normal neurons maintain activity, and offer clues for the common mechanisms underlying different neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Khanna M, Stanley B, Thomas G. Towards a membrane proteome in Drosophila: a method for the isolation of plasma membrane. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:302 pubmed publisher..This points the way for further adaptations into other systems. ..
- MacMillan H, Ferguson L, Nicolai A, Donini A, Staples J, Sinclair B. Parallel ionoregulatory adjustments underlie phenotypic plasticity and evolution of Drosophila cold tolerance. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:423-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that this could have served as an evolutionary route by which chill-susceptible insects developed more extreme cold tolerance strategies. ..
- Snow P, Patel N, Harrelson A, Goodman C. Neural-specific carbohydrate moiety shared by many surface glycoproteins in Drosophila and grasshopper embryos. J Neurosci. 1987;7:4137-44 pubmed..Although the anti-HRP Ab stains all axon pathways, 2 of the anti-HRP glycoproteins, fasciclin I and II, are expressed on specific subsets of axon pathways in the grasshopper embryo. ..
- Paul S, Palladino M, Beitel G. A pump-independent function of the Na,K-ATPase is required for epithelial junction function and tracheal tube-size control. Development. 2007;134:147-55 pubmed..Here we show that Nrv1 is endogenously co-expressed with Nrv2 in the epidermis and tracheal system, but Nrv1 has a basolateral ..
- Gorokhova S, Bibert S, Geering K, Heintz N. A novel family of transmembrane proteins interacting with beta subunits of the Na,K-ATPase. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2394-410 pubmed..The neuronal expression of NKAIN proteins, their membrane localization and the temperature-sensitive paralysis of NKAIN Drosophila mutants strongly suggest that this novel protein family may be critical for neuronal function. ..
- Beramendi A, Peron S, Casanova G, Reggiani C, Cantera R. Neuromuscular junction in abdominal muscles of Drosophila melanogaster during adulthood and aging. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:498-508 pubmed
- Genova J, Fehon R. Neuroglian, Gliotactin, and the Na+/K+ ATPase are essential for septate junction function in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:979-89 pubmed..These findings have implications not only for invertebrate epithelia and barrier functions, but also for understanding of neuron-glial interactions in the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Vadász I, Dada L, Briva A, Helenius I, Sharabi K, Welch L, et al. Evolutionary conserved role of c-Jun-N-terminal kinase in CO2-induced epithelial dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46696 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence that deleterious effects of hypercapnia are mediated by JNK which plays an evolutionary conserved, specific role in CO(2) signaling in mammals, diptera and nematodes. ..
- Roy M, Sivan Loukianova E, Eberl D. Cell-type-specific roles of Na+/K+ ATPase subunits in Drosophila auditory mechanosensation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:181-6 pubmed publisher..We knocked down expression of ? subunits (ATP? and ?-like) and ? subunits (nrv1, nrv2, and nrv3) individually in JO with UAS/Gal4-mediated RNAi...
- Baumann O, Salvaterra P, Takeyasu K. Developmental changes in beta-subunit composition of Na,K-ATPase in the Drosophila eye. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;340:215-28 pubmed publisher..genome contains at least three loci for the Na,K-ATPase beta-subunit; however, only the protein products of nrv1 and nrv2 have been characterized hitherto...
- SigurbjÃ¶rnsdÃ³ttir S, Mathew R, Leptin M. Molecular mechanisms of de novo lumen formation. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2014;15:665-76 pubmed publisher..In all systems, lumen formation involves the structured expansion of the apical plasma membrane through general mechanisms of vesicle transport and of microtubule and actin cytoskeleton regulation. ..
- Satoh T, Ohba A, Liu Z, Inagaki T, Satoh A. dPob/EMC is essential for biosynthesis of rhodopsin and other multi-pass membrane proteins in Drosophila photoreceptors. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that EMC is a key factor in the biogenesis of multi-pass transmembrane proteins, including Rh1, and its loss causes retinal degeneration. ..
- Jan L, Jan Y. Antibodies to horseradish peroxidase as specific neuronal markers in Drosophila and in grasshopper embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:2700-4 pubmed..We have used the anti-HRPeroxase antibodies to show that mutations affecting segmentation in Drosophila affect the organization of the embryonic nervous system. ..