Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il1a
Description: interleukin 1 alpha
Alias: IL-1 alpha, interleukin-1 alpha
- Analysis of the local kinetics and localization of interleukin-1 alpha, tumour necrosis factor-alpha and transforming growth factor-beta, during the course of experimental pulmonary tuberculosisR Hernandez-Pando
Department of Pathology, National Institute of Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Immunology 90:607-17. 1997....
- Radiation pneumonitis and early circulatory cytokine markersYuhchyau Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 12:26-33. 2002..Analysis of a panel of circulating cytokines with different putative functions in radiation pulmonary injury identified IL-1alpha and IL-6 as early circulating cytokine markers for radiation pneumonitis...
- Association of IL1A gene polymorphisms with susceptibility to and severity of systemic sclerosis in the Japanese populationYasushi Kawaguchi
Institute of Radiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 48:186-92. 2003To analyze the frequencies of haplotypes of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the IL1A gene (at -889, +4729, and +4845) in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) and in healthy control subjects, and to determine whether the IL1A ..
- Assessment of skin irritation and molecular responses in rat skin exposed to nonane, dodecane and tetradecaneR J Babu
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Toxicol Lett 153:255-66. 2004..The expression of TNF-alpha in skin due to tetradecane support the fact that visually indistinguishable skin irritation reactions can induce significant changes in the biological marker profile...
- Effect of methyl substitution of benzene on the percutaneous absorption and skin irritation in hairless ratsE Ahaghotu
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Toxicol Lett 159:261-71. 2005..The findings of the present study will be helpful in understanding the role of these chemicals in the jet fuel and various petroleum based fuels in inducing skin irritation response...
- Resistance to endotoxic shock and reduced neutrophil migration in mice deficient for the Src-family kinases Hck and FgrC A Lowell
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0100, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7580-4. 1998..These data demonstrate that defective integrin signaling in neutrophils, caused by loss of Hck and Fgr tyrosine kinase activity, results in impaired inflammation-dependent tissue injury in vivo...
- Immune activation and suppression by group B streptococcus in a murine model of urinary tract infectionKimberly A Kline
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Infect Immun 79:3588-95. 2011..These studies define several basic molecular and cellular events characterizing GBS UTI in an animal model, showing that GBS participates simultaneously in the activation and suppression of host immune responses in the urinary tract...
- Combined effects of bucillamine and etanercept on a rat type II collagen-induced arthritis modelChikako Setoguchi
Research and Development Center, Santen Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 20:381-8. 2010..These results suggest that a combination therapy of Buc and ETN may be effective for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Evaluation of bone turnover and osteoclastic cytokines in early rheumatoid arthritis treated with alendronateF P Cantatore
Department of Rheumatology, University of Bari, Italy
J Rheumatol 26:2318-23. 1999..Osteoporosis is a frequent complication of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). We investigated the effect of oral alendronate (AL) therapy on bone turnover and osteoclast activating factors in early RA...
- Nucleotide variation, haplotype structure, and association with end-stage renal disease of the human interleukin-1 gene clusterJeannette T Bensen
The Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Genomics 82:194-217. 2003A dense gene-based SNP map was constructed across a 360-kb region containing the interleukin-1 gene cluster (IL1A, IL1B, and IL1RN), focusing on IL1RN. In total, 95 polymorphisms were confirmed or identified primarily by direct sequencing...
- Analysis of IL1 gene polymorphisms and transcript levels in periodontal and chronic kidney diseaseAna Paula Ribeiro Braosi
Health and Biosciences School, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Parana PUCPR, Imaculada Conceição Street 1155, CEP 80215 901, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Cytokine 60:76-82. 2012..Functional polymorphisms in IL1 genes modulate cytokine levels and have been associated with susceptibility to immune-inflammatory conditions...
- A polymorphism in the upstream regulatory region of the interleukin-1α gene confers differential binding by transcription factors of the AP-1 familyAndrea M Moerman-Herzog
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, United States
Life Sci 90:975-9. 2012Previous genetic studies have shown that a C/T polymorphism at position -889 of the IL1A promoter, specifically allele 2 (-889T), increases the risk for development of several inflammation-related disorders, such as periodontitis, ..
- Evaluation of five interleukin genes for association with end-stage renal disease in white EuropeansTheresa A Buckham
Queen s University Belfast, UK
Am J Nephrol 32:103-8. 2010..These findings have not been consistently replicated. No study has yet reported the comprehensive investigation of IL1A, IL1B, IL1RN,IL6 and IL10 genes.
- Cord blood cytokine profile detection in neonates with T1D parents -- monitoring of cellular auto-reactivity using protein microarrayK Bohmova
Department of Paediatrics, 2nd Medical Faculty of Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Scand J Immunol 66:563-71. 2007..We also observed the interesting impact of the risky genotype on the protein microarray results. Protein microarray seems to be a useful tool to characterize a risk pattern of the immune response for T1D also in newborns...
- Ozone exposure of macrophages induces an alveolar epithelial chemokine response through IL-1alphaRizwan Manzer
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:318-23. 2008..These observations indicate that secretion of IL-1alpha from macrophages stimulates alveolar epithelial cells to secrete chemokines that can elicit an inflammatory response...
- Characterization of the innate immune response to chronic aspiration in a novel rodent modelJames Z Appel
Transplant Immunobiology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Respir Res 8:87. 2007..A novel rodent model of chronic aspiration was therefore developed in order to investigate the resulting innate immune response in the lung...
- Differential expression of cytokine genes and iNOS induced by nonviable nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae or its LOS mutants during acute otitis media in the ratHua Hua Tong
Department of Otolaryngology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Room 4024B, Cramblett Hall, 456 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:1183-91. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether NTHi LOS gene disruptions influence the induction of gene expression for proinflammatory mediators in vivo using the rat model of acute OM...
- Interleukin 1 alpha (IL1A) is a novel regulator of the blood-testis barrier in the ratOli Sarkar
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, NY 10065, USA
Biol Reprod 78:445-54. 2008..However, the mechanism underlying BTB restructuring remains somewhat elusive. In this study, interleukin 1 alpha (IL1A) was administered intratesticularly to adult rats in order to assess its effects on spermatogenesis...
- Vanadate, an inhibitor of stromelysin and collagenase expression, suppresses collagen induced arthritisStephen J Oliver
Division of Rheumatology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Rheumatol 34:1802-9. 2007..We evaluated whether a vanadium AP-1 inhibitor could reduce MMP expression and subsequent joint damage in CIA...
- Gene expression profile related to inflammation in rat model of traumatic deep vein thrombosisChun Qiang Zhang
Department of Orthopaedics, First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming, Yunnan 650032, China
Chin J Traumatol 10:206-12. 2007..To study the relationship between inflammation and traumatic deep vein thrombosis (TDVT)...
- Proinflammatory cytokine single nucleotide polymorphisms in nasal polyposisSelim S Erbek
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University Konya Teaching and Research Center, Saray Caddesi No 1, Selcuklu Konya, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:705-9. 2007..the association between nasal polyposis (NP) and single nucleotide polymorphisms of the proinflammatory cytokines IL (interleukin) 1alpha (the IL1A gene), IL-1beta (the IL1B gene), and tumor necrosis factor alpha (the TNFA gene).
- Correlation of IL-1alpha and IL-4 gene polymorphisms and clinical parameters in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisM Vasakova
Department of Respiratory Diseases, 1st Medical School, Charles University, Thomayer University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Scand J Immunol 65:265-70. 2007....
- Cytokine-triggered decreases in levels of phosphorylated eukaryotic initiation factor 4G in skeletal muscle during sepsisThomas C Vary
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Shock 26:631-6. 2006..Furthermore, the findings support a role of IL-1 as the proinflammatory mediator responsible for the reduced level of phosphorylated eIF4G...
- The involvement of glucocorticoids and interleukin-1 in the regulation of brain prostaglandin production in response to surgical stressBenzion Beilin
Department of Anesthesiology, Rabin Medical Center, Golda Hasharon Campus, Petah Tiqva, Tel Aviv University, Jerusalem, Israel
Neuroimmunomodulation 13:36-42. 2006..This study examined the role of glucocorticoids (GC) and interleukin-1 (IL-1) in regulating the production of brain prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) in response to surgical stress...
- Increased expression of interleukin-1alpha and interleukin-1beta is associated with experimental varicoceleZeliha Sahin
Department of Histology and Embryology, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Fertil Steril 85:1265-75. 2006..To describe the effect of varicocele, in an experimental rat model, on the levels of IL-1alpha and IL-1beta proteins in testis tissue...
- Partial volume rat lung irradiation: temporal fluctuations of in-field and out-of-field DNA damage and inflammatory cytokines following irradiationVictoria L Calveley
Research Division, Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
Int J Radiat Biol 81:887-99. 2005..We examined temporal fluctuations in DNA damage, cytokine expression and macrophage activation during 16 weeks post-irradiation...
- Sustained IL-1alpha, IL-4, and IL-6 elevations following correction of hyperglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusJaime S Rosa
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 9:9-16. 2008....
- Interleukin-1 alpha has antiallodynic and antihyperalgesic activities in a rat neuropathic pain modelJoanna Mika
Department of Pain Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pain 138:587-97. 2008..Together with the antiallodynic and antihyperalgesic effects observed after IL-1alpha administration, this finding indicates an important role for IL-1alpha in the development of neuropathic pain symptoms...
- Changes in interleukin-1 signal modulators induced by 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA): regulation by CB2 receptors and implications for neurotoxicityElisa Torres
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Neuroinflammation 8:53. 2011..The cellular location of IL-1β and IL-1RI was also examined. MDMA-treated animals were given the soluble form of IL-1RI (sIL-1RI) and neurotoxic effects examined...
- Interleukin-1alpha is a regulator of the blood-testis barrierPearl P Y Lie
Center for Biomedical Research, Population Council, New York, NY 10065, USA
FASEB J 25:1244-53. 2011..As important, an increase in the kinetics of occludin internalization but a decrease in its rate of degradation was noted following IL-1α treatment. These results indicate that IL-1α is a critical regulator of BTB dynamics...
- Regulation of IRS-2 signaling by IGF-1 receptor in the diabetic rat heartYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:553-61. 2010....
- Unusual interleukin-1 and -6 expression in fetal cartilage is associated with placental abnormalitiesFranciszek Burdan
Experimental Teratology Unit of the Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 48:30-6. 2010..It could be concluded that abnormal expression of the selected interleukins is associated with low placental weight and decrease of its thickness, especially labyrinth zone, as well as with high maternal urea level...
- Interleukin-1 alpha blockade prevents hyperkeratosis in an in vitro model of lamellar ichthyosisRyan F L O'Shaughnessy
Department of Immunobiology and Dermatology, UCL Institute of Child Health, and Department of Paediatric Dermatology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:2594-605. 2010..Interleukin-1 alpha (IL1A) expression was increased and there was a lack of loricrin cross-linking...
- Association of interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms with Alzheimer's diseaseJ A Nicoll
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland
Ann Neurol 47:365-8. 2000..Homozygosity for both allele 2 of IL-1A and allele 2 of IL-1B conferred even greater risk (odds ratio, 10.8). IL-1 genotypes may confer risk for Alzheimer's disease through IL-1 overexpression and IL-1-driven neurodegenerative cascades...
- Expression of IL-1alpha, IL-6, TGF-beta, FasL and ZNF265 during sertoli cell infection by ureaplasma urealyticumRongping Li
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Department of Immunology, Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Shanghai 200025, China
Cell Mol Immunol 6:215-21. 2009..The trend of varied expression of ZNF265 was similar to those of TGF-beta and FasL in vitro and in vivo for Sertoli cells infected with UU...
- The effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE) against cholestatic liver injury in ratsSacid Coban
Department of General Surgery, Gaziantep University School of Medicine, Gaziantep, Turkey
J Surg Res 159:674-9. 2010..But there is not a previous investigation about its effect on cholestatic liver injury. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of CAPE in rat liver against cholestatic liver injury induced by bile duct ligation...
- Regulation of interleukin 1alpha, activin and inhibin by lipopolysaccharide in Sertoli cells from prepubertal ratsW R Winnall
Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 307:169-75. 2009..The data highlight the possibility of a role for intracellular interleukin 1alpha in the Sertoli cell response to inflammation, particularly in the immature testis...
- Interleukin-1alpha regulates substance P expression and release in adult sensory neuronsAnne M Skoff
Wayne State University School of Medicine, USA
Exp Neurol 217:395-400. 2009..In summary, IL-1alpha was significantly more efficient than IL-1beta at up-regulating SP expression than IL-1beta. Taken together, these observations suggest an important role for IL-1alpha in the events following nerve injury...
- Effect of liver ischemia-reperfusion injury on the activity of neurons in the rat brainZdeno Pirnik
Laboratory of Functional Neuromorphology, Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, 833 06 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:951-60. 2009..However, the anatomical distribution of Fos occurrence detected after LIRIs gives great opportunity to perform a targeted phenotypic identification of the activated neurons by LIRIs in the subsequent experiments...
- Different inflammatory responses are associated with Ureaplasma parvum-induced UTI and urolith formationLeticia Reyes
Department of Infectious Disease and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:9. 2009..Animals were inoculated with sterile broth, 10(1), 10(3), 10(5), 10(7), or 10(9) log CFU of a rat-adapted strain of Ureaplasma parvum...
- Proinflammatory cytokine gene polymorphisms among Iranian patients with asthmaSeyed Alireza Mahdaviani
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Children s Medical Center Hospital, Immunology, Asthma, and Allergy Research Institute, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, 62 Gharib St, Keshavarz Blvd, P O Box 14185 863, Tehran, 14194, Iran
J Clin Immunol 29:57-62. 2009..Proinflammatory cytokines could contribute to this inflammatory process. This study was performed in order to analyze the genetic profile of proinflammatory cytokines in Iranian asthmatic patients...
- The use of a semiocclusive dressing reduces epidermal inflammatory cytokine expression and mitigates dermal proliferation and inflammation in a rat incisional modelOliver Kloeters
Wound Healing Research Laboratory, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Wound Repair Regen 16:568-75. 2008....
- Effect of interleukin-1 on traumatic brain injury-induced damage to hippocampal neuronsKwok Tung Lu
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Neurotrauma 22:885-95. 2005..These results show that IL-1alpha and IL-1beta play important roles in the TBI-induced loss of hippocampal neurons...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase-mediated IL-1-induced cortical neuron damage during traumatic brain injuryKwok Tung Lu
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neurosci Lett 386:40-5. 2005..Our results suggest that TBI-induced cortical neuron death was mediated by the IL-1 receptor through ERK phosphorylation...
- Molecular cloning and expression of rat interleukin-1 alpha cDNAT Nishida
Cellular Technology Institute, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokushima
J Biochem 105:351-7. 1989..This suggests that GIF activity is common to IL-1s derived from various sources...
- [The changes of IL-1 and NO levels in the testes of rats with experimental varicocele]Li Ping Chen
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Jiamusi Center Hospital, Jiamusi, Heilongjiang 154002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 8:125-6. 2002..To evaluate the effects of varicocele (VC) on IL-1 and NO levels in testes of rats with VC...
- Proinflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-1alpha stimulate neuropeptide gene expression in adrenochromaffin cellsV Turquier
European Institute for Peptide Research IFRMP 23, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neuroendocrinology, INSERM U413, UA CNRS, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:45-8. 2002
- Amelioration of ozone-induced lung injury by anti-tumor necrosis factor-alphaDeepak K Bhalla
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Toxicol Sci 69:400-8. 2002..The significance of TNF-alpha in the inflammation and epithelial injury produced by ozone exposure reflects its overall contribution through modulation of other cytokines...
- Production and secretion of interleukin-1alpha proteins by rat testisKatarina Gustafsson
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Q2 08, Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:492-7. 2002..The testicular IL-1alpha isoforms may represent posttranslationally modified precursor, mature IL-1alpha, and a 24-kDa alternate splice form...
- Stress and influenza viral infection: modulation of proinflammatory cytokine responses in the lungA P Konstantinos
Department of Oral Biology, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, 305 W 12th Avenue, PO Box 182357, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
Respir Physiol 128:71-7. 2001..The mechanism underlying suppression of the lung IL-1alpha in stressed mice is currently unknown; its downregulation may contribute to increased viral pathogenesis in stressed individuals...
- Increased incidence of autoantibodies to interleukin-1a in rheumatoid arthritis with interstitial lung diseaseK Maniwa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Japan
Respirology 5:315-20. 2000....
- Determination of cytokine mRNA-expression in term human placenta of patients with gestational hypertension, intrauterine growth retardation and gestational diabetes mellitus using polymerase chain reactionJ Heinig
Biochemical Institute of the University of Rostock
Zentralbl Gynakol 122:413-8. 2000....
- Mediators of hypersensitivity pneumonitisM Schuyler
Department of Medicine, Albuquerque Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, 87108, USA
J Lab Clin Med 136:29-38. 2000..rectivirgula precede BALF neutrophilia and lymphocytosis and may cause differentiation of Th1 cells; we also conclude that pulmonary macrophages represent a potential source of these substances...
- Serotonin-inducible transcription of interleukin-1alpha in uterine smooth muscle cells requires an AP-1 site: cloning and partial characterization of the rat IL-1alpha promoterT T Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 152:21-35. 1999..This site is located within a larger extended palindromic region: 5'-AAGCCTGACTCAGACTT-3', that together effects both the basal and serotonin-inducible expression of the IL-1alpha gene...
- The role of cell-associated interleukin-1 in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisK Asada
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Tokushima University, Japan
Tokushima J Exp Med 43:79-86. 1996..These results suggest that cell-associated IL-1 (IL-1 alpha) is produced continuously in AM from rats with bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis and may be important in regulation of this disorder by inhibiting fibroblast growth...
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in pancreatic islets of nonobese diabetic mice: identification of iNOS- expressing cells and relationships to cytokines expressed in the isletsA Rabinovitch
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Endocrinology 137:2093-9. 1996....
- Serum interleukin-1 alpha and soluble interleukin-2 receptor concentrations in cystic fibrosisP Greally
Department of Child Health, King s College Hospital, London
Arch Dis Child 68:785-7. 1993..These results suggest that these cytokines may contribute to enhanced immunoglobulin synthesis and silent inflammatory activity in clinically stable patients with cystic fibrosis...
- Thermal injury induces very early production of interleukin-1 alpha in the rat by mechanisms other than endotoxemiaM Mester
Surgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Surgery 115:588-96. 1994..Cytokines are putative mediators of thermal injury-induced systemic changes. We studied the effects of thermal injury on cytokine activation in vivo with a sensitive radioimmunoassay specific for rat interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1 alpha)...
- Tissue interleukin 1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist expression in enterocolitis in resistant and susceptible ratsR D McCall
Department of Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Gastroenterology 106:960-72. 1994..Cecal interleukin 1 (IL-1) and IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) expression was measured in inbred rats displaying differential susceptibility to experimental enterocolitis...
- Expression and regulation of the prointerleukin-1alpha processing enzymes calpain I and II in the rat testisTaranum Sultana
Department of Molecular Medicine, Tumor Biochemistry Unit, Karolinska Institutet and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Androl 26:37-45. 2003..In summary, there is a differential expression of calpain I and II under pathological conditions induced either by endotoxin stimuli or Leydig cell depletion, which may produce a differential effect on IL-1alpha processing...
- IL-1 is required for allergen-specific Th2 cell activation and the development of airway hypersensitivity responseSusumu Nakae
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Int Immunol 15:483-90. 2003..These observations indicate that IL-1 plays important roles in the development of AHR...
- Exogenous nitric oxide donor and related compounds protect against lung inflammatory response after hemorrhagic shock and resuscitationRoberto Anaya-Prado
Borgess Research Institute, Trauma, Surgery Research Sciences and Molecular Biology, the Departments of Surgery and Research, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
J Trauma 57:980-8. 2004....
- IL-1 alpha and TNF-alpha expression in rat periapical lesions and dental pulp after unilateral sympathectomyAthanasia Bletsa
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Neuroimmunomodulation 11:376-84. 2004..This study aimed to test the hypothesis that sympathetic nerves inhibit the production of the bone-resorbing pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1 alpha and TNF-alpha in rat periapical lesions...
- Effects of NF-kappaB oligonucleotide "decoys" on gene expression in P7 rat hippocampus after hypoxia/ischemiaJingxin Qiu
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0652, USA
J Neurosci Res 77:108-18. 2004..Careful design of decoy sequences, however, is essential to acquire selective effects on cell death outcome...
- IL-1beta and TNFalpha regulate sodium absorption in rat distal colonChristian Barmeyer
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:500-7. 2004..We conclude that the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1beta and TNFalpha inhibit electrogenic sodium absorption in rat distal colon by mRNA expression regulation of the beta- and gamma-ENaC subunits...
- The paracrine role played by interleukin-1 alpha in the testisK Svechnikov
Department of Woman and Child Health, Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Karolinska Institute and Hospital, Q2 08 SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 4:67-74. 2004..In conclusion, our findings suggest that isoforms of IL-1alpha may serve as paracrine mediators, alone or in concert with other factors, that support proper testicular cell functioning and, thereby, reproduction and fertility...
- Effects of acute gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane intoxication in relation to the redox regulation of nuclear factor-kappaB, cytokine gene expression, and liver injury in the ratLuis A Videla
Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology Programme, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:471-80. 2004....
- Influence of interleukin-1alpha and COX-2 over the metabolism of arachidonic acid and glucose in isolated uterus of restricted diet ratsM L Campos
Catedra de Fisiologia, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 70:17-22. 2004..It is concluded that Interleukin-1alpha produces an increase of glucose metabolism in uteri isolated from underfed rats by two different mechanisms, both involving COX-2: (1) nitric oxide independent and (2) nitric oxide dependent...
- Immunologic activity in the small intestinal mucosa of pediatric patients with type 1 diabetesMia Westerholm-Ormio
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 52:2287-95. 2003..Our study supports the hypothesis that a link exists between the gut immune system and type 1 diabetes...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage and interstitial cells have different roles in radiation-induced lung injuryJi Hong Hong
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, 5 Fu Shin St, Kwei Shan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Biol 79:159-67. 2003..To determine the contribution of intra-alveolar cells as opposed to cells fixed in the interstitium in the development of radiation-induced lung injury...
- Endotoxin stimulates in vivo expression of inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-1beta, -6, and high-mobility-group protein-1 in skeletal muscleCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Shock 19:538-46. 2003..Collectively these data indicate that skeletal muscle possesses many of the components of the innate immune system, including increases in both early- and late-phase cytokines and the presence of toll-like receptors...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 pathway mediates IL-1beta regulation of IL-1alpha, -1beta, and IL-6 mRNA levels in Leydig cell progenitorsLaurence Walch
Population Council and The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 143:3276-83. 2002..Taken together, our data demonstrate that this COX2 cascade is a regulator of cytokines in Leydig progenitors...
- Differential actions of IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta in glial cells share common IL-1 signalling pathwaysRalph Andre
School of Biological Sciences, 1 124 Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Neuroreport 16:153-7. 2005..These data suggest that the differential effects of IL-1alpha and IL-1beta on glial cells are mediated by alternative pathways to the classical IL-1 signalling cascade...
- Induction of steroidogenesis in immature rat Leydig cells by interleukin-1alpha is dependent on extracellular signal-regulated kinasesN Renlund
Department of Woman and Child Health, Pediatric Endocrinology Unit Q2 08, Karolinska Institute and University Hospital, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 36:327-36. 2006....
- Phosphorylation of SHP-2 regulates interactions between the endoplasmic reticulum and focal adhesions to restrict interleukin-1-induced Ca2+ signalingQin Wang
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Matrix Dynamics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:31093-105. 2006..We conclude that Tyr-542 of SHP-2 modulates IL-1-induced Ca2+ signals and association of the ER with focal adhesions...
- Effects of vitamin C intake on gingival oxidative stress in rat periodontitisTakaaki Tomofuji
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 46:163-8. 2009..The results suggest that systemic administration of vitamin C could be clinically beneficial in improving periodontitis-induced oxidative stress by down-regulating inflammatory gene expression...
- Molecular identity, expression and functional analysis of interleukin-1alpha and its isoforms in rat testisT Sultana
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, P O Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Asian J Androl 6:149-53. 2004..g., the regulation of Leydig cell steroidogenesis. Pathophysiologically, testicular IL-1alpha may contribute to testicular relapse of acute lymphocytic leukemia in boys...
- Endotoxin-activated cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytes express functional surface-associated interleukin-1alphaElena Westphal
Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin III, Halle, Germany
J Endotoxin Res 13:25-34. 2007....
- Effect of interleukin 1alpha and interleukin 2 over glucose metabolism in isolated uterus of restricted diet rats. Influence of NO and COX-2J A Linares
Catedra de Fisiologia, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 69:39-43. 2003..Nitric oxide produced by the inducible form of NOS mediates the interleukins-induced glucose metabolism stimulation with the participation of inducible COX...
- Childhood cat exposure-related tolerance is associated with IL1A and IL10 polymorphismsJussi Karjalainen
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:223-5. 2005
- Alcohol-Induced Regulation of Hepatic Protein SynthesisTHOMAS VARY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..