Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nmdar2
Description: NMDA receptor 2
Alias: 79G8T, CG14793, CG14794, CG33513, CT34603, DmelNmdar2, Dmel\CG33513, DrNR2, EG:80H7.7, ESTS:79G8T, NMDAR, NMDAR2, NR2, anon-sts34, dNR2, dnmdar-II, dsNR2, nr2, NMDA receptor 2, CG33513-PA, CG33513-PB, CG33513-PC, CG33513-PD, CG33513-PE, CG33513-PF, CG33513-PG, NMDA receptor, Nmdar2-PA, Nmdar2-PB, Nmdar2-PC, Nmdar2-PD, Nmdar2-PE, Nmdar2-PF, Nmdar2-PG, dNR2
Species: fruit fly
- Rothenfluh A, Heberlein U. Drugs, flies, and videotape: the effects of ethanol and cocaine on Drosophila locomotion. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2002;12:639-45 pubmed..Surprising similarities between flies and mammals have begun to emerge at the behavioral, neurochemical and molecular levels. ..
- Tamura T, Horiuchi D, Chen Y, Sone M, Miyashita T, Saitoe M, et al. Drosophila PQBP1 regulates learning acquisition at projection neurons in aversive olfactory conditioning. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14091-101 pubmed publisher..were not reduced in number and their fiber connections were not changed, whereas gene expressions including NMDA receptor subunit 1 (NR1) were decreased in PNs...
- Chen C, Wu J, Lin H, Pai T, Fu T, Wu C, et al. Visualizing long-term memory formation in two neurons of the Drosophila brain. Science. 2012;335:678-85 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an extra-MB memory circuit in Drosophila: LTM consolidation (MB to DAL), storage (DAL), and retrieval (DAL to MB)...
- Chiang A, Lin W, Liu H, Pszczolkowski M, Fu T, Chiu S, et al. Insect NMDA receptors mediate juvenile hormone biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:37-42 pubmed..Finally, we used the same primers for DNMDAR1 to demonstrate a fragment of putative NMDA receptor in the corpora allata of Diploptera punctata...
- Ichinose T, Aso Y, Yamagata N, Abe A, Rubin G, Tanimoto H. Reward signal in a recurrent circuit drives appetitive long-term memory formation. elife. 2015;4:e10719 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a reward signal transforms a nascent memory trace into a stable LTM using a feedback circuit at the cost of memory specificity. ..
- Zachepilo T, Il inykh Y, Lopatina N, Molotkov D, Popov A, Savvateeva Popova E, et al. Comparative analysis of the locations of the NR1 and NR2 NMDA receptor subunits in honeybee (Apis mellifera) and fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster, Canton-S wild-type) cerebral ganglia. Neurosci Behav Physiol. 2008;38:369-72 pubmed publisher..The data obtained here lead to the conclusion that the distributions of the NR1 and NR2 subunits of the NMDA receptor complex in the cerebral ganglia of the honeybee and fruit fly are similar; areas with the highest ..
- Larkin A, Karak S, Priya R, Das A, Ayyub C, Ito K, et al. Central synaptic mechanisms underlie short-term olfactory habituation in Drosophila larvae. Learn Mem. 2010;17:645-53 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest a model in which NMDAR-dependent depression of the OSN-PN synapse and/or NMDAR-dependent facilitation of inhibitory transmission from LNs ..
- Paranjpe P, Rodrigues V, Vijayraghavan K, Ramaswami M. Gustatory habituation in Drosophila relies on rutabaga (adenylate cyclase)-dependent plasticity of GABAergic inhibitory neurons. Learn Mem. 2012;19:627-35 pubmed publisher..We explain why these data provide significant and independent support for a general model in which inhibitory potentiation underlies habituation in multiple neural systems and species. ..
- Hu W, Wang T, Wang X, Han J. Ih channels control feedback regulation from amacrine cells to photoreceptors. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002115 pubmed publisher..These results provide new mechanistic insight into how synaptic feedback regulation can participate in network processing by modulating neural information transfer and circuit excitability. ..
- Robinson J, Paluch J, Dickman D, Joiner W. ADAR-mediated RNA editing suppresses sleep by acting as a brake on glutamatergic synaptic plasticity. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10512 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a plausible molecular mechanism linking sleep and synaptic plasticity. ..